ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #2596
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtyBlackIrish's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Washington State
Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoornate65 View Post
Since this thread is moving along so fast now, I'm posting this question rather than wade through all the previous posts trying to glean the info I'm after regarding a rear rack for the LRP.

I'm wondering what feedback folks have regarding rear racks for the bike....good or bad.

My plan is to use the rack as a platform to mount a medium size Pelican case so I can have a little lockable storage for stuff like tools, raingear, ect. No worries on how I will mount the case to the rack, just want a well-built, sturdy rear rack.

So what are my options?

Thanks,

Nate
I like the TCI one and that's my pic I posted of the rack on my CRF. I thought it might be to wide but I guess if the handlebars can fit so will the rack as it's no where near as wide as that. Meaning in the trees on trail and what not. It is really solid and allows me to grab the rack to help pick up or move bike. I'm really happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoornate65 View Post
Disregard my above post....I'm a dumbass.

Thanks to Spud for putting together the post about all the avail rear racks.

Nate


Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
Set your posts per thread to 100 and don't be lazy....

I spent 30 seconds to find this post... 1 page back...



Good to see your back in the mix!
__________________
Semper Fidelis
DirtyBlackIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #2597
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtyBlackIrish's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Washington State
Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnutt View Post
Emailed ims and this was their response:

**** We are finishing up a fuel tank for this bike, slated for a release sometime in February. I do not have any information regarding capacity or pricing as of yet.
I am really interested in seeing this next month. I hope it kicks out at least one more gallon.
__________________
Semper Fidelis
DirtyBlackIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #2598
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Spud Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoornate65 View Post
...Thanks to Spud for putting together the post about all the avail rear racks.

Nate
You're welcome.

Spud
__________________
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #2599
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtyBlackIrish's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Washington State
Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
Just in case anyone is wondering how the Corbin seat order went, here is my email from them ....

Hi ~

Thank you for your interest in our products and for ordering with Corbin!

Attached you will find a PDF of your order that shows a description of your order including prices and freight charges. Please look over this order to make sure we have understood your requests and are producing the product as you have requested. If everything is correct, there is no need to reply to this e-mail.

Our products are custom made for you, therefore once an order has gone to production, the order cannot be modified or cancelled.

Current production lead time is approximately 2 -3 weeks for seats and 2 weeks for backrests and glass is 4-6 weeks from the sales order date shown on this PDF.

A tracking number will be e-mailed to you once your order has shipped, and signature required for delivery.

Your credit card will be charged before the order is sent to production. All seats are built to order and are non-refundable.

Thanks again for ordering with Corbin!
WOW! I didn't know they were non refundable. Did you fulfill the order then? Looking at close ups of the seat it looks like it will be very comfy doesn't it. Plus plenty of taper at the front for getting the feet down and not pushing the legs out. I sure hope thats the case and everything turns out great.
__________________
Semper Fidelis
DirtyBlackIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #2600
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Spud Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBlackIrish View Post
I am really interested in seeing this next month. I hope it kicks out at least one more gallon.
I agree. Anything less than 3-gallons would not justify the additional expenditure. One can easily pack an extra gallon on fuel on the ManRacks RotoPax rack.

Spud
__________________
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #2601
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtyBlackIrish's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Washington State
Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
I agree. Anything less than 3-gallons would not justify the additional expenditure. One can easily pack an extra gallon on fuel on the ManRacks RotoPax rack.

Spud
That was my thought too. I don't know how much more I would really want in the tank. 4 might be too much for me for most of my riding. Meaning it has to add quite a bit of top weight when your weaving in the trees on single track. I figure if I am going longer distances and need more than 180 miles I could just throw my flex tank on the rack and pack the tent and what not above it. I'm going with a Giant Loop Coyote as soon as I get the dough so the rest wont be an issue when carrying extra fuel.

***EDIT*** Then again, I don't have to always fill it. Hahahahaha!
__________________
Semper Fidelis
DirtyBlackIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #2602
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Spud Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBlackIrish View Post
That was my thought too. I don't know how much more I would really want in the tank. 4 might be too much for me for most of my riding. Meaning it has to add quite a bit of top weight when your weaving in the trees on single track. I figure if I am going longer distances and need more than 180 miles I could just throw my flex tank on the rack and pack the tent and what not above it. I'm going with a Giant Loop Coyote as soon as I get the dough so the rest wont be an issue when carrying extra fuel.

***EDIT*** Then again, I don't have to always fill it. Hahahahaha!
Given the excellent fuel mileage for this bike, I think a 3.0-3.5 gallon fuel tank will be just right.

Spud
__________________
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #2603
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Dearborn MI
Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
Just in case anyone is wondering how the Corbin seat order went, here is my email from them ....

Hi ~

Thank you for your interest in our products and for ordering with Corbin!

Attached you will find a PDF of your order that shows a description of your order including prices and freight charges. Please look over this order to make sure we have understood your requests and are producing the product as you have requested. If everything is correct, there is no need to reply to this e-mail.

Our products are custom made for you, therefore once an order has gone to production, the order cannot be modified or cancelled.

