ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #16
Baja Ho
Studly Adventurer
 
Baja Ho's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Central Coast, CA. USA & Cabo San Lucas, Baja Sur
Oddometer: 749
Would it be possble to provide night pics comparing stock to the model 60? And will your kit fit an 06 Husky TE 610? The mast looks similar. Thanks
Baja Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:40 AM   #17
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Ho View Post
Would it be possble to provide night pics comparing stock to the model 60? And will your kit fit an 06 Husky TE 610? The mast looks similar. Thanks
Need to work on some night shots. One model 60 is amazing. Here's a vid from an inmate, this is a single model 60 on a Yamaha, the light is angled down a bit. Night riding starts about 4:09 in.


From looking at online parts fiche I think it will fit your 06 TE610, not positive though. If it doesn't fit I will refund your money.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
Baja Ho
Studly Adventurer
 
Baja Ho's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Central Coast, CA. USA & Cabo San Lucas, Baja Sur
Oddometer: 749
Good vid., that guy should inter Erzberg. At about 8:25 on the video, looks like he has another light on his handle bars, is that the LED light? And also a helmet light. Would be great to see the LED as a stand alone.
Baja Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #19
WIthumper
The 610 guy
 
WIthumper's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Milton, WI
Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Ho View Post
Would it be possble to provide night pics comparing stock to the model 60? And will your kit fit an 06 Husky TE 610? The mast looks similar. Thanks
I have an 07 Husky 610 (carb version) and I put it on last weekend and it fits just fine. HUGE difference in light output from stock. One thing to keep in mind, if you don't have the matching white connector for the wiring harness on your bike, you can just slide the three black spade type female connectors from the bike inside the white connector on the wiring harness. The color of the wire insulation on the bike matches the connections on the wiring harness. I used some 'Tommy Tape' to seal up the wires around the white connector to keep in weatherproof.
WIthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #20
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIthumper View Post
I have an 07 Husky 610 (carb version) and I put it on last weekend and it fits just fine. HUGE difference in light output from stock. One thing to keep in mind, if you don't have the matching white connector for the wiring harness on your bike, you can just slide the three black spade type female connectors from the bike inside the white connector on the wiring harness. The color of the wire insulation on the bike matches the connections on the wiring harness. I used some 'Tommy Tape' to seal up the wires around the white connector to keep in weatherproof.
Great to hear it worked for you. How were the instructions?

We need some pics, your Husky brethren need you to to light the way
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #21
WIthumper
The 610 guy
 
WIthumper's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Milton, WI
Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Great to hear it worked for you. How were the instructions?

We need some pics, your Husky brethren need you to to light the way
I had it installed before noticing that you sent me the instructions.

The directions look fine. I'll see what I can do to send some pics your way to post up.
WIthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #22
Baja Ho
Studly Adventurer
 
Baja Ho's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Central Coast, CA. USA & Cabo San Lucas, Baja Sur
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIthumper View Post
I have an 07 Husky 610 (carb version) and I put it on last weekend and it fits just fine. HUGE difference in light output from stock. One thing to keep in mind, if you don't have the matching white connector for the wiring harness on your bike, you can just slide the three black spade type female connectors from the bike inside the white connector on the wiring harness. The color of the wire insulation on the bike matches the connections on the wiring harness. I used some 'Tommy Tape' to seal up the wires around the white connector to keep in weatherproof.
Thanks for the info. Have any night pics?
Baja Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #23
WIthumper
The 610 guy
 
WIthumper's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Milton, WI
Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Ho View Post
Thanks for the info. Have any night pics?
I'll see if I can take some pics tonite.
WIthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #24
Bokrijder
Soyez sans que peur
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Mile north of Turkey Point light house
Oddometer: 313
I received the KTM kit today and tried the plate in a spare mask - fits perfect.
This mask is actually a Baja aftermarket item.
I believe this kit will fit in most (if not all) masks using the 3.5" x5.25" headlight assembly.

Nice quality and workmanship on the kit - quick delivery.

Bokrijder
__________________
KTM525EXC
KLR650
Bokrijder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #25
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokrijder View Post
I received the KTM kit today and tried the plate in a spare mask - fits perfect.
This mask is actually a Baja aftermarket item.
I believe this kit will fit in most (if not all) masks using the 3.5" x5.25" headlight assembly.

Nice quality and workmanship on the kit - quick delivery.

Bokrijder
Great to hear you are happy with it. I haven't had a chance to write the instructions, assembly should be very straight forward.

sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #26
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIthumper View Post
I'll see if I can take some pics tonite.
Any progress on the pics?

How do you like the light?
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #27
WIthumper
The 610 guy
 
WIthumper's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Milton, WI
Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Any progress on the pics?

How do you like the light?
Sorry for the delay. Just got back last night from a 900 mile ride with no way to send pics. Should have some pics to post tomorrow. Compared to the stock Husky light, no comparison. I rode down some dark roads and did not have any issues with lighting (even with on model 60 on the bike).
WIthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #28
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior
 
clapped_r6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Ridgefield, WA
Oddometer: 2,607
this system looks good. could one wire in a switch to turn the light off completely?

fwiw 07 ktm 450. i'm considering the HDB bar system, and thinking putting one of their mini switches on the triple clamp to be able to turn the light completely off (as in, offroad when the fan is running)
__________________
colonel angus sez, "sometimes you just gotta superman that ho"
clapped_r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #29
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapped_r6 View Post
this system looks good. could one wire in a switch to turn the light off completely?

fwiw 07 ktm 450. i'm considering the HDB bar system, and thinking putting one of their mini switches on the triple clamp to be able to turn the light completely off (as in, offroad when the fan is running)
You could wire in a switch to turn it off. It may not be worth it because it draws so little power when dimmed (low beam). Adjusted to a usable (at night) low beam setting it uses 3watts.

Does your KTM have DC available?
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #30
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior
 
clapped_r6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Ridgefield, WA
Oddometer: 2,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
You could wire in a switch to turn it off. It may not be worth it because it draws so little power when dimmed (low beam). Adjusted to a usable (at night) low beam setting it uses 3watts.

Does your KTM have DC available?
it's going to be once i order some parts!

what % pulls 3 watts? i was planning on getting the model 60. which dimmer does this come with for the ktms?
__________________
colonel angus sez, "sometimes you just gotta superman that ho"
clapped_r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014