Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 02:49 AM   #3016
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
haha, the guy who has a $8000+, 325+ pound, maybe 30 HP dirt bike with a 2 gallon fuel tank?....
He obviously has more money and free time to update his technically proficient website than he actually rides the bike to be taken too seriously.

The LRP is great for what it is, great bike for us as OEM for sure, but the ramz site just makes me laugh and the constant references to him as a know it all LRP guy to be listen too are a fucking joke.

Everyone has their own reasons

Whatever ...

L
Old 02-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #3017
Sharkfan22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Any update on bigger tanks??
Sharkfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #3018
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
Hey lost rider ....

Am I a Fucking joke because ....

I bought a Corbin seat to improve the comfort of my LRP on the street.
I bought FMF mega bomb/Q4 exhaust with a programmer to add a little more power.
I bought a 13/42 sprocket combo to help lift the front tire when needed. (or for fun)
I bought Rox risers and HDB handgaurds with mirrors along with protaper 1 1/8 bars and pillow top grips.
I bought a Race Tech rear shock built for my weight and style of riding.
I bought a flatland radiator guard (cuz I saw your post) and a skid plate for protection.
I bought a speedo calibrator to keep my odometor accurate.
I bought a Yoshamira tail light (just for looks)
I bought a Scotts steering damper.

And I am having my forks built with Race Tech springs and valves for my weight and style.

I have followed your posts and visited your website. I have listened respectfully of your thoughts and opinions. And I am kinda in shock that you would make such a post against a fellow rider just doing what he enjoys.

People waste lots of money on their 4X4's and their Harleys and their cars etc....

I love Honda and its a fantastic bike even in its stock form. I believe I have invested my money well and will enjoy many years on a bike that in my mind will be better suited for me than any of the bikes you have mentioned.

Sorry for the rant and I mean no disrespect but, because I listen to you (lost Rider) or Ramz or any other of these fine gentelman on this forum does not make me a FUCKING JOKE.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #3019
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
Am I a Fucking joke because ....

I bought a Corbin seat to improve the comfort of my LRP on the street.
I bought FMF mega bomb/Q4 exhaust with a programmer to add a little more power.
I bought a 13/42 sprocket combo to help lift the front tire when needed. (or for fun)
I bought Rox risers and HDB handgaurds with mirrors along with protaper 1 1/8 bars and pillow top grips.
I bought a Race Tech rear shock built for my weight and style of riding.
I bought a flatland radiator guard (cuz I saw your post) and a skid plate for protection.
I bought a speedo calibrator to keep my odometor accurate.
I bought a Yoshamira tail light (just for looks)
I bought a Scotts steering damper.

And I am having my forks built with Race Tech springs and valves for my weight and style.

I have followed your posts and visited your website. I have listened respectfully of your thoughts and opinions. And I am kinda in shock that you would make such a post against a fellow rider just doing what he enjoys.

People waste lots of money on their 4X4's and their Harleys and their cars etc....

I love Honda and its a fantastic bike even in its stock form. I believe I have invested my money well and will enjoy many years on a bike that in my mind will be better suited for me than any of the bikes you have mentioned.

Sorry for the rant and I mean no disrespect but, because I listen to you (lost Rider) or Ramz or any other of these fine gentelman on this forum does not make me a FUCKING JOKE.
+1.

Lost Rider you are a knowledgeable and skilled rider. But arrogant as all hell. If Rick wants to spend his money to pursue his hobby, his way, then why rip him? Just because Ramz questioned your how-to you get all pissy?

And shoving the non-owners out of the thread? WTF? That attitude never existed in the XR650L thread when I was watching it. It's a great resource .. a little hard to follow, just like this one, but a god-damn gold mine for info. Just as our thread is shaping up to be.

Please, share your experiences. Comment on questions posted by owners and non-owners. Continue to document how you maintain the LRP. But cut out the shit.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.

'Flagger screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 08:08 AM
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #3020
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,515
Damn, Lost Rider...you sound just like some government know-it-all who knows what is best for everyone based solely on YOUR judgement. If you really knew something, you'd realize that the dualsport category is basically a free-for-all area for riders to mod or not to their heart's content on bikes that can be used in a wide array of applications. I'm more of a KLX or WRR guy, but that has little to do with people enjoying expanding any DS bike's horizons with mods both big or small. Give it a rest, dude.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #3021
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
Damn, Lost Rider...you sound just like some government know-it-all who knows what is best for everyone based solely on YOUR judgement. If you really knew something, you'd realize that the dualsport category is basically a free-for-all area for riders to mod or not to their heart's content on bikes that can be used in a wide array of applications. I'm more of a KLX or WRR guy, but that has little to do with people enjoying expanding any DS bike's horizons with mods both big or small. Give it a rest, dude.
You are spot on !!!

To help Lost Riders validation that I am in fact a FUCKING IDIOT

All of my Mods have been done just because I enjoy riding at our local OHV park with my 11 year old son on his CRF80F and after this summer, I will upgrade him to a CRF150R and I will need something to keep up !!!

I also buzz it around the neighborhood. I will be surprised if I clock over 2K mile per year.
I also needed a bike that will require very little up keep as I don't have the time to spend working on it.

Also to me it makes way more sense to make a legal bike dirt worthy than to make a dirt bike street legal.

also to me it makes no sense at all to thrash a stock bike in very harsh conditions that it was not built or intended for. I would suggest that new suspension would make that LRP last many many more miles as the bike would not be taking such a beating.

I also realize that I am posting in an Adventure Riders forum and maybe I just don't belong or have the right to be here.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #3022
itrack
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
No offense Lost Rider but the terrain your riding basically sums up to fire roads. I would value your info on what luggage systems work for this bike, but your way over your head on performance parts geared for more "serious" off road rider. Even KTM, Husa, and Berg riders do mods fairly soon after delivery. Customizing your bike to your style of riding is very very common for a reason. Many bikes just need a little help to go from good to great, many people are building something they can't buy from a dealer.
itrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #3023
dangerdawg
NooB

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish769 View Post
Just picked mine up last week. $4650 out the door. That doesn't include the taxes/plates which is a separate thing here in NE.

I can get the Dobeck EJK for 150 delivered with my discount......very tempting as I like the idea of changing things at will to see what feels best. A 13 tooth is first however.
Hey Irish - what part of Nebraska you call home? I'm in Denton, just west of Lincoln - maybe we can go riding.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #3024
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
This site WAS a great place for new owners and future owners to discuss our common interest..CRF250L

LOST RIDER makes some good points and demonstrates the abilities of the LRP in basically stock performance form. That's great! I'm glad to see he's happy with it, and the abuse it will take. It all contributes to my satisfaction of choosing a great bike.

I am following his advice and making the bike more comfortable for my riding style first and foremost,then will work on protection mods, and performance mods when the time and $$ comes.

However, to call out people like RamZ (who obviously have the ways and the means) and others testing and reporting back the advantages/disadvantages of performance mod parts, prices, difficulties... e.t.c, to us future modders of the LRP, and to choose what we want/ don't want..should/shouldn't do to our bikes is just foolish.

And to scare away future buyers who are here to ask the "Owners" questions????....I'm not even gonna bother with this one ( PM me if you'd like my thoughts and opinions..non-owners) since it's a big deal here.

Many great idea's surfaced here and thank you to all. If it interests me, I'll ask questions, if it's not for me...I'll keep on rolling by.

At the end of the day, it's still a Honda...but it's yours...use your own mind and do to it what you wish
Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #3025
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
haha, the guy who has a $8000+, 325+ pound, maybe 30 HP dirt bike with a 2 gallon fuel tank?....
He obviously has more money and free time to update his technically proficient website than he actually rides the bike to be taken too seriously.

The LRP is great for what it is, great bike for us as OEM for sure, but the ramz site just makes me laugh and the constant references to him as a know it all LRP guy to be listen too are a fucking joke.

