Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 05:01 AM   #16
ADVtortoise OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTim View Post
Thanks for the RR.
Thanks for the comment and for reading the ride report.
ADVtortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:34 AM   #17
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipedreamer View Post
The Trans-Canada highway from Sudbury to Manitoulin is a nice road. It gets very scenic from Espanola to Manitoulin Island.

He are a couple of photos of Don on the highway.

I already forgot the name of this waterfall. But it was on a little side road off the Trans-Canada highway.
This is my neck of the woods, nice to see you getting off the main hwy for pics! The 2nd pic of above is Whitefish Falls. Had you gone down that road you stopped to take the pic from you would have seen the Red Dog Grill. Great food and peeps. Highly recommended!

The first pic of the scenery - You were SO close to a fantastic shot. You were actually standing on the turn in! That was taken at the Willisville turn off. Go up that road a couple of hundred feet (the road is cut into the side of a 'mountain') and look south. Fantastic view and one of my favourite spots for a day ride out of Sudbury.

Really good on ya!

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com

bungie4 screwed with this post 09-08-2012 at 05:35 AM Reason: Morning typo's
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #18
The Evil Twin
Boxer Freak

Oddometer: 451
Very nice! A lot of great pix as well! I just did a lap around Lake Ontario, now I'm thinking of Huron!!
CCS #132 Sponsors: DC-Moto.net, Amsoil, Manassas Honda Kawasaki, MARRC
2013 Amateur of the Year
2013 RCGT #6 Overall Mid Atlantic
2012 Cornerworker of the Year

The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #19
ADVtortoise OP
Adventurer

Talking

Here is an email from my daughter:

Great job on your ride report! You have a good balance of personal opinions/experiences and interesting facts about the places you went. The photos definitely helped illustrate your trip, and the pictures of your food made it seem more real. It looks like you had a great trip.

I did think this part was funny: " The rectangular item on an angle in the background is a bear-proof garbage can. I had to read the instructions the first time I tried to open it. I am pretty sure I would have figured it out eventually. "

So what you're saying is that you are pretty sure you're smarter than the average bear? :)

Thanks for sharing. Erin

She inherited my sense of humor.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #20
N-Id-Jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Great RR! Thx I grew up in the Mitten and have been to many of those places. Fun.

BTW i had a Pastie last night in Spokane WA, authentic recipie from Butte MT, a big mining town, and it was delicious!

Cheers!
N-Id-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #21
histguy
Histguy

Oddometer: 38
Don here

Don here.

Tom- thanks for the great ride report on our trip. It was my first multi-day ride and I enjoyed it thoroughly! Can't wait to do Lake Superior next summer!

Steve- we were told about (and saw) the Red Dog Grill. We will have to be sure to stop in next time!

I will dig out some of my pics of this ride soon and post them up here for others to enjoy.
histguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #22
ADVtortoise OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
This is my neck of the woods, nice to see you getting off the main hwy for pics! The 2nd pic of above is Whitefish Falls. Had you gone down that road you stopped to take the pic from you would have seen the Red Dog Grill. Great food and peeps. Highly recommended!

The first pic of the scenery - You were SO close to a fantastic shot. You were actually standing on the turn in! That was taken at the Willisville turn off. Go up that road a couple of hundred feet (the road is cut into the side of a 'mountain') and look south. Fantastic view and one of my favourite spots for a day ride out of Sudbury.

Really good on ya!

Yes, that was Whitefish Falls. Thanks for reminding me what it was. I have often wondered how many great views or interesting things I ride right by without knowing. I know some riders believe you should just get on your bike and go where the road takes you. But personally I think I get a lot more out of a ride if I do a little research first (like reading ride reports on this forum ) and talk to people along the way. It was at a motorcycle dealer in Sudbury told us about Whitefish Falls and the Red Dog Grill.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #23
ADVtortoise OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Id-Jim View Post
Great RR! Thx I grew up in the Mitten and have been to many of those places. Fun.

BTW i had a Pastie last night in Spokane WA, authentic recipie from Butte MT, a big mining town, and it was delicious!

Cheers!

Thanks for the complement and I am glad it brought back some good memories. I am also glad to hear there are good pasties in other parts of the country. I will have to remember this about the Butte MT area so if I ever get out there I can track down a pastie.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #24
ADVtortoise OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by histguy View Post
Don here.

Tom- thanks for the great ride report on our trip. It was my first multi-day ride and I enjoyed it thoroughly! Can't wait to do Lake Superior next summer!

Steve- we were told about (and saw) the Red Dog Grill. We will have to be sure to stop in next time!

I will dig out some of my pics of this ride soon and post them up here for others to enjoy.

Don, glad you liked the report and enjoyed the ride. I was surprised how much work it was for me to write a ride report, but writing it let me relive the trip, which was a great bonus.