Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #1351
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregster View Post
not trying to rub your nose in it but down south dealers are writing these bikes@ $8999

mine is ordered @ $9300

non ABS
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #1352
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,130
BIKE magazine (Mike Armitage) say this bike out Bonnie's the Bonnie, in terms of retro feel and fun, and fit/finish.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #1353
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
not trying to rub your nose in it but down south dealers are writing these bikes@ $8999

mine is ordered @ $9300

non ABS
I noticed that too. I just got a call from my local Honda dealer that said they are now willing to waive the $190 doc. fee after I had offered to put money down for MSRP only, last Saturday. I politely told them that I had done some research and for a half a days drive I could save over $1000. If my local dealer was being honest when they said they were only getting one ABS then I'm sure they won't have any issues selling that locally for atleast MSRP anyway.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #1354
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
The time to order this bike, without having to pay a premium, is rapidly closing, if it hasn't closed already. Sooner or later the dealers will wake up to the fact that there won't be enough to go around, at least in the Spring.
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #1355
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
The time to order this bike, without having to pay a premium, is rapidly closing, if it hasn't closed already. Sooner or later the dealers will wake up to the fact that there won't be enough to go around, at least in the Spring.
Naw.

Early-orders generally pay more. If they're popular then Honda will ramp-up the production and send more over... they may be 2014's, but they'll make more.

Somebody please find me a larger fuel tank option though. jesus...
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #1356
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofblue View Post
Actually there is a Japanese company offering a larger tank size by 1 gal. IIRC. I read about it on a facebook page for the cb1100 but don't have the company's name with me. It was ~US$1500 IIRC.

As for color, if you want another just have the tank wrapped!

Mambo Dave, here you go.

18 Liters http://japan.webike.net/products/20316188.html

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."

wannaklr screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 11:50 AM
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #1357
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Naw.

Early-orders generally pay more. If they're popular then Honda will ramp-up the production and send more over... they may be 2014's, but they'll make more.

Somebody please find me a larger fuel tank option though. jesus...
yep, and if the bike is in deman, expect to see a bump in the price. NC700X went up $500 for the standard model.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #1358
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
I noticed that too. I just got a call from my local Honda dealer that said they are now willing to waive the $190 doc. fee after I had offered to put money down for MSRP only, last Saturday. I politely told them that I had done some research and for a half a days drive I could save over $1000. If my local dealer was being honest when they said they were only getting one ABS then I'm sure they won't have any issues selling that locally for atleast MSRP anyway.

Yer a good guy.
You're being reasonable, and letting them make some money on a new model. At those discounted numbers unless the dealer is tacking on extra fees I doubt they're making more than 2 or 300$, which is sad and dumb.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #1359
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Yer a good guy.
You're being reasonable, and letting them make some money on a new model. At those discounted numbers unless the dealer is tacking on extra fees I doubt they're making more than 2 or 300$, which is sad and dumb.
So am I supposed to pay $1000+ more in the open market just to be a nice guy? Seems to me like MSRP is fair, which is what I offered at my local dealer. Can the southern dealerships really be selling at $1000 less than MSRP and taking a huge loss? Even though I detect sarcasm in your post, RedRocket, I am really trying to understand how one dealer would sell at such a huge loss and why wanting to originally buy at MSRP is so wrong?

dpg screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 12:55 PM
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #1360
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,855
Quote:
So am I supposed to pay $1000+ more in the open market just to be a nice guy? Seems to me like MSRP is fair, which is what I offered at my local dealer. Can the southern dealerships really be selling at $1000 less than MSRP and taking a huge loss? Even though I detect sarcasm in your post, RedRocket, I am really trying to understand how one dealer would sell at such a huge loss and why wanting to originally buy at MSRP is so wrong?

your MSRP offer was more than fair. They should have accepted it. Their loss. I tried real hard to buy a bike locally last September, but they were insisting on a bunch of fees. I really don't care what buckets they want to put the money in, it's the out the door price that matters to me. We were about $800 apart, and they were adding almost $900 in fees. I took my money and went elsewhere.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #1361
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
your MSRP offer was more than fair. They should have accepted it. Their loss. I tried real hard to buy a bike locally last September, but they were insisting on a bunch of fees. I really don't care what buckets they want to put the money in, it's the out the door price that matters to me. We were about $800 apart, and they were adding almost $900 in fees. I took my money and went elsewhere.
I'm with Breeze on this one. Their loss -- exactly. My local dealer has given me pretty good deals in the past, but I believe part of the reason was that before I ever bought a bike from them I was spending many hundreds or close to a thousand $ a year on parts, accessories and service. They can 'pad' their profit on the bikes they sell like that, which I don't mind at all. I want to get a good deal on a bike, sure, but there are other ways for them to stay profitable too.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #1362
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,016
In most cases, purchases of cars and motorcycles have been emotional in nature, and dealers knew an emotionally attached customer when they say one, and knew that like a drug addict, the buyer would pay what ever the price to get their FIX. That's where the $1000 set up fees, $100 documentation fees, $700 delivery fees came from.

With today's economy and insecurity towards the future, those emotions are being set aside for a touch of reality buy most buyers. Dealers need to become truly aware of that and deal with customers more reasonably when it comes to doc fees, set up fees, etc, or they won't be selling many units. Like mentioned, most of us are looking only at OTD total when considering a purchase, now.

Honda realized the economy situation and has provided simple, basic, high mileage machines in the NC, CTX and CB500 lines to their dealers. Now the dealers have to realize their part and try not doubling their profits in excessive fees added to the motorcycle's selling price. Guess we will see when all these bikes make it to the showroom floors.... tomp dd50
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #1363
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,106
Quote:
I'm not being sarcastic, I think MSRP for this bike is a fair price for you and the store.
I sell cars and I hate when other dealers are just whores, and give fresh new models away when they really don't have to.
If I were in the market for one I'd pay sticker like you offered, but not any more, just like you refused.
How does one dealer offer it for $1000 less? I'd guess they will charge PDI or setup fees, or a couple of points in the interest rate. That, and they're cheap-selling the bike when it seems unnecessary to me.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #1364
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
When you speak of 'dealers', you can't speak of them collectively. I may have been hasty in asserting that the 'window' is closing in it's entirety, but dealers have differring requirements, overheads, profit outlooks, expectations, etc.

I ordered a cb1100, with ABS, for $10,300 Out The Door. I figured that is a sharp enough price for an early adapter, and I didn't want to wait for the next wave of product and their (possible) discounts. I represent the first cb1100 customer for this dealer.

I had to locate a dealer within a 100 mile radius to secure this price.
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #1365
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARDirt View Post
Was hoping to start seeing some full blown ride test in the March issues of the mags but so far haven't seen anything. If someone see's something please post. This bike is also calling me!!!!
The review in BIKE Magazine (Issue 479, March 2013) was probably the most glowing I've seen yet for the CB1100. I was going to post a few choice quotes here, but I'm guessing that type of thing is a no-no given my quick review of the forum rules. For those who are feeling favorable about this bike, there is page after page of gushing over the big CB. Highly recommended.
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote