Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
Wait

What?

There are curves and hills out there?

Crap. Count me out.
Flatlander.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #1397
BobJInPA
Just Bob

Oddometer: 55
I'll be riding in via Nashville. Planning to spend a night honky tonking on Broadway Wednesday and then pull into camp on Thursday.

BTW, I just realized that I haven't had a day off work since New Years (no holidays, sick days, or vacation) and I worked a few weekends. The Rendezvous cannot come too soon. When you see me, please feed me beer
BobJInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #1398
_anatic
Plated

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post
Thank you!

Parking list:

1. VStromNC
2. hscrugby - with trailer
3. HappyCRNA
4. Candy Kiehna
5. Karen Keihna
6. Debbie Keihna
7. AlTuna - with trailer
8. Glenn R
Ummm
Old 05-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #1399
assquatch20
Hoss Cat

Oddometer: 1,084
Vintage bikes lend their problems, so I'll be watching from the keyboard this year but take pictures again, folks. I'm tempted to come out anyway and stare at stuff.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #1400
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,599
Somebody call TV show Parking Wars... Gonna be classic, motorcycle event, cars, trailers.... you know

Facebook
Nova Scotia on Explorer

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #1401
Cuttle OP
me? what?

Oddometer: 9,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by _anatic View Post
Ummm

you, Kenny and us are already considered in. Well, I could I leave the shirts and food at home, and ride a bike.

I just hope we don't have to use your truck again to rescue folks that don't even know about it..
Old 05-02-2013, 03:37 AM   #1402
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer: 7,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119 View Post
You're really going to love getting that up Dennis Cove Road, and by love I mean loath every moment.

The road has 180* switchbacks, is about 1.38 lanes wide, and in couple of places makes very abrupt 90* turns.

Can it be done? Sure. Hell I watched my dad take a suburban and a 21' ski boat through a drive through with poles on all sides.

Just want to make sure that you're comfortable doing as such instead of you getting there and having an "oh shit" moment.

You have obviously never met me!
I'll be coming through WIDE-ASS Open with the necessary materials for the Moran Nation encampment!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:49 AM   #1403
dbarale
Squiddly slow

Oddometer: 1,087
Quote:
You're really going to love getting that up Dennis Cove Road, and by love I mean loath every moment.

The road has 180* switchbacks, is about 1.38 lanes wide, and in couple of places makes very abrupt 90* turns.

Can it be done? Sure. Hell I watched my dad take a suburban and a 21' ski boat through a drive through with poles on all sides.

Just want to make sure that you're comfortable doing as such instead of you getting there and having an "oh shit" moment.
You forgot to mention that the shoulder is about a foot lower than the asphalt on both sides and that there are guard rails 6" from the edges at times...
dbarale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #1404
_anatic
Plated

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post
you, Kenny and us are already considered in. Well, I could I leave the shirts and food at home, and ride a bike.

I just hope we don't have to use your truck again to rescue folks that don't even know about it..

Just
I owe you.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #1405
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post
I'll be coming through WIDE-ASS Open with the necessary materials for the Moran Nation encampment!
They beat "Disclosure. Disclosure. Disclosure." in our heads here in my Ethics class. It frickin' sucks. I hate being ethical sometimes. I take my final in 45 minutes, thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarale View Post
You forgot to mention that the shoulder is about a foot lower than the asphalt on both sides and that there are guard rails 6" from the edges at times...
Sssshhhhhhhh! It's the little things in life that are the most memorable, like the thought of rolling a long wheel base "wanna-be" truck (read: Tacoma) and a trailer down the side of a mountain, or when you call the tow-truck he has the Deliverance song playing.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 AM   #1406
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,097
So what you are saying is I should bring the Jeep and plan on recovering peoples trucks with my winch and then charge them there allotment of beers for the service
Old 05-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #1407
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,964
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarale View Post
Here's a video riding up the paved road to Black Bear if you want a preview.

There was still a lot of sand/slag still on the road a few weeks ago when this was taken.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #1408
Cuttle OP
me? what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post

so, Tuna brings a truck, you do and Ducky too???

May I suggest to throw the easy up in Tunas truck (he's the only one with an excuse), pack your tent on the bike and ride?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #1409
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
Here's a video riding up the paved road to Black Bear if you want a preview.
They fixed the road?! Hell that thing looks like a runway now. Disregard my previous statements. Ray Charles could drive a tractor-trailer up there half drunk.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #1410
Cuttle OP
me? what?

Quote:
They fixed the road?! Hell that thing looks like a runway now. Disregard my previous statements. Ray Charles could drive a tractor-trailer up there half drunk.
it's "freshly" paved, but not wider... with a nasty drop off (no shoulder at all) on both sides.