Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #661
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,051
I'll send the tools that are paid for of no adapters were in the order. The others ill wait until the adapters come in.

Speaking of paid, a rep from PayPal called me this morning, plus I got a follow up email. They've been watching my account and told me that if I keep getting payments as "gifts" they'll shut my account down. I explained that you are all family and that this isn't a profit generating enterprise. Plus we're paying, or Are is, their fees on the front side. Anyway, if you're getting ready to pay, do it regular and add the 3%, or mail me a check.
PineyMountainRacing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #662
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Paymrent sent as regular PP with 3% added plus something extra for you... Thanks for doing this and your patience.
ilbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #663
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing View Post
I'll send the tools that are paid for of no adapters were in the order. The others ill wait until the adapters come in.

Speaking of paid, a rep from PayPal called me this morning, plus I got a follow up email. They've been watching my account and told me that if I keep getting payments as "gifts" they'll shut my account down. I explained that you are all family and that this isn't a profit generating enterprise. Plus we're paying, or Are is, their fees on the front side. Anyway, if you're getting ready to pay, do it regular and add the 3%, or mail me a check.
Hence why I don't do PP (I used to) - they fucking suck. Great idea but they got greedy especially after eBay bought them (I don't do eBay now either since they only take PP). Fuck 'em, their loss not mine (I was buying way too much shit on eBay as it was )
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #664
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Hence why I don't do PP (I used to) - they fucking suck. Great idea but they got greedy especially after eBay bought them (I don't do eBay now either since they only take PP). Fuck 'em, their loss not mine (I was buying way too much shit on eBay as it was )
I just sent an email to PayPal. I don't understand the difference between what we are doing and the examples they use as "appropriate" gifts. I sent 9000 to Are this time and 5000 last time, all thru PayPal, and they took their fees out of that. Plus I'm sure they charged him to convert USD to EURO, and he factors that into the price he charges us.

PineyMountainRacing screwed with this post 03-21-2013 at 07:57 PM
Old 03-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #665
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 687
I'm confused a bit, PP says there is no fee for you as long as the sender has an account linked. 3% if using credit card. Is there also an additional hidden fee with PP for gifts vs goods?
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #666
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Quote:
I just sent an email to PayPal. I don't understand the difference between what we are doing and the examples they use as "appropriate" gifts. I sent 9000 to Are this time and 5000 last time, all thru PayPal, and they took their fees out of that. Plus I'm sure they charged him to convert USD to EURO, and he factors that into the price he charges us.
Greed. Pure and simple.

I still get emails from them asking me to come back and either a. get their credit card (not a chance, I don't need/want another card) or b. link to my bank account (nope, I'd sooner cut my left testicle off)

Fuck PP
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Old 03-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #667
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrapper View Post
I'm confused a bit, PP says there is no fee for you as long as the sender has an account linked. 3% if using credit card. Is there also an additional hidden fee with PP for gifts vs goods?
Not really, but in my case they saw all the $$$ going thru my account and decided they wanted in on the action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Greed. Pure and simple.

I still get emails from them asking me to come back and either a. get their credit card (not a chance, I don't need/want another card) or b. link to my bank account (nope, I'd sooner cut my left testicle off)

Fuck PP
To get "qualified" after the first 20K or whatever, I took out a PP credit card. But then I cancelled it and set up a free checking account with another bank (not my primary bank) and use that account for a sweep account (to empty my PP account) and then transfer the money to one of my primary accounts for paying bills. It takes 4-5 days to get the money into the "sweep" account and then another several days to get it to my main account.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #668
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

4 checks arrived today, Curtis S, Twig S, Mark M and STEIN4, and Mercury264 showed up yesterday. I'll update the list tonite.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #669
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Quote:
4 checks arrived today, Curtis S, Twig S, Mark M and STEIN4, and Mercury264 showed up yesterday. I'll update the list tonite.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Old 03-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #670
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

and checks from Bill S, Steven R and RoadRdr. It's like Christmas around here LOL
Old 03-23-2013, 04:24 AM   #671
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

List updated this morning, thanks to everybody who's paid up. Now we just wait....
Old 03-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #672
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,408
Are we there yet????

I can't wait.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #673
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Are we there yet????

I can't wait.
patience, gwasshoppa.

actually, everybody's been more than patient. I'm more of a "I want it yesterday kinda guy"
Old 03-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #674
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 1,013
PMR,

What do the three asterisks before the first three names on the list mean?? Also , mentions "whimpy tool" as well. Are these names part of the same "master list" ?

Do you have a ballpark idea in your mind when you think you will be sending out the first tools from your house?? (Emphasis on BALLPARK)

I am sure you are hesitant to give time tables due to the potential for false hopes turning into perceived feelings of being wronged if something unexpected takes place. So just a GUESS-TAMENT is all I'm wanting to hear.

For the ones who would have their panties in a wadd over unexpected delays, you could reference your reply to this question as a disclaimer.....

And thx again for your assistance with this GB !!
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #675
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
PMR,

What do the three asterisks before the first three names on the list mean?? Also , mentions "whimpy tool" as well. Are these names part of the same "master list" ?

Do you have a ballpark idea in your mind when you think you will be sending out the first tools from your house?? (Emphasis on BALLPARK)

I am sure you are hesitant to give time tables due to the potential for false hopes turning into perceived feelings of being wronged if something unexpected takes place. So just a GUESS-TAMENT is all I'm wanting to hear.

For the ones who would have their panties in a wadd over unexpected delays, you could reference your reply to this question as a disclaimer.....

And thx again for your assistance with this GB !!
What asterisk do you speak of? LOL

Seriously, they were an "in house" code for me, no longer needed and now deleted. The list on page 41 is "the list" and if Are has our order right, everyone there should get what they wanted. I also have an unpublished list of peeps who contacted me after I placed the order, ready to take any left overs.

Normally I would ship first to the inmates who paid up first, but the first packages will be only tools, no adapters, so I will go ahead and ship to the guys that ordered only the tyre tool and get them taken care of. When the next set of packages arrive, I'll get everybody else taken care of, in order of payment, and size of tip

The last time around, I just stayed at work and got them already to ship the day they came in, I was there until 2 AM, but had them all out the door the next day. There are twice as many to ship this time, so it might take an extra day or so.

I think in your case, you just have a tool coming so Ill get it out to you ASAP, might even be this week.