Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #1981
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBlackIrish View Post
I really like that idea! I am interested in trying to help in any way I can to come up with something.

****EDIT**** Does the plate mount to the tree or to the bar? Looks like the bar in the pic. Mine won't show until tomorrow so I can't get a better idea what type of room there will be after all the controls go on. I'll measure and mark with tape. Then post pics so folks can give input.

Mine will run from the fork mounted handguard mount to the other handguard mount. It will add strength and support, besides make a good farkle mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBlackIrish View Post
I am guessing he is just one of those people that likes to complain. I have certainly seen a number of posts giving information on how to achieve this set up purchase. Yet I keep hearing complaining. Don't worry, I'm sure if you wait long enough the government wll develope a program for you and take on the responsibility.

It almost seemed more like a mood check.... There was some humor hidden in his post.... The vender crack was a test I'd guess. He'll fit right in around here with some time.

Until then hopefully he'll figure out how to quote a post...

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #1982
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post

It almost seemed more like a mood check.... There was some humor hidden in his post.... The vender crack was a test I'd guess. He'll fit right in around here with some time.

Until then hopefully he'll figure out how to quote a post...

No mood check or test intended, Glad you picked up on the hidden humor unlike others on here. It was just a simple post complimenting your overall achievements with the bars and guards..I really like the overall appearance and hope to achieve a similar result with bars more suited for me (and this is just my opinion)

Gotta love the internet critic's,hopefully I may fit in here someday as getting shit on for everything we post seems to be normal around here.... I'm done complaining... BTW...Is this a better quote? I'm slowly learning...
Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #1983
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob80 View Post
No mood check or test intended, Glad you picked up on the hidden humor unlike others on here. It was just a simple post complimenting your overall achievements with the bars and guards..I really like the overall appearance and hope to achieve a similar result with bars more suited for me (and this is just my opinion)

Gotta love the internet critic's,hopefully I may fit in here someday as getting shit on for everything we post seems to be normal around here.... I'm done complaining... BTW...Is this a better quote? I'm slowly learning...

The mood check was to see if my sense of humor was working I thought...

Nice job on the quote. A few back spaces would make the empty spaces go away... Or was that a few more meds????

BTW I have a extra pair with the CR Hi bend just sitting here...

I like the taller/flatter bars since I'm part caveman... Most vertically challanged people with normal length arms like the CR Hi bar I've noticed....

MentalGuru screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 12:36 PM
Old 01-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #1984
JEFK
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hello everyone,

I present myself, I live in the south from France in Marseilles and I discovered your forum by chance by searching information on Honda CRF 250L.
I have a motorcycle Guzzi Stelvio 1200 which I especially use for the great ballades in duet, and the travel.
For my daily displacements, I had a Honda XR 125, which I wanted to replace by a motorcycle a little more powerful but always very light.

I thus bought a Honda CRF 250 L in the month of last October.
Small motorcycles 250 are very rare in France, or one sees either of the large motorcycles, or of the 125 and the scooters (of which I have horror), but not 250.
It was the first CRF 250 L which my dealer sended, and it did not have any accessory available by Honda France.

Needing a small top case for the every day, I bought a luggage rack in Thailand on the site bikerzbits.com.
The delivery was very fast and the easy installation, and I fixed above a small support with a top case removable of 30 liters.

I have then to decide to replace the exhaust of origin of which I appreciated neither esthetics nor the noise.
Initially, I thought of buying an exhaust in Thailand at Bikerbitz.com, but I could not know the noise level in decibel of the model suggested, and not wanting to have problems with the police, I preferred to seek another model.

I have finally to buy a line of exhaust supplements Moriwaki. After having been in contact directly with the export service of Moriwaki Japan, I ordered this exhaust on the Japanese site japan.webike.net.
In less than one week I received my exhaust in France. The Moriwaki line is of very beautiful quality.
The installation was very easy, and the noise is very pleasant without being too strong.

Now my CRF 250 L add up 1800 kilometers, and I of it am very happy.

Compared to my Moto Guzzi 1200 Stelvio which weighs more than 250 kilos, the CRF 250 L, is a true ultra light bicycle, and its power is largely sufficient to roll quietly on the small roads, where one finds pleasures which one does not have with a motorcycle of big motor.

I go from time to time on forest roads, but in my area, they almost all are alas prohibited with the motorcycles, and when I see the photographs and videos of your ballades that makes me dream.

I am not very gifted in English, and I make use of a translator online to write this message to you.

You will thus excuse my bad English orthography.

Thank you very much for your forum, which is a mine of information on the CRF 250L, considering in France this motorcycle is very little marketed, and it is really damage because this small 250 merit really to be known.
It is a motorcycle which makes it possible its to really give pleasure, while being very economic with use.

Here some photographs of my Moto Guzzi Stelvio, which is excellent a motorcycle with the engine full with character, and my Honda CRF 250 L.

JEFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #1985
Bob80
Adventurer

Quote:
The mood check was to see if my sense of humor was working I thought...

Nice job on the quote. A few back spaces would make the empty spaces go away... Or was that a few more meds????

BTW I have a extra pair with the CR Hi bend just sitting here...

I like the taller/flatter bars since I'm part caveman... Most vertically challanged people with normal length arms like the CR Hi bar I've noticed....

Ok, maybe it was..Glad your sense of humor was working, and you didn't give me a beatdown...As some people do deserve

Thanks, cool and meds are fine...I wish my computer/ grammer skills were better, but they ain't..... I am learning though, never to late

CR hi, eh?....I'll have to research these a bit more, are yours 1-1/8? ...I'm basically looking for something slightly higher, but similar to stock...CR low maybe?...being somewhat of a noob to this whole DS world, I may be better off actually seeing the bars in real life as I'm not familiar with all the different bends and profiles.Are all the manufacturers bends profiles basically the same? Ex.- Are Rental CR hi's very similar to Pro taper CR hi's?

The reason I ask is because there really isn't many shops in my immediate area that carry Motocross/Dual Sport accessories (pretty small time here) to find what I like, I can keep an eye out on the net for a deal or order in what I want when I find it.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #1986
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Quote:
Ok, maybe it was..Glad your sense of humor was working, and you didn't give me a beatdown...As some people do deserve.
I'm normally pretty nice, just slightly twisted...

Quote:
Thanks, cool and meds are fine...I wish my computer/ grammer skills were better, but they ain't..... I am learning though, never to late.
When you figure out the forum it's easy... Having all day to proof read previews helps...

Quote:
CR hi, eh?....I'll have to research these a bit more, are yours 1-1/8? ...I'm basically looking for something slightly higher, but similar to stock...CR low maybe?...being somewhat of a noob to this whole DS world, I may be better off actually seeing the bars in real life as I'm not familiar with all the different bends and profiles.Are all the manufacturers bends profiles basically the same? Ex.- Are Rental CR hi's very similar to Pro taper CR hi's?
Your stock bars are close to CR Low bars. To me the angle is the most important part. I have wide shoulders and long arms so a bar with less pullback feels much better and is easier on my wrists.

The freestyle bend just arrived and it's my favorite... So much for the salesman that told me not to buy them...

Quote:
The reason I ask is because there really isn't many shops in my immediate area that carry Motocross/Dual Sport accessories (pretty small time here) to find what I like, I can keep an eye out on the net for a deal or order in what I want when I find it.
Why do you think I ordered 3 different bends. It's all about the feel.

Check out this link. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...823409&page=20

Get 1 1/8" bars or larger. The 7/8" bars bend too easy.

If money wasn't an issue I would have ordered a complete 1 1/8" set-up from Highway Dirt Bikes.

MentalGuru screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 04:56 PM
Old 01-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #1987
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #1988
Bob80
Adventurer

Quote:
Why do you think I ordered 3 different bends. It's all about the feel.

Check out this link. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...823409&page=20

Get 1 1/8" bars or larger. The 7/8" bars bend too easy.

If money wasn't an issue I would have ordered a complete 1 1/8" set-up from Highway Dirt Bikes.

Thanks...followed your above link and it took me to pg.20 on this thread. Mostly talking about skid plates? am I missing something?...
Old 01-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #1989
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,328
Who has a CRF250X/R or CRF450X/R in their garage and is willing to take some measurements? I gots a plan!

PM me.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #1990
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Quote:
Thanks...followed your above link and it took me to pg.20 on this thread. Mostly talking about skid plates? am I missing something?...

Maybe...................................... your sense of humor???

Try this... http://www.eastonexp.com/faq/ and this http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...ref=handguards

Old 01-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #1991
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Sears Craftsman Professional M/C Jack

Some of you are probably ahead of me and this won't be news to you, but for some new riders looking for a way to lift their bikes to do maintenance and clean, here is what I came up with. It's a Sears Craftsman Professional 1500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV jack. I ordered it from Sears.com and it had free shipping which is a substantial savings on a jack that weighs 42 lbs. It seems to be well built and works great so far.

Link- http://www.sears.com/craftsman-profe...2&blockType=G2

Picture with the 250L raised and the handle still in the jack...you can even roll the bike around while on the jack on a smooth concrete floor...

Another angle with the quick release handle removed...

You can run it in from either side with the kickstand up depending on which side of the bike you want to work on. The bike is pretty stable on it but if you need it steadier, the jack comes with two ratchet straps to put over the seat area to secure it better. All in all, I thinks it's fantastic and highly recommend it.

Here is a link to a good Youtube video I found and watched before I ordered mine.

Link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP16Ds0AdYY
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #1992
Telemarktumalo
Coffee Achiever

Oddometer: 272
Question about grip/control changes

I picked up the 1 3/8" Easton EXP bar and bar clamps from Motosport.Com (thanks for the link). I've heard some folks taking this time to fit some nice hand guards and changing the stock grips. Any advice on the grips? I don't have enough experience with off-road bikes to know if the OEM grips are worth changing. I'm considering the handguards from Highway Dirt Bikes. Should I wait and do the complete installation after the handguards arrive, or go ahead and put the new bar on now? Thanks.

Telemarktumalo screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 07:20 AM Reason: measurement error
Telemarktumalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #1993
13Moose-man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
Some of you are probably ahead of me and this won't be news to you, but for some new riders looking for a way to lift their bikes to do maintenance and clean, here is what I came up with. It's a Sears Craftsman Professional 1500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV jack. I ordered it from Sears.com and it had free shipping which is a substantial savings on a jack that weighs 42 lbs. It seems to be well built and works great so far.

Link- http://www.sears.com/craftsman-profe...2&blockType=G2

Picture with the 250L raised and the handle still in the jack...you can even roll the bike around while on the jack on a smooth concrete floor...

Another angle with the quick release handle removed...

You can run it in from either side with the kickstand up depending on which side of the bike you want to work on. The bike is pretty stable on it but if you need it steadier, the jack comes with two ratchet straps to put over the seat area to secure it better. All in all, I thinks it's fantastic and highly recommend it.

Here is a link to a good Youtube video I found and watched before I ordered mine.

Link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP16Ds0AdYY
They are very nice. I have had mine now for 5 years. Its great to be able to roll it around with the bike on it.
13Moose-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #1994
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemarktumalo View Post
I picked up the 1 1/8" Easton EXP bar and bar clamps from Motosport.Com (thanks for the link). I've heard some folks taking this time to fit some nice hand guards and changing the stock grips. Any advice on the grips? I don't have enough experience with off-road bikes to know if the OEM grips are worth changing. I'm considering the handguards from Highway Dirt Bikes. Should I wait and do the complete installation after the handguards arrive, or go ahead and put the new bar on now? Thanks.

Are you sure you don't mean 1 3/8" EXP bars????

Grip choice is kinda personal preference. I like Answer pillow top grips with some grip dounts myself.

Put the bars on and check it out I would probably buy HWY DB guards if they will sell them without the mounts(not sure about fitment). If not use some Cryca handguard and front mounts.

http://store.cycraracing.com/cypralha.html

Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #1995
dubtruker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Just seen a poor quality picture of a brochure from a Thai Dealer network upcoming model meeting. Shows the new CRF250m. They are kind of blacked out with either red trim or full black. Gold wheels and large front brake. Wouldn't you know it after only owning my new white CRF250l for two weeks as my Thai vacation bike. Ahh well I like the white better then all black anyways, maybe this will just give me a cheap source of wheels and front brake for next years trip.
Here in Thailand I bought mine otd with regi and 2 years full insurance for about $4500. Did a couple weeks hard riding and just did the first service and also asked them to adjust my rear spring, total cost $4 cdn. At the same time they offered to store the bike for the next year for free I just need to pay for full service when I pick it back up for next years trip.

dubtruker screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 10:42 PM
dubtruker is offline   Reply With Quote