Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #2521
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Rick installed an Ohlins spring on the custom shock.

Stock rate (measured by CD): 525
New rate: 600
If you have time, please do post some photographs of your custom, Cogent Dynamics shock absorber.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #2522
Avi8tor
ADV Poser

Oddometer: 211

Here are a few pics I took of it
Avi8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #2523
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithy View Post
Here are a few pics I took of it
That is a nice radiator guard! Thanks for taking the time to post the great phototgraphs. Is the rear mount a little misplaced? Here's a photograph of the radiator guard with the plastic installed.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 04:36 PM
Old 01-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #2524
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Awesome job putting all the racks in one post- I believe the borrego with side racks is called the denali? Could be wrong.

Either way, any input on top and side racks versus just a top rack?

Also, has anyone done long distance highway? I want to know if its doable on this bike. Dont care about performance- just whether or not the bike can handle running at 60-65 MPH all day!
NesquikNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #2525
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesquikNinja View Post
Awesome job putting all the racks in one post- I believe the borrego with side racks is called the denali? Could be wrong...
You're welcome. The Sequoia and Denail racks from TCI incorporate side racks with the basic, Borrego rack, for an additional cost.

https://tciproductsusa.com/index.php...roducts_id=778
https://tciproductsusa.com/index.php...roducts_id=779

The "unitized," Outback luggage rack is also available from TCI.

https://tciproductsusa.com/index.php...roducts_id=780

However, I would be reluctant to put a lot of weight on the rear of the CRF250L. Handling and performance will be adversely affected by heavy loads on the rear of this small motorcycle. Also, the bike's subframe is not designed to be a pack mule, and will probably fracture with excessive loading. I think the Giant Loop bags offer a better alternative to carrying heavy loads while touring on the CRF250L.

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/

Spud

Spud Rider screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 03:59 PM
Old 01-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #2526
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by NesquikNinja View Post
Also, has anyone done long distance highway? I want to know if its doable on this bike. Dont care about performance- just whether or not the bike can handle running at 60-65 MPH all day!

A guy rode his cbr250 from florida to Alaska on an Iron Butt ride, I'd imgine the LRP could do the same if the rider was up to it.

Here my rack!

The Flatland rack form srmoto.com workd great for us. Lightweight, minimal design with lots of tie off points. It's proven to be very useful for hauling gas and camping gear.

With the Flatland directions and included parts to get the fender drilling done right the install was so easy a caveman could do it. Pretty much foolproof.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #2527
soupbill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
http://www.manracks.com/#!honda-crf250l/cjhw
That top picture would be my bike & rack from manracks. I like it & Mike was great. He followed up to check fitment,as I think it may have been one of his early runs and if I had known he was going to put it on his web site I would have washed it. anyway he sent me some tie down mounts for sending the picture they are very nice also. I would recommend both.
soupbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #2528
Avi8tor
ADV Poser

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
That is a nice radiator guard! Thanks for taking the time to post the great phototgraphs. Is the rear mount a little misplaced? Here's a photograph of the radiator guard with the plastic installed.

Spud
If you mean is the rear mounting hole of the guard shifted toward the rear of the bike because the bolt is not holding it in place, then yes. However, just slightly...maybe an 1/8" to 3/16" at the most. I think it's mostly due to the perspective/limitations of the phone camera.
Avi8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #2529
Weevrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
I believe that Cycleracks makes a rear rack for the LRP as well. I had one on my TW200 and loved it. It mounted a little differently with some supports at or near the passenger foot rests.

This a wonderful thread, lots to learn from and I hopefully I will pick up one of these bikes in the spring. I loved my TW200 but found it alittle too small for my size.
Weevrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #2530
CRFSoCal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Can someone tell me how to adjust the idle on the bike? Thank you
CRFSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #2531
Lost Rider
Roadie

I've not done it on the LRP, but it seems you should be able to adjust the idle with this set screw.

LostRider.com
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #2532
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

I've been doing some research on radiator guards for the CRF250L. These are the guards I found. If I missed any, please let me know.

Emperor Racing manufactures a two-piece radiator guard with an aluminum rod brace in front.

http://shopusa.emperorracing.com/p/radiator-guard-5

Here are some photographs of the Emperor Racing radiator guard installed on the CRF250L.

Flatland Racing manufactures a one-piece radiator guard for the CRF250L.

http://www.flatlandracing.com/Mercha...uct_Code=12-49

Here are a few photograph of the Flatland Racing radiator guard installed by forum member JSmithy.

Spud
Old 01-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #2533
Lost Rider
Roadie

Spud, you're on to something good, this thread with it's daily 50+ posts is just too big for it's own good. Lots of repeat questions when the answers are all here LOST in the fast moving thread. I had to unsubscribe because of all the emails...

You would probably do us all a good service and be a popular guy if you took what you've already complied and started a CRF250L accessory thread.
It's time we fragment LRP talk and make it easier for everyone to find what they are looking for.
For the folks into performance upgrades a similar thread would be good too.

Let the general ownership stuff stay here, get an add on thread going. But please don't call them farkles, those go on a BMW and it's such a stupid word.

I've been thinking about starting a LRP traveler thread dedicated to packing, and preparing you bike for camping or traveling like my Husaberg ADV traveler thread.... once we get a little more experience and have more content I will do so.

Nice work Spud.

LostRider.com
Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #2534
CRFSoCal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Ok so I bought a fmf power core 4 slip on. No header yet. But it seems i am missing a gasket that goes where the muffler connects to the stock header? am i supposed to have one? If not what kind of gasket sealant can i use to make one? It is a little loose. Thank you.
CRFSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #2535
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Spud, you're on to something good, this thread with it's daily 50+ posts is just too big for it's own good. Lots of repeat questions when the answers are all here LOST in the fast moving thread. I had to unsubscribe because of all the emails...

You would probably do us all a good service and be a popular guy if you took what you've already complied and started a CRF250L accessory thread.
It's time we fragment LRP talk and make it easier for everyone to find what they are looking for.
For the folks into performance upgrades a similar thread would be good too.

Let the general ownership stuff stay here, get an add on thread going. But please don't call them farkles, those go on a BMW and it's such a stupid word.

I've been thinking about starting a LRP traveler thread dedicated to packing, and preparing you bike for camping or traveling like my Husaberg ADV traveler thread.... once we get a little more experience and have more content I will do so.

Nice work Spud.
I think Spud is about to "join the club", I can see it coming. I agree, much to learn from this thread. I went from the start, lurking, when there were only 11 pages or something, then felt I could post as an owner, after I had my deposit down. I guess most people don't have time to go through the whole thing. Some of us gravitate over to the minimalist thread, that one will probably get to page 400 any time now. Been away from the dirt for a while myself, so a lot of this was new to me. Like how someone could get 45K miles on a bike I'd never even heard of before. I guess it's in your blood, passed it down to my daughter, she's hooked. Not with a CRF, though.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf

SAPB screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 03:35 AM
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote