Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #2971
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk5mike View Post
Just put a deposit on mine today. Befor deposit the OTD for Washington state dealer is 4983$
Congrats

Was it in stock or did you have to order one ?
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #2972
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
I asked a question back several pages and finally got up to the dealer to find out for myself and to help other prospective buyers see if this bike would be a good fit.

I had asked if the 250L felt comparable in size to the CRF230F which feels like an 80% sized bike to me at 6'0" , 33 inch inseam and 170 lbs.

The 250L is about a 95% of a full sized bike and felt very comfortable to me. My heels were about an inch off the ground and both toes comfortably on the ground. Knees also not too scrunched up with feet on the pegs.

By way of comparison a WR250R feels like a full sized bike to me, both toes on the ground but about 2-3 inches of air under my heels. Roomy riding position

KLX250 just a tiny bit higher on the seat height than the 250L but otherwise almost identical.

Hopefully this helped other shoppers for the 250L.....Looks to be a good fit for someone my size.
Funny, I'm 5'6 and this bike fits me like a glove.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #2973
kb7tgr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
speedo corection??

I just picked up my 250 L (LRP) today here in Gillette WY. Rode it home about 8 miles @ about 30 degrees. Lookin forward to riding it as well as fixing it up to be my own.

One of the first things will be a sprocket change (amongst many others). So the question is when you use the speedo correction devise does it stay in place or do you adjust them remove it?
kb7tgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #2974
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
Congrats

Was it in stock or did you have to order one ?
It's in stock and think they have another one also in stock. But I am not able to pick it up tell next week when I am home on leave
Mk5mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #2975
Captain Yesterday
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
I had asked if the 250L felt comparable in size to the CRF230F which feels like an 80% sized bike to me at 6'0" , 33 inch inseam and 170 lbs.

The 250L is about a 95% of a full sized bike and felt very comfortable to me. My heels were about an inch off the ground and both toes comfortably on the ground. Knees also not too scrunched up with feet on the pegs.
I'm about the same size 6'1" 33 inseam 145 lbs. And yeah the 230l felt like a pit bike rather than a dual sport. Also, the 230l ran like crap new. And fuel injection is a must for any new bike.

Looking at a 80 / 20 to 70 / 30 Street to Dirt ratio Something close to what my klr650 was but with a better more rev happy motor and lighter weight. Looking at the husky 650, wr250r and 250l. The ktm is just way too expensive for something that I'm going to beat the sh*t out of.
Captain Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #2976
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb7tgr View Post
I just picked up my 250 L (LRP) today here in Gillette WY. Rode it home about 8 miles @ about 30 degrees. Lookin forward to riding it as well as fixing it up to be my own.

One of the first things will be a sprocket change (amongst many others). So the question is when you use the speedo correction devise does it stay in place or do you adjust them remove it?
It stays in place. Nice thing is when and if you change sprockets again ... just re calibrate.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #2977
Fytclub
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
I just plugged it in. No programming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR250R View Post
Did the EJK come with any sort of guide/instructions or starting point?. Usually I'd just re-jet but obviously this bike is FI and I'm not sure how exactly to tune a bike without a carb.
Fytclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #2978
Irish769
Wanna-be

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yesterday View Post
Trying to decide on a used wr250r or a new crf250l, just curious on what kind of OTD prices people are paying around the US for a crf250l? I've never bought a new bike before just trying to see how much more is the OTD price than the MSRP price.

Thanks
Just picked mine up last week. $4650 out the door. That doesn't include the taxes/plates which is a separate thing here in NE.

I can get the Dobeck EJK for 150 delivered with my discount......very tempting as I like the idea of changing things at will to see what feels best. A 13 tooth is first however.
2013 CRF 250L
2014 BMW GSW
Irish769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #2979
Treebone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Bought mine 3 weeks ago, 4369.00 here in New Mexico. Tax and license additional, no setup or BS?? fees.

For my 28 inch inseam, it is a bit tall, but easily handled. It is very well balanced, and not top heavy. NO problemo on
level ground, but I don't always have level ground to stop on, right?

I put in a Kouba Link, and raised the fork tubes 3/4 inch. It did change the handling a bit, but so minor I would be hard pressed to describe the difference accurately. I have not measured the change in seat height in inches, but it is lower.
The Kouba is 10 oz's lighter than the stock link I removed, in case anyone is counting.

I do not plan on mucking with the stock engine. I like it quiet (stealth is cool) and my past efforts at engine mods have been little more than expensive lessons in futility. That stuff is best left to those who know what they are doing, and I have been in the game long enough to know I ain't one of them

Now days, I just want an inexpensive, reliable and fun bike to ride.

I mean really, if I wanted high performance, I would have picked a different machine than this.

That said, I will still drop a tooth on the front sprocket ( currently investigating for problems that may present) as first and 6th gear are a bit high for my taste.
I ride at 6500 ft. and higher, so the altitude sucks a fair bit of power from the get-go. Coming home the other day I was riding into a 20 mph head wind, shifted into 6th gear at 55mph, and started losing speed, (at sea level, it would have been a different story)
I was just asking too much, and reminded myself, this is actually a 250cc bike, not a 650. It is sometimes easy to forget, as it is a sweet runner, and can cover ground at a surprising pace.
Nice bike, I'm glad I got it, and feel I got a good bang for the buck.
Treebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #2980
RockinTheRVA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Watching Lost Rider's videos confirms a lot of questions as to what this bike can do. Exciting! Great content and superb production value Lost Rider.

The LRP is definitely on my want list, I'll be lurking on this thread from now on as I suppose I am not a "CRF250L Owner"(yet).
RockinTheRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #2981
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinTheRVA View Post
Watching Lost Rider's videos confirms a lot of questions as to what this bike can do. Exciting! Great content and superb production value Lost Rider.

The LRP is definitely on my want list, I'll be lurking on this thread from now on as I suppose I am not a "CRF250L Owner"(yet).
I agree .... Lost Riders videos are great and have inspired me to try to make one of my own this spring.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #2982
Telemarktumalo
Coffee Achiever

Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinTheRVA View Post
...The LRP is definitely on my want list, I'll be lurking on this thread from now on as I suppose I am not a "CRF250L Owner"(yet).
You won't regret it. The LRP is my first dirt worthy bike and I'm digging it. My other bike is a BMW f800ST and they are world's apart in so many facets, but the little Honda has a huge fun factor.
Telemarktumalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #2983
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,478
[QUOTE=bigbluecreek;20666403]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluecreek View Post

Me and friend recently road our bikes to Mazatlan. Here is a picture of the 250L all loaded as I had it set up on the trip. it performed perfectly as we went over 3000 miles...the biggest issue was probably the rear shock in that it does not have much rebound. With the load, I had to always make sure i was on a slope or had kickstand in a hole.

I just rode over 3000 miles...it performed almost perfectly. i got decent gas mileage. I averaged about 50 mpg when i was going 65mph plus, and wind would also cut down on some mileage. At 50-60 mph the mpg went up fast. On average i would would fill up at around 85-100 miles and almost always put in 1.5 to 1.75 gallons. Only had to use my extra fuel a couple times. I didnt have the FI.
BIG BLUE CREEK: you need a stiffer rear spring...inquire with "Flagger" where he got the "400" spring he put on his bike...stock is 325.....read up on RamZ site about the tricks getting the stock shock out...he sez it's "fun". My KLR 650 was like that with the stock spring
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #2984
CRFSoCal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
You guys got some good deals. I paid 5500 without financing. All the tax, prep fee, California tire fee and all other bs.
CRFSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #2985
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,331
[QUOTE=Ed@Ford;20669351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluecreek View Post

BIG BLUE CREEK: you need a stiffer rear spring...inquire with "Flagger" where he got the "400" spring he put on his bike...stock is 325.....read up on RamZ site about the tricks getting the stock shock out...he sez it's "fun". My KLR 650 was like that with the stock spring
525 oem
600 from cogent dynamics

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote