Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:50 AM   #2536
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFSoCal View Post
Can someone tell me how to adjust the idle on the bike? Thank you
According to the Honda service manual, there's no need for any adjustment.

- Idle speed should be at 1450 rpm

- If not, you must check MIL, SAS, spark plug, crankcase breather, air cleaner, throttle operation, intake air leaks.

- If still not, check IACV, then (if necessary) reset it, after clearing DTC and resetting TP sensor beforehand

Good luck !

L
Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #2537
Vspec
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Handguards on stock handlebars

There has been numerous discussion about aftermarket handlebars, except may be the HDB ones (which are overkill and over budget for me).

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of handguards mounted to the stock bar?

I was tempted by the Acerbis Supermoto X-Strong or the Rally III but after a quick look, I wonder if they would fit.

Looks like any kind of handguards on a stock bar will all controls in their stock location would need a fork clamp mount.
Vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:12 AM   #2538
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I've been thinking about starting a LRP traveler thread dedicated to packing, and preparing you bike for camping or traveling like my Husaberg ADV traveler thread.... once we get a little more experience and have more content I will do so.
How about a thread on whether this would be a good first dual sport that's what I'm looking for
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #2539
JapanLemon
-

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
I've been doing some research on the luggage racks currently available for the CRF250L. Here are the racks I have been able to find. If I missed any racks, please let me know.
[...]
I use a rack that I haven't seen listed in your post:

My bike is currently wrapped up because of rain and it's dark and cold outside, so I don't want to go outside and check, but from what I saw on the web it should be the one made by Kijima, and I believe it's in the official Honda customization catalogue.

They also sell a "Rallye 591", a Hepco and Becker luggage rack and one made by "Alpha Three" over here:
JapanLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #2540
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vspec View Post
There has been numerous discussion about aftermarket handlebars, except may be the HDB ones (which are overkill and over budget for me).

I was tempted by the Acerbis Supermoto X-Strong or the Rally III but after a quick look, I wonder if they would fit.

Looks like any kind of handguards on a stock bar will all controls in their stock location would need a fork clamp mount.
I've got stock bars, and went with the Cycra guards, I think from Amazon. They went on alright. You have to mount them loose, and then wiggle them around. I scratched up my bars a little doing this, but hey, pretty soon, there's going to be a lot more. You have to cut the left grip end off with a knife, and the right side, use a hacksaw or something to cut the plastic end off. It needs to be cut so that there's enough of the metal bar end showing or the throttle tube/grip will rub against the guard. I know, because, it did rub, and I had to cut more off, way easier to get at before the guard is there. I also had to trim some of the plastic of the right side, to allow the throttle cables to go through. I hadn't done these before, but if you just take your time, I'm thinking maybe 45-60 minutes. It's the sort of thing where if you do another set right after to another bike, you could do it in half the time. I only went with Amazon because I had gift cards. I think they were around $100.54. CRFs only has them too, maybe you can shop around. They don't clamp to the fork, it's to the bars, real tight but not touching the tops of the forks. I think Amazon, but came from Powersport Superstore. Cycra Probend CRM.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf

SAPB screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 07:10 AM
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #2541
JapanLemon
-

Oddometer: 10
For those interested in racks sold over here, here is actually a blog post with pictures and retail prices (though I found some of the racks for less with a quick search): http://clarinetvilla.blog112.fc2.com...entry-239.html

From top to bottom:

Kijima 13,650 Yen
Rally 591 13,440 Yen
Alpha Three Type A 19,950 Yen
Alpha Three Type S 13,650 Yen
Thai Honda 8,400 Yen
Riding Spot 10,290 Yen
Hepco & Becker 17,450 Yen

Apparently, the Rally 591 and Alpha Three Type A are made out of aluminium.
JapanLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #2542
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,548
For $379 MSRP, you can now buy a Corbin seat for a 2013 CRF250L black with red thread

just saw a press release on Cycle World website

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/01/23...rf250l-saddle/

siyeh screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 08:30 AM Reason: link
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #2543
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
How about a thread on whether this would be a good first dual sport that's what I'm looking for

Yes it would be a good first DS for you Jim, or just about anyone that wants to get off more traveled roads.

You should come out here for a fly and test ride.... bring beer.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #2544
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
If you have time, please do post some photographs of your custom, Cogent Dynamics shock absorber.

Spud
I will... might take a few days, however.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #2545
AZDavis
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Cool2 stock bar and "value" handguards pic to follow

Quote:

I've got them fitted up, $45 special from Cyclegear, cheaper to buy local than to have shipped from amazon. Will take a pic and post this eve. I had never done it before and after watching 2 youtube videos and getting the right tools assembled for the project, it might have taken half an hour. I have the bars with the plastic deflectors attached to them. Once you mentioned the triple clamp i assume that's what your interested in. BTW, after 2 missions afield i will be replacing my stock bars some day next week with Protaper KX high and their 7/8" to 1 1/8" adapter. That possibility from the outset is what led me to choose such an inexpensive first set of guards.
-SD-
AZDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #2546
Keithert
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
Subscribed so thread shows up in Tapatalk!
Keithert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #2547
Doff199
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Supermoto wheels and graphic kit.

Hello everybody! I was wondering if any of you know if there are supermoto wheels and graphic kit for this bike?
and where I can get it ? :)

Thats picture was taken when i got the bike, now I got the bestdualsportbikes performance kit, Pro Taper bar, acerbis handguards, studded tyres and I expecting the Yoshimura fender eliminator kit soon.
Doff199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #2548
AZDavis
n00b

Oddometer: 9
stock bar handguard pic link

Quote:

Link to stock bar with "value" hand guards mounted up. I apologize in advance if I have made an error in configuring this.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B4...1tQl8tSDA/edit

-SD-
AZDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #2549
Vspec
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDavis View Post
Link to stock bar with "value" hand guards mounted up. I apologize in advance if I have made an error in configuring this.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B4...1tQl8tSDA/edit

-SD-
Excellent. I have some foam padding on the crossbar and totally forgot they would clamp pass the crossbar

Keep the pics coming!
Vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #2550
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
For $379 MSRP, you can now buy a Corbin seat for a 2013 CRF250L black with red thread

just saw a press release on Cycle World website

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/01/23...rf250l-saddle/
I like it !!! and the fact that I would still have my original seat. Not sure what I think about the red on it tho.

Here is the official link
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote