Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #2131
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemarktumalo View Post
I've found two options for mounting handguards on the Easton EXP 1 3/8" bars.

http://cruxstudio.com/portfolio/east...ard-mounts.php

http://www.birdsofpreymotorsports.co...uard+Mount.htm
Yeah talked to the owner of crux those mounts are no longer available anywhere
EEKAMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #2132
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
Thanks. I found it at Wheelingcycle (great store) but it's too expensive for what it is.

Here are a few pictures of the skid plate. I bumped (intentionally) a few rocks to see how it holds up and it seems very sturdy.
http://imgur.com/a/KByeP

Yeah, look at the cycra ones for about half and they are the same thing hahahaha

Quote:
I've found two options for mounting handguards on the Easton EXP 1 3/8" bars.

http://cruxstudio.com/portfolio/east...ard-mounts.php

http://www.birdsofpreymotorsports.co...uard+Mount.htm

Thanks, good find on the bar mount ones. I couldn't find them anywhere before.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #2133
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBlackIrish View Post
Yeah, look at the cycra ones for about half and they are the same thing hahahaha

Thanks, good find on the bar mount ones. I couldn't find them anywhere before.
You can't get the EXP mounts either. I called the shop. Discontinued.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #2134
JRaye89
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by itrack View Post
in case anyone is looking for a budget boost in performance, I ordered the big gun eco slip on for 185 shipped, ejk tuner for 213 shipped, and a 13t sprocket for 15 shipped. For just a touch over 400 I'm expecting 95% of the gains.
Can you please post a link to where you bought all your performance upgrades from. Thanks
JRaye89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #2135
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregitt View Post
I thought I mentioned, I burned a hole in my jeans the first day! I was able to take off the old Heat Shield and use it by making a bracket out of steel similar to the existing one

Thanks for that trick, Gregitt !
I did the same, but before burning my pants

L
Old 01-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #2136
Telemarktumalo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
More on Easton EXP 1 3/8" bars and possible hand guard mounts

This is from the Easton website. Obviously, they have thought about the difficulties fitting other aftermarket items to their fat bars.

Since Easton’s EXP bar center and clamps are 35mm and have a unique taper profile, many current hand guard clamps won’t yet attach as is. Just like many of you, several of us here ride with full hand guards, flag guards, stabilizers, trip computers etc… we are working to address accessory compatibility. Please check back here to our site at the end of January for updates regarding solutions for clamp-based accessories. Flags: To our knowledge, all popular models work with our bars. Full Hand Guards: After evaluating the current solutions available we can only recommend full hand guards that attach at the bar clamp or triple clamp. Several popular options of these solutions exist. Stabilizers: We’ve begun to work with all the popular stabilizer makers to ensure we’ll have several solutions available this year. Check here for updates on specifics or contact our customer service team to find out the latest on a favorite model you’re attempting to use. We’ll provide the latest recommendations. Trip computers: Two bolt clamp mounts and most bar clamps won’t fit our EXP system yet. We’re investigating solutions now, so again check in with us for the latest. For the enterprising among you please check out our technology overview pages.
Telemarktumalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #2137
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
I would like to have a 4.50x18 on the rear and not the 4.00x18 that comes with the bike, say a Dunlop 606 or something that has knobbies and is DOT rated. Will a 4.50 have any rubbing problems, or any other problems that I need to know about. Thanks.

John
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #2138
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,092
I don't know all about that metric stuff, but we're running a D606 rear in the standard 120/90/18 size with no issues and great all around performance.

And as for those EXP bars, while I fully understand wanting to be different, in this case why go outside the norm (well proven Pro-Taper or Renthal bars) with plenty of options for stuff you need like guards, GPS mounts, dampers, etc?....
No need to reinvent the wheel and make life difficult, but that's just my opinion.

The LRP has been performing beautifully while undergoing a proper Adventure Traveler Ride to kick off 2013.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #2139
JapanLemon
-

Oddometer: 10
LostRider, I'm envious of the places you can ride, nothing like that over here! Very nice pictures though

I recently got the AXP skidplate and the FMF Q4 slip-on for my CRF... sounds faster now, but no idea if she really is

JapanLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #2140
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
This is from the Easton website. Obviously, they have thought about the difficulties fitting other aftermarket items to their fat bars.