We love our LRP, if we wanted it to "perform" like a WR or KTM, we would have bought a WR or KTM... or Husaberg 390. or Husky 310. All attainable for what that ramz dude has into his bike. "faster" isn't always better though IMO, especially for less aggressive riders... that why we love the LRP as is.
By the time you severely mod a CRF into performing like any higher performance bike, you've lost the fuel efficiency, low entry to DS price, warranty, and probably the long term Honda reliability that make an LRP attractive in the first place. And no amount of money dumped in is going to take away the steel frame and other added weight or budget components of the LRP...
You folks have fun dumping cashinto a bike trying to make the LRP something it's not. (that you'll get maybe 25% back on your investment when you realize it's still a Little Red PIG and buy a higher performance bike if you somehow think will make you go faster if that's your goal, when in reality the problem is the nut holding onto the handlebars)

- from a LRP rider that doesn't overload a little 250cc bike, actually rides it, and enjoys it for what it is.
Thats who Ramz is - he like to mod and tinker and build, I like his site and what he does because it gives me insights and ideas on what I can do to my bike(s) - I like what you do also Lost, and also am kinda bummed you would slam Ramz like that..especially since he is one of the most prolific riders here in the rockies and works at clearing and maintaining our dwindling single track. But the main thing that bums me out is that you imply that I am a fucking joke because I reference him. Not cool.

2013 KTM 250 XC-W
2013 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

SugarDust screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 10:15 AM
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #3026
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey look what FedEx dropped at this idiots door just now !!!

Old 02-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #3027
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,084
A lot of us buy these bikes (the CRF or the KLX or even the WR) because we can't afford the big, fancier bikes like the KTM. I'd LOVE to have that new KTM 350 EXC... but cripes, it's nearly $10,000. That's 2x what I paid for my KLX. The suspension in my KLX can be redone to be VERY good for under $1000 (for both ends) and the big-bore kit for another $1000 or less (when you add in an exhaust). Add a seat, which would be necessary on any bike, and you're still at a much lower price than the KTM.

The day I bought my KLX, I was approved for the WR250R. I went over to the dealer to look at it more closely, and two things killed the deal for me -- first, the sticker that said, "Premium Unleaded Only." I didn't want to deal with finding premium fuel in the middle of Death Valley. Second, the seat was so high I couldn't even get a leg over it. Then there were the nitpicky things like the instrument panel that didn't even have a tachometer. So I went with the KLX instead. The CRF wasn't out at the time so it wasn't an option. Had it been, I might very well have gotten it.

But the point is, we get these bikes because they're affordable, and like my DR650, they're a sort of "blank slate" that each person can then customize to their individual taste. That's what I love about these bikes. Honda knows it too since it's aimed the CRF at the lower end of the price spectrum by carefully cutting a few corners that they know anybody half serious will replace anyway.

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #3028
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,477
Hey Lost, I'm just a nobody here. But I gotta say the Mr Ramz site is freaking top shelf. An asset for many riders, many riders indeed. Just what gives you the right to tell another man where to spend his hard earned money?
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #3029
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
Hey Lost, I'm just a nobody here. But I gotta say the Mr Ramz site is freaking top shelf. An asset for many riders, many riders indeed. Just what gives you the right to tell another man where to spend his hard earned money?

Not telling anyone how to spend their own money, just voicing my own opinion on almost spending double what a bike costs based on doing the same in the past. In the end it's still an LRP mo matter how pretty the lipstick. I don't see why that's so hard to understand.
I'm not slamming his site, I haven't looked at it much, glad there's a resource for folks, I don't need his help deciding what's best for my bikes...

I'm nobody too, like I said, easily ignored.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #3030
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
Hey guys... I don't have one of these... I have the KLX250S. I was over on the Kawasaki forum today, and in the KLX250S section, there's a thread on the CRF250L (a positive thread, btw, not a bash-fest). Anyway, somebody in there posted that they heard that Bill Blue is working on a big bore kit already for the CRF250L. He's the guy who makes the very popular 351cc big bore for the KLX.

Word has it that he has a 283cc version working at the moment, but is aiming to go bigger. There's nothing about it yet on his website, so it's just hearsay at the moment. Still, I thought you might want to know. http://bandbcyclerestoration.com/

I think the CRF250L is a neat little bike. If I ever need a second 250 dual sport, I'll seriously consider one.

Rob

That's some good news! I've got just over 33,000KM on my 351cc kit... I'd seen the dyno sheets where the 351 w/pumper, pipe, porting and breather mods took the stock KLX from 18.6 to 30HP but was concerned about what it would do to the reliability. 33,000KM isn't Toyota reliability but in that same # on a KTM690 that was 9 fuel pumps and 3 engines! I'm sure his big bore for the CRF will be great!
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote