Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #2761
positron007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyz View Post
Me personally, I avoid these threads. I made my choice with the Honda, and a lot of people chiming in have never ridden the bikes in question.
This is exactly why I come here to get an opinion on this bike and not a comparison thread.
I don't want people telling me the CRF is crap when they haven't even ridden it, I want to know what the owners think.
positron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #2762
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,372
[QUOTE=NesquikNinja;20600696]

There was slight uphill section where the bike dropped to 55mph....but I was afraid to downshift to 5th due to not having a tach and having no idea where that would leave me RPM-wise?

I have not yet "bounced" mine off the rev limiter. First bike I've had in a while without a tach. Anyone with an aftermarket tach who can say where the rev limiter kicks it?

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #2763
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by positron007 View Post
This is exactly why I come here to get an opinion on this bike and not a comparison thread.
I don't want people telling me the CRF is crap when they haven't even ridden it, I want to know what the owners think.

You are still off-topic posting in here and not helping us owners keep a good resource for us all to use without sifting through non-ownership posts and comparisons.
All of your posts in this thread are part of our problem with too many posts not pertaining to ownership, we don't care what you used to ride, I suggest you read the OP again and help out the community by following the guidelines. I see you just joined ADVrider, we have guidelines and rules to make it better for everyone and easier to find the info anyone is looking for, it's called thread topics.
I understand wanting owners opinions, but that's part of being a part of the ADV community, sifting through the opinions in the appropriate threads and deciding who you should listen to. Not just polluting our owners threads because you feel like it.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #2764
Avi8tor
ADV Poser

Oddometer: 212
Back on topic...

I love the Highway Dirtbikes setup on Rox Risers. I mostly went with the HDB setup for a place to mount Powerlets and switches. Works really well and is solid. I used KX High Protaper Contours.

I was skeptical about the mirrors, but decided to try them anyway. They give a nice view...bigger than what I thought they would.

Also tested out the Rotopax setup. Decided on that vs a bigger tank.

Avi8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #2765
Lost Rider
Roadie

[QUOTE=SAPB;20603093]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NesquikNinja View Post

There was slight uphill section where the bike dropped to 55mph....but I was afraid to downshift to 5th due to not having a tach and having no idea where that would leave me RPM-wise?

I have not yet "bounced" mine off the rev limiter. First bike I've had in a while without a tach. Anyone with an aftermarket tach who can say where the rev limiter kicks it?

I ran the LRP wide open for hours and hours, for days, including dropping into 5th on hill climbs at highways speeds. This motor needs to rev to make power, I wouldn't worry about over revving it personally, that what the rev limiter is for.

A guy on a crb250l with the same motor rode from Miami to Prudo Bay Alaska wide open the whole time, day in day out, no issues.

LostRider.com
Old 01-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #2766
positron007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
You are still off-topic posting in here and not helping us owners keep a good resource for us all to use without sifting through non-ownership posts and comparisons.
All of your posts in this thread are part of our problem with too many posts not pertaining to ownership, we don't care what you used to ride, I suggest you read the OP again and help out the community by following the guidelines. I see you just joined ADVrider, we have guidelines and rules to make it better for everyone and easier to find the info anyone is looking for, it's called thread topics.
I understand wanting owners opinions, but that's part of being a part of the ADV community, sifting through the opinions in the appropriate threads and deciding who you should listen to. Not just polluting our owners threads because you feel like it.

OK. I won't ask for advice at this thread.
Thank you for making me feel welcome.
positron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #2767
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #2768
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,436
SHEEITT! We don't need no frikkin' forum police....we'll just sick MentalGuru on their asses!!!

Ed@Ford screwed with this post 01-29-2013 at 02:01 PM Reason: increase rudeness
Ed@Ford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #2769
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
Cmon .. there are some other threads, all about CRF250L that will suit alternate interests beside racks

http://advrider.com/forums/search.php?searchid=22378612

L
Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #2770
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
Now you get it.

Once you buy a LRP and have questions pertaining to anything that is owner related I will be happy to give you a big hug and welcome you in this thread, just help us all out and try to follow the rules to make a better ADV community. You could shoot me a PM if you have a question for me, but not ask it in this particular thread would be better.
It's not just you, it's many folks in here and it's time for some sort of reality check. There's plenty of other threads with actual owners opinions about the bike and how it compares to other bikes, but the owners thread is supposed to be a place for owners to easily find info that's on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Cmon .. there are some other threads, all about CRF250L that will suit alternate interests beside racks

http://advrider.com/forums/search.php?searchid=22378612

L

Exactly.

My contribution to the owners thread:

LostRider.com
Old 01-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #2771
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithy View Post
Back on topic...

I love the Highway Dirtbikes setup on Rox Risers. I mostly went with the HDB setup for a place to mount Powerlets and switches. Works really well and is solid. I used KX High Protaper Contours.

I was skeptical about the mirrors, but decided to try them anyway. They give a nice view...bigger than what I thought they would.

Also tested out the Rotopax setup. Decided on that vs a bigger tank.

J Smitty:

Is that the National Cycle windscreen?

Is that the RotoPax storage pack? Are you satisfied with the amount of goodies you can cram in it? I've got an older 1.25G rotopax gas can...and the storage pack looks interesting.

Have u had any issues with the red gas can (also 1.25G) filler leaking?

Thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #2772
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Here's a top notch owner question....AutoZone has a boatload of magnetic drain plugs...cheap....most bike places want about 3x price....what is the thread diameter (metric, probably 12 or 14)...but more importantly...what is the pitch?...for example...my KLR650 is an M12 x 1.5.....because right now...from zero miles to the first oil change is when the most nasty iron bits are swirling around in the crankcase as the transmission gears are bedding into each other.

AAAAND..while on this topic, CRF's only sells a big donut shape magnet that goes on the end of the oil filter..sure oughta catch lotsa nasty iron bits....anyone out there ever use one of them? Does it come out all furry with iron bits (i.e. it's doing it's job!)?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #2773
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithy View Post
Back on topic...

So how do you like your LED aux lights???

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #2774
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
Here's a top notch owner question....AutoZone has a boatload of magnetic drain plugs...cheap....most bike places want about 3x price....what is the thread diameter (metric, probably 12 or 14)...but more importantly...what is the pitch?...for example...my KLR650 is an M12 x 1.5.....because right now...from zero miles to the first oil change is when the most nasty iron bits are swirling around in the crankcase as the transmission gears are bedding into each other.

AAAAND..while on this topic, CRF's only sells a big donut shape magnet that goes on the end of the oil filter..sure oughta catch lotsa nasty iron bits....anyone out there ever use one of them? Does it come out all furry with iron bits (i.e. it's doing it's job!)?
For what it's worth, the Honda CRF parts fiche says the drain plug is 12mm...but no pitch....guess i gotta go make a mess and see if my klr plug fits...m12x1.5
Old 01-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #2775
Irish769
Wanna-be

Oddometer: 37
Finally.....

After placing an order at the end of November, I picked up my CRF today. It's 30 degrees and wet but I took a litle ride just because. I know I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this bike. I am a little concerned about the braking power. I realize the pads need to break in but I would like some information about stainless steel lines. A couple of guys have inquired but I haven't seen any response. Is the benefit worth the cost and effort?
2013 CRF 250L
Irish769 is offline   Reply With Quote