ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #196
gspdbill
noobie allover again
 
Joined: Feb 2002
Location: near Nashville, TN USA
Oddometer: 404
Sorry for the nOOb question, I'll just be by myself, is there a "shared" cabin accommodation or do you have to commit to a full cabin? Or is it already priced for just one single bunk in each of the cabins? Read thru several of the pages but admit I didn't read them all...

Just getting back into riding after a few years off, have done a few MOA & RA rally's and the Square Root Rally in MD. Looking forward to doing some off-road riding.

Thx.

'05 BMW F650GS Dakar
__________________
Bill
'05 R1200GS for now......
gspdbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #197
Cuttle OP
me? what?
 
Cuttle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mars
Oddometer: 10,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspdbill View Post
Sorry for the nOOb question, I'll just be by myself, is there a "shared" cabin accommodation or do you have to commit to a full cabin? Or is it already priced for just one single bunk in each of the cabins? Read thru several of the pages but admit I didn't read them all...

Just getting back into riding after a few years off, have done a few MOA & RA rally's and the Square Root Rally in MD. Looking forward to doing some off-road riding.

Thx.

'05 BMW F650GS Dakar
all the cabins are shared cabins (to maximize the bed space for the folks that don't camp) - the price listed is per person (bunk) and you will end up with other folks in the same room.
__________________
Cutītle (k?tīt'l)
1.(Zool) A cephalopod of the genus Sepia, having an internal shell, large eyes, and ten arms furnished with denticulated suckers, by means of which it secures its prey. 2. A foul-mouthed fellow
Cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #198
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr
 
Brown Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Calhoun, GA. USA
Oddometer: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBro View Post
... the A/C test photo ...
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #199
Laconic
Anodyne
 
Laconic's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Moran Nation, NC
Oddometer: 16,567
A word about the Dennis Cove Road

If you are headed up from the Hampton side, there are a couple places that could be tricky. There are a few spots where the pavement and the guardrail are quite a ways apart and the drop down between the two would not be pretty to get into. The pavement seems to narrow suddenly in some areas and the centerline isn't always in the middle.

What I'm trying to say is, it's not your standard road and it has the potential to bite someone in the butt if they get distracted or complacent.

Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #200
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,870
I didn't even know Dennis has his own road. That is cool. And it is only appropriate that it is an excellent adventure.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #201
guitarhack
Beastly Adventurer
 
guitarhack's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Cumming, Georgia
Oddometer: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconic View Post
If you are headed up from the Hampton side, there are a couple places that could be tricky. There are a few spots where the pavement and the guardrail are quite a ways apart and the drop down between the two would not be pretty to get into. The pavement seems to narrow suddenly in some areas and the centerline isn't always in the middle.

What I'm trying to say is, it's not your standard road and it has the potential to bite someone in the butt if they get distracted or complacent.

Yep.

To ride it safely, I needed to ride some of the hair-pin turns quite slowly. ...Then you look to your right and see a crevasse as the pavement drops off. But then again, I'm a wuss.

Almost seems easier to ride going down the hill.
guitarhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #202
Laconic
Anodyne
 
Laconic's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Moran Nation, NC
Oddometer: 16,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
I didn't even know Dennis has his own road. That is cool. And it is only appropriate that it is an excellent adventure.
You gonna be there?
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #203
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire
 
GlennR's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Boone,NC
Oddometer: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
Hey!

They're calling for 16" of snow on Stone Mtn tonight & tomorrow. Any of you rednecks have a 4wheeler for some "Extreme Scouting"?

Besides the snow being a little slippery, it aught'a be safer now....because all the bears & rattlesnakes will be hibernating.


Well....I looks like I was wrong about the Bears, they obviously aren't hibernating yet. But I'm almost positive the snakes are.

Maybe it's only the ones with really big feet that are still awake!!
GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #204
_anatic
Plated
 
_anatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: trUSt, NC
Oddometer: 1,137
Daymn! Now I'm not so sure I want to be in the woods with you.
__________________
Pisgah Forest Ridin'
_anatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #205
BDXMPL
The Sheriff
 
BDXMPL's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Asheville
Oddometer: 998
Wink This just in...

An important message from the Office of Important Messages:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...7#post19444697

Hunter
__________________
Then the world exploded, and my head fell off.
BDXMPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #206
Cuttle OP
me? what?
 
Cuttle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mars
Oddometer: 10,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDXMPL View Post
An important message from the Office of Important Messages:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...7#post19444697

Hunter

poor man, he has to go through all the RDV breakfast recipe testing...

I think I narrowed it down (w/o the peppers)

__________________
Cutītle (k?tīt'l)
1.(Zool) A cephalopod of the genus Sepia, having an internal shell, large eyes, and ten arms furnished with denticulated suckers, by means of which it secures its prey. 2. A foul-mouthed fellow
Cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #207
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it
 
Al Tuna's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 12,508
Wemmz...
__________________
Southeast Weather Map

Under construction
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #208
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer
 
WVhillbilly's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 9,514
WVhillbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #209
Mark_O
Drain Bamaged
 
Mark_O's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 15,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post
poor man, he has to go through all the RDV breakfast recipe testing...

I think I narrowed it down (w/o the peppers)


That looks yummy.
__________________
Sarcasm, just one more free service I provide.
Mark_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #210
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss
 
6USMC6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: The "Upper" Valley of the Shenandoah.
Oddometer: 4,498
Saturday morning breakfast at the 'Vous ??
__________________
Mike -

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014