Current production lead time is approximately 2 -3 weeks for seats and 2 weeks for backrests and glass is 4-6 weeks from the sales order date shown on this PDF.

A tracking number will be e-mailed to you once your order has shipped, and signature required for delivery.

Your credit card will be charged before the order is sent to production. All seats are built to order and are non-refundable.

Thanks again for ordering with Corbin!
Here's my current opinion on seats. The seat concepts seat at $160 is a steal. There are a huge number of folks out there with this seat for the CRF, and I have NEVER head a complaint about it...except installing it. They also make a huge number of seats for KLR650...again, no complaints. Plus, they'll install it for $20...that's frikin PEANUTS. Finally.....you can buy a whole NEW CRF seat for $100 from honda....so if you're worried you might not like the seat concepts seat, buy it, buy a new honda seat, let them do the install of the foam and cover. If you don't like it, there will be someone here that will buy it in a blink!
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #2604
ride2live
Just ride
 
ride2live's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Boulder, CO
Oddometer: 88
Altitude

I have read all the pages of this thread, took a while. Lots of really high quality info in here and I thank everyone for sharing their info.

I live at 5,600' elevation and the fun riding is all uphill, as much as another mile above me. Any folks here at altitude? How is this bike performing, at say, 8,000 - 10,000'? I realize that the altitude folks in the northern half of the planet are mostly snowed in...

I had an '07 250KLX - jetted for "altitude", it was pretty much a dog when I got it up in that 8K-10K height.

And, anybody have one of these bad boys, here on the Colorado Front Range?
__________________
2013 Honda 250L
2015 R1200 GSW
ride2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #2605
Keithert
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Oddometer: 804
With the FI it should do fine at altitude I would think .
__________________
2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
2005 Suzuki V-Strom 650
2005 Yamaha XT225
1998 Ural Deco
Keithert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #2606
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtyBlackIrish's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Washington State
Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2live View Post
I have read all the pages of this thread, took a while. Lots of really high quality info in here and I thank everyone for sharing their info.

I live at 5,600' elevation and the fun riding is all uphill, as much as another mile above me. Any folks here at altitude? How is this bike performing, at say, 8,000 - 10,000'? I realize that the altitude folks in the northern half of the planet are mostly snowed in...

I had an '07 250KLX - jetted for "altitude", it was pretty much a dog when I got it up in that 8K-10K height.

And, anybody have one of these bad boys, here on the Colorado Front Range?

I have only had it up to about 6400 feet but it didnt miss a beat. Felt exactly the same as sea level to me.
__________________
Semper Fidelis
DirtyBlackIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #2607
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond
 
MentalGuru's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Mental Ward
Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithert View Post
With the FI it should do fine at altitude I would think .

How???


Does the fuel injection somehow add more oxygen to the air the engine sucks in???


It should run fine if the FI is working correctly, but it will lose power.

At 8,000' the CRF will have about 15.2 hp and at 10,000' is would only have 14 hp

These numbers are based on a 20 hp engine at sea level.


Try me....
http://www.wallaceracing.com/braking-hp.php

At 6450' you lose 3.87 hp if you have 20 hp at sea level.

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #2608
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Dearborn MI
Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
How???


Does the fuel injection somehow add more oxygen to the air the engine sucks in???


It should run fine if the FI is working correctly, but it will lose power.

At 8,000' the CRF will have about 15.2 hp and at 10,000' is would only have 14 hp

These numbers are based on a 20 hp engine at sea level.


Try me....
http://www.wallaceracing.com/braking-hp.php

At 6450' you lose 3.87 hp if you have 20 hp at sea level.

Guru: Just out of curiosity, does their power correction algorithm take into account loss of power due to the effect of lower air density, and loss of combustion efficiency because of the loss of compression ratio? Also, do I assume it assumes that air fuel ratio is held constant at both elevations?

No wonder my 1979 XR185 on mosquito pass (Colorado) in 1985ran "poorly"
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #2609
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond
 
MentalGuru's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Mental Ward
Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
Guru: Just out of curiosity, does their power correction algorithm take into account loss of power due to the effect of lower air density, and loss of combustion efficiency because of the loss of compression ratio? Also, do I assume it assumes that air fuel ratio is held constant at both elevations?

No wonder my 1979 XR185 on mosquito pass (Colorado) in 1985ran "poorly"


Yes, that would be with the correct air/fuel ratios and accounts for the loss of volumetric efficiency caused by the given altitude.

You find it hard to breath and so does your engine. You can take a deeper breath, but your engine can't...

That is the corrected for altitude formula. It's the opposite of corrected for sea level HP figures.

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #2610
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer
 
gnath9's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Omaha, Ne
Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBlackIrish View Post
WOW! I didn't know they were non refundable. Did you fulfill the order then? Looking at close ups of the seat it looks like it will be very comfy doesn't it. Plus plenty of taper at the front for getting the feet down and not pushing the legs out. I sure hope thats the case and everything turns out great.
Yes I did order it and will be sure to post my opinion on the seat after a good long ride. Thanks, I hope it turns out great as well.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014