User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
adammtb OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Adventure Medical Training - Wilderness First Aid

Hello gang. It's high time I introduced myself and my latest adventure. .

Adventure Medical Training is a small wilderness medicine company geared towards adv folks, riders, desert racers...basically anyone who plays, works or travels in the outdoors with engine/motor driven vehicles. We teach National Outdoor Leadership School Wilderness Medicine Institute curriculum (real first aid, not nuts and berry stuff) with a twist. Here's a link to the website:

www.advmedicaltraining.com

I'm offering a standard $25 discount to any adv member who wants to take a course. Just pm me and I'll send you a discount code.

My short bio is:Wilderness First Responder (WFR) since 1998, EMT off and on since 2000 (currently on), 15 year career in Outdoor education as a trip leader and program manager, 12 of that full-time with Outward Bound (7 of those years full-time as a field instructor leading rock climbing, backpacking, mtb biking, sea kayaking, whitewater canoeing, costal canoeing and other trips...over 1000 days on the ground with them) 2 year stint as structural firefighter, been riding motos since 2004ish (mostly street but some off-hwy stuff) and have had various levels of wilderness search and rescue, high angle and whitewater rescue training. I've seen about everything I teach either in the wilderness or the urban environment.

adammtb screwed with this post 07-13-2014 at 11:41 PM
adammtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
blaster11
Living the dream!

Oddometer: 6,292
The wife and I took a wilderness first aid class earlier this year and I wish I had done this years ago. What prompted us to take a class was that last year we had one of the riders in our group crash and although things went really well it could have gone quite differently, we realized that we needed more training! We now carry a useful first aid kit and know how to better utilize it.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 7,426
I've been searching for a class in the midwest, and havn't been able to find one . . . . . . .

best of luck with your efforts, and well done for offering this!
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote