Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by R12Battletub View Post
Ten hours?! Did you hide it somewhere and make them find it first? Should be three or four for a pro and seven or eight for us noobs. Agree that maybe a phone call or two may have helped.

An e-mail given to the vendor actually is giving the vendor a chance to look into the problem. You are completely wrong. You clearly do not make a living greeting the public, where the first thing that happens is you are put on hold. Anderwerks needs to step up now,,,after the 1st e-mail, not 0% response after 6 e-mails.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #17
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,395
All you fan boys swinging from Anderworks nuts are crazy. Stop telling him he should have called, he made more than reasonable attempts to make contact. Notice the part where the tech Mike contacted him on July 16th? Obviously the shop is well aware there's an issue to fix, it seems they've chosen to ignore it instead. After going on for well beyond 2 months I think Jim has the patience of a Saint. I can't belive some of these replies.

Reading comprehension FAIL.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #18
R12Battletub
nooblet

Oddometer: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
An e-mail given to the vendor actually is giving the vendor a chance to look into the problem. You are completely wrong. You clearly do not make a living greeting the public, where the first thing that happens is you are put on hold. Anderwerks needs to step up now,,,after the 1st e-mail, not 0% response after 6 e-mails.
What am I completely wrong about? That MAYBE a call MIGHT have helped? Are you saying that a call would definitely not have helped? How do you know this? It is true that I do not make a living greeting the public, not sure what that has to do with anything. I didn't say call only instead of email; email is great for providing a record of the interaction. For what it's worth, from the OP's account, I also think Anderworks has dropped the ball.

Oh wait, are you saying I am completely wrong about the time it takes a noob to reshim a final drive?
R12Battletub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #19
jdcross OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
I need to correct a statement I made about the number of hours Anderwerks charged me for the work done on my final drive.
I stated I was charged for 10.05 hours
That is incorrect. I misread the invoice
I was charged for 4.25 hours not 10.05 hours

No, I wasn't advised of this mistake by anyone at Anderwerks
I reread the invoice and noted my error.
Sorry for misleading the readers.

Jim
jdcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #20
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
That MAYBE a call MIGHT have helped?
Helped how exactly? They contacted him on the 16th which to me is a strong indicator they were reading emails and aware of the issue. It would be cool to know both sides before we light the torches and hunt him down.

PG007
Old 08-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #21
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R12Battletub View Post
What am I completely wrong about? That MAYBE a call MIGHT have helped? Are you saying that a call would definitely not have helped? How do you know this? It is true that I do not make a living greeting the public, not sure what that has to do with anything. I didn't say call only instead of email; email is great for providing a record of the interaction. For what it's worth, from the OP's account, I also think Anderworks has dropped the ball.

Oh wait, are you saying I am completely wrong about the time it takes a noob to reshim a final drive?

So,,, you are saying that this whole incident now rests at the hands of the customer, basically it's his fault because he didn't call??? Clearly they do business way different in Ottawa fucking Ontario than anywhere else in this galaxy.

I say sic-em boy, go after this company to rectify or refund. Very simple.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:24 AM   #22
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,044
Quote:
So,,, you are saying that this whole incident now rests at the hands of the customer, basically it's his fault because he didn't call??? Clearly they do business way different in Ottawa fucking Ontario than anywhere else in this galaxy.

Sounds like someone's havin a baaaaad day!

hope you don't fly off the handle like this in your business.....customer relations being what they are.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:52 AM   #23
R12Battletub
nooblet

Oddometer: 305
Quote:

Are you intoxicated or do you have incredibly poor reading comprehension skills? Where THE FUCK did I say it is "basically his fault"? Did you see the part where I agreed with the customer that Anderworks has dropped the ball? Quit hating and start reading.
R12Battletub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #24
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsstampeder View Post
Sounds like someone's havin a baaaaad day!

hope you don't fly off the handle like this in your business.....customer relations being what they are.

Having a great day. Just got back from Cirq du Sole with a lovely lady, great meal. Just defending a thread starter from guys quick to call him out because they feel an e-mail [or 6 in this case] is inadequete correspondence to a business which has shown every indication to back away from it's responsibility.
Our customer relations are fantastic, because we actually communicate with our customers. In any medium they wish.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #25
edwin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
What does Anderwerks have to say about this topic?
1974 honda cb 550 (R.i.P. vanessa)
edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #26
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
poor reading comprehension skills
That applies to several in this thread! Where's Dave no doubt he's read this by now, cooking up a good story maybe?

PG007
Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #27
Mercenary
Mindless Savage

Oddometer: 964
Unfortunately this kind of situation is becoming all too common today with some businesses and business owners. Jim here took all the necessary steps to show Anderwerks the problem and they chose to ignore it IF we are to believe everything happened the way Jim explained. IF it indeed went down the way Jim is describing here....then its a hell of a way to run a railroad.....

A company that makes a mistake or screws up in someway shape or form gets TWO chances with me. One is by e-mail and the other is a direct call. If I'm not satisfied afterwards then I usually dispute the charges through pay-pal or my credit card company. THAT gets their attention right quicky.

Jim. If you paid by credit card then you can dispute the charges if service wasn't rendered properly. You're well within your rights.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #28
basepc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
I was raised by a mechanic. I took my bike to Dave 2x's. He did all the things my Dad taught me that mech's do to screw customer's. Two times because I gave Dave a chance that the first was an off day.
basepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #29
skrider
2011 Strom

Oddometer: 35
Obviously I don't really know if the repair was done right or not, but I do know that if you're running a successful business you're probably doing a lot of it via email and internet. Pretty sure Anderwerks doesn't place its yearly inventory order with BMW Canada by carrier pigeon.

This isn't really about debating the quality of work anymore. It's about a problem that seems to be only getting worse. Good customer service is an exception, not the rule. I guess its not surprising that motorcycle service/sales is falling into the same trap but it was always nice for it to be the last home of really caring that a customer rode away happy. Maybe its the sense of community among riders? I don't know, but getting my bike serviced these days feels a lot more like Canadian Tire than it does an owner-operated shop with a passion for bikes and riders.
skrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #30
MCP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Seems to me

the OP has a valid beef.

Forgetting the quality of the work, the least Dave could have done is respond to his emails and calls. If Dave doesn't agree with the OP, then say so, but to leave a customer hanging for weeks during the riding season isn't right.

I had a similar experience with a U.S. aftermarket seat manufacturer and it was incredibly frustrating. Take a guess who

There's another side to this story of course, but based on the OP's info, I'd have to side with him.

I did have a bike serviced at Dave's years ago and I was quite happy; but this type of posting would make me think twice now.
MCP is offline   Reply With Quote