Since Easton’s EXP bar center and clamps are 35mm and have a unique taper profile, many current hand guard clamps won’t yet attach as is. Just like many of you, several of us here ride with full hand guards, flag guards, stabilizers, trip computers etc… we are working to address accessory compatibility. Please check back here to our site at the end of January for updates regarding solutions for clamp-based accessories. Flags: To our knowledge, all popular models work with our bars. Full Hand Guards: After evaluating the current solutions available we can only recommend full hand guards that attach at the bar clamp or triple clamp. Several popular options of these solutions exist. Stabilizers: We’ve begun to work with all the popular stabilizer makers to ensure we’ll have several solutions available this year. Check here for updates on specifics or contact our customer service team to find out the latest on a favorite model you’re attempting to use. We’ll provide the latest recommendations. Trip computers: Two bolt clamp mounts and most bar clamps won’t fit our EXP system yet. We’re investigating solutions now, so again check in with us for the latest. For the enterprising among you please check out our technology overview pages.
This was from years ago they have since come out with options and discontinued them all as the bars themselves are discontinued too. Your options are triple tree mounts or custom fab!
EEKAMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #2141
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
I would like to have a 4.50x18 on the rear and not the 4.00x18 that comes with the bike, say a Dunlop 606 or something that has knobbies and is DOT rated. Will a 4.50 have any rubbing problems, or any other problems that I need to know about. Thanks.

John
I've been running a Maxxis IT (Intermediate Terrain) 110/100X18 which is 4.33" wide. The 120/90X18 that Lost is running is 4.72" wide. IMO that's as wide as you could go. I thought the Maxxis I was running was at the limit but apparently not.

What a great all around bike!

Dave
Old 01-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #2142
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I don't know all about that metric stuff, but we're running a D606 rear in the standard 120/90/18 size with no issues and great all around performance.

And as for those EXP bars, while I fully understand wanting to be different, in this case why go outside the norm (well proven Pro-Taper or Renthal bars) with plenty of options for stuff you need like guards, GPS mounts, dampers, etc?....
No need to reinvent the wheel and make life difficult, but that's just my opinion.

The LRP has been performing beautifully while undergoing a proper Adventure Traveler Ride to kick off 2013.

Great photos again Lost! Nancy looks very happy on her LRP and I bet she's getting good at ridin' it too.

What's the name of that pass in the bottom photo? I'm assuming Death Valley?

Good Ridin' !!

Dave

P.S. I totally agree with your comments on the EXP bars !
Old 01-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #2143
toddol1971
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
ya know its a shame a good product like easton bars get discontinued. It seems that they shot themselves in the foot by putting the bars out before the accessories. They should have offered 7\8, 1 1/8 and 1 3/8 at the same time along with everything needed to install all the aftermarket kit. I think they were on to something good.

Lost, I dont live with your wife so I dont know how she is 24/7 but she seems like a great woman to be married to. She seems like a lot of fun. Its nice to see her always smiling even when she falls. She's cute too. I've been trying to get my wife to be more like her. My wife is great but not much into going outdoors, well except for a cig YUCK. She's starting to come around a little bit. I'll keep praying.

Nice pics and posts to everyone.

Hey Lemon, Cant you ride any of those mountains? Let me guess, restricted forest land! Do you guys speak english more than your native language, cause your english is good on here. Just wondering how your culture is, no disrespect

If I can get my Grizzly 700 sold I'll be back on a bike again. I rode the wrr & xt250. I liked the xt better. It turned lock to lock better and had better off idle smoothness. I also love the dr650 and husa 570 old 10/11 etc. The price on the 570 is rough for me though. I'll be buying used though. What do you think Lost? 570 or 650 bike for the dollar? I'm a slow tech rider until gravel then and I'm 5'8" 30 190. I have always loved low big bikes if that makes sense? For example take a dr650 lower it as much as possible then hit it hard. I dont jump high. Every bike I get I lower it. Its more fun to me. Lower center of gravity. I can get around pretty good. I always felt ungainly on a tall bike. Not that I havent ridden them that way. Plenty of stock smokers in my day. I just grew up riding 70's enduros/moto bikes like the dt's and elsinor's etc and I've never lost that love of the way those old bikes feel. Lowering the bike isnt an issue so I just want the best bang for the buck. But man I love that 570. Only thing is, is I love riding a underpowered bike too. Hell I had a blast riding the boys 80 around like a mad man. I mean it, that thing was funner than 2 20's on redbull?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #2144
toddol1971
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
you can tell I post alot huh.
I just like reading. I'll try to post more.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:56 AM   #2145
JapanLemon
-

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddol1971 View Post

Hey Lemon, Cant you ride any of those mountains? Let me guess, restricted forest land! Do you guys speak english more than your native language, cause your english is good on here. Just wondering how your culture is, no disrespect
Can't go cross country, if you mean that. First, yes, it's a national park, and second, you'd most likely need a trial bike. It's way too steep and there are way too many big rocks, it's volcanic area after all. It might look nice and smooth on pictures, but when you get closer you see it's not smooth at all. The mountain roads are nice though, very twisty. I like heading up the old, narrow roads with the CRF, and the new, wide and sweeping ones with my CBR.

At work we speak Japanese most of the time, which actually isn't my native language. Neither is English though

Here is one of those old, twisty roads:
JapanLemon is offline   Reply With Quote