User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #2896
Bksports88
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Trouble with BDSB

I ordered a performance kit from BDSB in early January and still havent gotten anything yet. Emailed them twice and they said Im shipping everything except the fuel programmer today (2 weeks ago) anyone else having this trouble?

BK
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #2897
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bksports88 View Post
I ordered a performance kit from BDSB in early January and still havent gotten anything yet. Emailed them twice and they said Im shipping everything except the fuel programmer today (2 weeks ago) anyone else having this trouble?

BK
I ordered one a week ago Sunday and got it on Saturday (he said it would ship Thursday) but, It said programmer to follow.... and that was my main reson for choosing them. (pre programmed) Maybe I better send off an email. Also I did contact him before I placed my order because I had heard of some issues with past orders.

gnath9 screwed with this post 02-04-2013 at 09:08 AM
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #2898
bigbluecreek
Wish I was in Mexico

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Ferguson View Post
I don't own one of these so I hope it's OK if I say that that bike is set up very nicely.
Thanks Larry, Not sure i would change a whole lot if i were to go on another trip tomorrow. I would probably change the seat to the Seat Concepts or Corbin, I had the airhawk on the seat and it was okay...seemed to move around alot. Would definetly change the rear shock. Any suggestions from anyone???
1970 Honda CT 70
1969 Honda CT 70
bigbluecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #2899
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Bdsb

WOW !!!
That was fast ... I got a response within minutes and said it will ship today !!!
I have gotten great customer service from them
Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #2900
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluecreek View Post
Thanks Larry, Not sure i would change a whole lot if i were to go on another trip tomorrow. I would probably change the seat to the Seat Concepts or Corbin, I had the airhawk on the seat and it was okay...seemed to move around alot. Would definetly change the rear shock. Any suggestions from anyone???
I have a Race Tech on order but other than hearing great things about it, I can't really comment yet. It better be good because it was very expensive. ($721.00)
Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #2901
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bob View Post
I was thinking of keeping the steel shifter because if it bent you could straighten it, vs a cast aftermarket one snapping. Then I saw this post on RideAsia.net! .

"a fall on a CRF 250 L resulted in a broken gear lever which sheared the selector shaft off at the engine casing, meaning the rider had to ride all the way back in 3rd gear. This is the 3rd CRF 250L this has happened to in Chiang Mai."

Anyone else have this happen?

Bear in mind there are a lot of CRF250Ls in Chiang Mai and they're "ab-used" as rentals.
BUT BUT BUT:

I've seen such cases where the shaft broke when attempts (usually very ham-fisted) were made to bend it back into shape
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #2902
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
I have a Race Tech on order but other than hearing great things about it, I can't really comment yet. It better be good because it was very expensive. ($721.00)

As buying this, you just ruined the first quality of the CRFL ---> being cheap

Just saying for my concern, because already spent about 1'500 $ for her w/ FMF and so on ...

I was tempted too, but it's enough for now and i will settle for it as it is, ortherwise i'd rather buy another bike "all inclusive".

L
Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #2903
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
As buying this, you just ruined the first quality of the CRFL ---> being cheap

Just saying for my concern, because already spent about 1'500 $ for her w/ FMF and so on ...

I was tempted too, but it's enough for now and i will settle for it as it is, ortherwise i'd rather buy another bike "all inclusive".

L
LOL ...

I bought the bike because it was cheap enough to mod away and will have everything I want and more. I also bought it because I have faith in the CBR engine it has on it.
I came real close to buying a KTM ... but I am not a young guy anymore.
even considered the Yamaha but after you mod that thing you would have spent KTM money.

Thing is ........ this will probably be my last motorcycle and its going to be just the way I want it.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #2904
Avi8tor
ADV Poser

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Thanks for the reply ...
When I get off work today I will install the ROX risers and measure again. Mine will be mounted on the outside to allow for a Scotts damper and I did go with the fat bars. I really did take my time with them templates

Now I am a little concerned
It looks like 108mm is the widest they make. I'm am certain the holes are not that close together with the risers on the outside of the clamps. I am using the Rox Elite 2" risers for 7/8"/1-1/8" bars for reference.
Avi8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #2905
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithy View Post
It looks like 108mm is the widest they make. I'm am certain the holes are not that close together with the risers on the outside of the clamps. I am using the Rox Elite 2" risers for 7/8"/1-1/8" bars for reference.
on a side note .... the risers I got are black and look slightly different. They are 2 inch and 7/8 - 1-1/8 as well
Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #2906
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,379
Quote:
LOL ...

I bought the bike because it was cheap enough to mod away and will have everything I want and more. I also bought it because I have faith in the CBR engine it has on it.
I came real close to buying a KTM ... but I am not a young guy anymore.
even considered the Yamaha but after you mod that thing you would have spent KTM money.

Thing is ........ this will probably be my last motorcycle and its going to be just the way I want it.
Last motorcycle, yeah right, until the next one...........

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #2907
Irish769
Wanna-be

Oddometer: 37
Quote:

This was taken back in November shortly after I bought the bike.
(cell phone pic not so good)
Looks like the Mighty Mo.....Dodge Park maybe?
2013 CRF 250L
Irish769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #2908
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish769 View Post
Looks like the Mighty Mo.....Dodge Park maybe?
you got it !!!

I was wondering where you were you might be from.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #2909
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Fuel programmers

Quote:
I ordered one a week ago Sunday and got it on Saturday (he said it would ship Thursday) but, It said programmer to follow.... and that was my main reson for choosing them. (pre programmed)
You could have ordered the EJK from Dobeck.....the exact same controller......with the exact same programmed settings.....minus the FMF logo.

Quote from Dobeck's website......
"Your controller comes pre-programmed for typical stage 1 modifications which means an air filter and exhaust system change".

My EJK came with the same pre-programmed settings as the FMF controller that other members on here purchased from BDSB's. It was confirmed in this thread quite some time ago.

Just so you know and to maybe help out others who are looking to add one of these to their 250L.

Here's where I purchased mine from......

http://electronicjetkit.com/DirtBike...number=9110028
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #2910
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
You could have ordered the EJK from Dobeck.....the exact same controller......with the exact same programmed settings.....minus the FMF logo.

Quote from Dobeck's website......
"Your controller comes pre-programmed for typical stage 1 modifications which means an air filter and exhaust system change".

My EJK came with the same pre-programmed settings as the FMF controller that other members on here purchased from BDSB's. It was confirmed in this thread quite some time ago.

Just so you know and to maybe help out others who are looking to add one of these to their 250L.

Here's where I purchased mine from......

http://electronicjetkit.com/DirtBike...number=9110028
Thank you ...
BDSB's claimed "ONLY" theirs came set up properly

good to know tho and I did remember something about that (I have read every page) Do you know if there is any benefit to the ceramic coating ?