ride the night

Oddometer: 2,326
yeah what happened here
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #47
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,355
Yeah, and how is it that both you AND the officer are behind the lense and away from the bikes?
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #48
NeedaSpace7 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
It is registered . The guy got off his bike being a hard ass , yelling at me for unsafe tires , going over my bike saying that just becuase I add a headlights and brakelight I'm not street legal yada yada yada . told him it was all from the factory

I just kept saying I was unaware of everything that he called me out for . So after a good 7 to 10 minutes of him ranting he finally calls in my plate and says "I didn't think they let those knobbies on the street , sorry."

Let me go scotch free , but I'm not aloud to ride in the abandon golf course any more :mad:

So I made a convo with him , asked him to take a picture of his bike , which he asked to not be in . And that's the less detailed version , because I'm on my phone

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
NeedaSpace7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:06 AM   #49
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 8,154
First, in what general area of Ohio do you live? I'm just curious. I used to live in eastern Ohio - Tuscarawas County. I'm now in Delaware, north of Columbus. We dual sport around the area of Tuscarawas county.

Second, if you have DOT tires and the other stuff you did with your bike you ARE legal. It is in the Ohio revised code how to do a "home built" street bike. Involves brake/tail light, horn, headlight, etc. It can be found in the 4501 range of the revised code on-line lighting is specifically in the 4513 area. But you may already be aware of that. If so, this would be good for other Ohioans to know if they want to make a motorcycle road legal. Interesting part is I have yet to read any requirement for turn signals, but I've not totally read all the codes referenced.

It is actually easy to do the bike in Ohio.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550

markk53 screwed with this post 11-03-2012 at 07:34 AM
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #50
pfy50
Professional nOOb

Oddometer: 479
Just an aside from a former one; police depts. often hire motorcycle cops from within there ranks of officers who don't know the first thing about motorcyles or what DOT means. It is easier to train a newbie officer in the Maryland State police or CHP method of bike riding to someone who doesn't already ride MC and may have what they consider as bad habits in bike handling. So often these officers that just patrol on two wheels instead of 4 know very little about the motorcycling community outside of what they were taught at the motor officers 2week school. It is a big learning curve for them also.
pfy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #51
plugeye
mc caregiver

Oddometer: 3,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfy50 View Post
Just an aside from a former one; police depts. often hire motorcycle cops from within there ranks of officers who don't know the first thing about motorcyles or what DOT means. It is easier to train a newbie officer in the Maryland State police or CHP method of bike riding to someone who doesn't already ride MC and may have what they consider as bad habits in bike handling. So often these officers that just patrol on two wheels instead of 4 know very little about the motorcycling community outside of what they were taught at the motor officers 2week school. It is a big learning curve for them also.
thanks for the headsup
plugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #52
NeedaSpace7 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk53 View Post
First, in what general area of Ohio do you live? I'm just curious. I used to live in eastern Ohio - Tuscarawas County. I'm now in Delaware, north of Columbus. We dual sport around the area of Tuscarawas county.

Second, if you have DOT tires and the other stuff you did with your bike you ARE legal. It is in the Ohio revised code how to do a "home built" street bike. Involves brake/tail light, horn, headlight, etc. It can be found in the 4501 range of the revised code on-line lighting is specifically in the 4513 area. But you may already be aware of that. If so, this would be good for other Ohioans to know if they want to make a motorcycle road legal. Interesting part is I have yet to read any requirement for turn signals, but I've not totally read all the codes referenced.

It is actually easy to do the bike in Ohio.
late reply but,

this picture was taken on Hines hill Rd. in Boston heights. Im from Macedonia

bike is semi legal, no horn, no dot tires and a few other things. cop seemed clueless.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #53
NeedaSpace7 OP
Adventurer

i wanted this thread to be a "how to" type thing. but that didnt work out so well. atleast there is some good information that has been shared. here are some pics of the street legalizing

the parts

the helper

digging in! cutting the grips and throttle tube

let the tapping begin!

dismantlement

installing the switch panel

wiring . surprisingly headache free!

rear brake wiring

front turns all wired up

annnnnnnd, front hydraulic pressure witch, heat shrunk with a 6mm Yamaha blue air-soft pellet !
Old 02-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #54
Dunes
Wrencher

Oddometer: 2
Can you explain a little bit on the hydraulic brake switch installs? Just picked up my 2012 last week and looking for ideas to get the brake lights working.
Dunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #55
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,407
It is a plug and play on the rear brake master, you will need to bleed your brakes when you are done though. The stock rear brake light has a dual bulb in it so you can wire directly. There is a good how to on Thumpertalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunes View Post
Can you explain a little bit on the hydraulic brake switch installs? Just picked up my 2012 last week and looking for ideas to get the brake lights working.
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #56
Dunes
Wrencher

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly705 View Post
It is a plug and play on the rear brake master, you will need to bleed your brakes when you are done though. The stock rear brake light has a dual bulb in it so you can wire directly. There is a good how to on Thumpertalk.
Thanks for the direction, the ones I found on Thumpertalk were very helpful!
Dunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #57
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,407
Call and ask for Forest if you can't find on the site

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunes View Post
Okay, where the heck do you buy DRC products? I can't find them anywhere! Not amazon, on the DRC site itself, or anywhere else. I need the Edge 2 universal tail light with plate holder.
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote