Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #871
seniorasi
Banned

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside500 View Post
So seniorsai,
Have you have a chance to use the stand?
Yo, Ramz is the guy that bought the stand, I sold my tool to an interested inmate. I'm building a shop so the wife can have the garage back for her Jeep. After that's done I'll order the stand and accessories direct from Ari since I won't have time to burn the remainder before then anyway.
seniorasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #872
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain excellent View Post
i'm interested too if one gets going again.

+1
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #873
Darkside500
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Oh right, sorry.
Ramz, check in with an update please.
Darkside500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #874
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,184
Been trying to figure a way around this but I'm not gonna be able to do a Group Buy III until late in the fall. I'll be falling off the grid for a month this summer, which ive never done before. I'm so behind on prepping for that trip and when I get back It will be hell catching up. I've got a dozen or so inmates that are interested in a tool, I can pass those names on to one of you if you wanna take over for round 3. LOL it won't hurt my feelings!

I'll be subscribed as long as there is still interest or questions. And if you guys, and gals, want to do something after I get back from my trip I could help organize it then

Cheers!

PMR
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #875
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing View Post
Been trying to figure a way around this but I'm not gonna be able to do a Group Buy III until late in the fall. I'll be falling off the grid for a month this summer, which ive never done before. I'm so behind on prepping for that trip and when I get back It will be hell catching up. I've got a dozen or so inmates that are interested in a tool, I can pass those names on to one of you if you wanna take over for round 3. LOL it won't hurt my feelings!

I'll be subscribed as long as there is still interest or questions. And if you guys, and gals, want to do something after I get back from my trip I could help organize it then

Cheers!

PMR
I'd host the next buy if you can tell me what to do. I've got a UPS pickup every day.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #876
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,184
Tyre Tool Group Buy 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
I'd host the next buy if you can tell me what to do. I've got a UPS pickup every day.
sounds good, Are is the owner of the company and they are located in Estonia. His website is http://kauritmoto.com/ and his email is arekaurit@hotmail.com. Regular price for the tyre tool is 99 E plus shipping. 99 E is about 127 USD (right now). IIRC he was giving a 25% discount for orders of 20+ tools, adapters and optional pushers are extra (you can find the prices in the thread). The trick is to order the right number of tools and adapters to optimize the shipping, he gets about 25 tools with various adapters in each package. Both times I bought extra tools to "fill out" the order and they were all sold before the shipment ever got here.

the rest is up to you. I didn't add a "service charge." What people paid is what it cost, although many inmates were very generous with "tips" - just be sure to ship their's first LOL. I have a UPS account but I found it cheaper to ship USPS Flat Rate, a medium FR box is just under $12 and comes with tracking info and email notifications. You can easily fit 2 tools and adapters in 1 FR box, in fact I got 3 in 1 box by not shipping 1 of Are's boxes (I took the tool out and got rid of the box it came in). I was nervous but the USPS came thru and every box got delivered. If you include inmates from Canada you will need to use USPS for them. I had inmates pay me thru PP or by check. I got in a pissing contest with PP because they noticed all the cash going thru my account as "gifts." I got a phone call from PP and had a long discussion with the guy. My point was that I was just being "reimbursed" for the items, and that Are had already paid the PP fees and had included them in his invoice. In my mind it was no different than "gifting" somebody who paid for your dinner or theater ticket the nite before.

hard part is keeping ADV screen names, real names, emails, orders and payments straight. and people will change their order part way thru. No biggie if you keep good records. You need a "cut-off" date (or number of tools) although most people that wanted one after the deadline were able to get one. and then the "nail biting part" is sending the money to a foreign country and waiting for the tools to arrive - the last GB was $10,000 and IDK if PayPal (he can invoice you thru PP) would stand by you if there was a dispute. And the International tracking sucks, we had 2/3 of the tools lost for 3 weeks. USPS didn't give a rat's ass and then they just finally showed up. IDK what would have happened if the tools were lost...

anyway, I'll be following the thread, LMK if you have any questions and I'll help as much as I can - Good Luck!
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #877
Denase
Denase

Oddometer: 28
I'm in

EvanADV if you decide to take this on, I will buy one.

Thanks

Robert Haines
Denase
Denase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #878
jdunay
time travler

Oddometer: 27
Wicked

used my new tool for the first time. mounted a new 606 on a drz.worked liked a champ.thanks again pmrhttp:
Old 05-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #879
Delta61
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Tire Tool

I bought 1 tool and adapters on the last group buy. I now have orders for "SIX" more on the next group buy. I used the tool this last weekend and put two sets of Heidenau K60's on an 1150GS and 1200 GSA. So far everyone that has seen me use it wants one. Its definately in the bags for my Alaska trip next month

10 1200 GSA
07 X Challenge
04 1150 GS(SOLD)
Delta61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #880
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing View Post
sounds good, Are is the owner of the company and they are located in Estonia. His website is http://kauritmoto.com/ and his email is arekaurit@hotmail.com. Regular price for the tyre tool is 99 E plus shipping. 99 E is about 127 USD (right now). IIRC he was giving a 25% discount for orders of 20+ tools, adapters and optional pushers are extra (you can find the prices in the thread). The trick is to order the right number of tools and adapters to optimize the shipping, he gets about 25 tools with various adapters in each package. Both times I bought extra tools to "fill out" the order and they were all sold before the shipment ever got here.

the rest is up to you. I didn't add a "service charge." What people paid is what it cost, although many inmates were very generous with "tips" - just be sure to ship their's first LOL. I have a UPS account but I found it cheaper to ship USPS Flat Rate, a medium FR box is just under $12 and comes with tracking info and email notifications. You can easily fit 2 tools and adapters in 1 FR box, in fact I got 3 in 1 box by not shipping 1 of Are's boxes (I took the tool out and got rid of the box it came in). I was nervous but the USPS came thru and every box got delivered. If you include inmates from Canada you will need to use USPS for them. I had inmates pay me thru PP or by check. I got in a pissing contest with PP because they noticed all the cash going thru my account as "gifts." I got a phone call from PP and had a long discussion with the guy. My point was that I was just being "reimbursed" for the items, and that Are had already paid the PP fees and had included them in his invoice. In my mind it was no different than "gifting" somebody who paid for your dinner or theater ticket the nite before.

hard part is keeping ADV screen names, real names, emails, orders and payments straight. and people will change their order part way thru. No biggie if you keep good records. You need a "cut-off" date (or number of tools) although most people that wanted one after the deadline were able to get one. and then the "nail biting part" is sending the money to a foreign country and waiting for the tools to arrive - the last GB was $10,000 and IDK if PayPal (he can invoice you thru PP) would stand by you if there was a dispute. And the International tracking sucks, we had 2/3 of the tools lost for 3 weeks. USPS didn't give a rat's ass and then they just finally showed up. IDK what would have happened if the tools were lost...

anyway, I'll be following the thread, LMK if you have any questions and I'll help as much as I can - Good Luck!
Alright, cool. I think I can handle that. Happy to help out some great ADVers. Will definitely be hitting you up for advice, but in the meantime, I went ahead and started a thread in Vendors so we can efficiently organize the buy and get the word out to as many people as possible.

Anybody interested in group buy #3, go here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=21517807

Sounds like we need at least 25 tools ordered to do a buy.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #881
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Group Buy Round 3 update...

We've already got plenty enough interest for a third buy at the 25% discount level for the tools.

For those of you who might be interested in the stands... we need to order at least 10 to get a 20% discount. Are has agreed to send the stands out individually to each buyer and honor the discount, so shipping won't be as cost prohibitive as using me as a middle man. We're currently at a 10% discount with 5 interested buyers.

We're also looking to send a set of tools to Canada to be distributed inside Canada to eliminate the extra international fees coming from the US.

Deadline to signup is

June 30, 2013
Old 06-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #882
dean-o
Dabs often

Oddometer: 845
Just used mine the other day...

Really good tool purchase !
Dean
dean-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #883
Delta61
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Tool use on 1200 GSA's

As i previously posted i said i was working on a way to use this on my 2010 GSA. This is what i came up with and it works great. For the front wheel i got a 6 inch piece of 3/4 inch inside diameter PVC and ground it down on the grinder to fit inside of a 6 inch long 1 inch inside diameter piece of PVC. I then added a coupler to the top of the 1 inch ID pvc then ground that down below the coupler to fit the front wheel.Looks like this

For the rear wheel i took the small(15MM) adapter and had it turned down to fit the inside of the rear wheel adapter of my Marc Parnes tire balancer

This works great for me and hope this helps those of you that have GS and GSA's

Jim

10 1200 GSA
07 X Challenge
04 1150 GS(SOLD)
Delta61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #884
Darkside500
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
For those of you who might be interested in the stands... we need to order at least 10 to get a 20% discount
I'm in for a stand. already have the tool.
Darkside500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #885
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside500 View Post
I'm in for a stand. already have the tool.
Okay, check over in the group but thread linked above and let me know if you want the "beginner" or "pro" stand. One has a single locking pusher and the other has four.