Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #3181
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,127
Given that these things are getting hard to get due to their popularity, I'd say if you can find one, and then get the dealer to knock anything off, just grab it. $56xx... okay, say $5500 out the door (if that includes sales tax)... and go ride and enjoy it. Is it worth the frustration of going dealer to dealer over a couple hundred dollars? :)

The only "discounts" you might be able to get will be on dealer fees like "assembly" or "delivery" (not destination)... so really, best you're gonna do is maybe $100-200 off, IMO.

Re: Washington vs Oregon... wherever you register it depends on sales tax. If you live in Oregon, you can buy in Washington and still pay no sales tax. But if you buy it in Oregon and live in Washington, they'll hit you for sales tax when you register it... unless you can use an Oregon address and get Oregon plates.

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #3182
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Unless you are active duty military like I am. You can be stationed outside and buy outside of Washington state and pay no sales tax when you register. Unless the state you buy in charges you sales tax and purchase time. But to avoid that you can private party. I was about to buy in Oregon but they didn't come down in price so it was a better and easier deal to buy from ellensburg,wa then deal with a DMV visit. And saved me 200$ and having to deal with California expensive fees and there dmv sucks also
Mk5mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #3183
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
And before people complain about driving just to save 200$ I was already driving thru ellensburg twice while I am on leave this week
Mk5mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #3184
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexp87 View Post
Thanks for finding that. I'll be calling them in the morning. Ellensburg is only about 2 hours away or so.
You're welcome. I saved you over $1,000. Do I get a "finder's fee?"

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #3185
LiquidYogi
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
You're welcome. I saved you over $1,000. Do I get a "finder's fee?"

Spud
Hey save me some money and I'll...send you pictures of the money I saved...

Not that anyone cares but this is an experience that me and another potential buyer are going through in Seattle.

I-90 motorsports $5824
Lake City Powersports $5627
Ride Motorsports $5600
Everett Powersports $5757

LiquidYogi screwed with this post 02-13-2013 at 04:11 PM
LiquidYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #3186
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
FMF Q4 not for me

Right after the first of the year, I ordered an FMF Q4 slip-on muffler for my 250L because I liked the idea of the weight savings and the nice look of the muffler and stainless midpipe. Well, after two different short jaunts around town on a couple of nice afternoons, I can now say that the Q4 is a touch too loud for an old guy like me. It's a shame because otherwise I really like the looks of it and it's a heck of a lot lighter than the stock muffler. So this afternoon, I put the stock muffler back on and took a spin around the block and I'm happy once again!Yep, quiet is good for me, but I just had to find out for myself and now I know I like that stock muffler better than I had thought! I'll probably put the Q4 up for sale in the Flea Market forum and maybe someone else can use it on their 250L.
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #3187
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
Right after the first of the year, I ordered an FMF Q4 slip-on muffler for my 250L because I liked the idea of the weight savings and the nice look of the muffler and stainless midpipe. Well, after two different short jaunts around town on a couple of nice afternoons, I can now say that the Q4 is a touch too loud for an old guy like me. It's a shame because otherwise I really like the looks of it and it's a heck of a lot lighter than the stock muffler. So this afternoon, I put the stock muffler back on and took a spin around the block and I'm happy once again!Yep, quiet is good for me, but I just had to find out for myself and now I know I like that stock muffler better than I had thought! I'll probably put the Q4 up for sale in the Flea Market forum and maybe someone else can use it on their 250L.
Same impression here with the Q4, unbearably loud ...

But I made a dBkiller

L
Old 02-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #3188
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post

But I made a dBkiller

L
not sure where but, I read something about an insert you can make to quiet it up a bit. Might be worth researching a bit.

Just a thought.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #3189
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
not sure where but, I read something about an insert you can make to quiet it up a bit. Might be worth researching a bit.

Just a thought.
I read all I could on quieting down the Q4 but couldn't find anything that really looked like it would work withouth a lot of trouble.....and then who knows.....it might not be much quieter at that. I think I'll just move it on to someone else that can use it better than me.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #3190
LiquidYogi
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Does anyone have experience with both the Q4 and the Yoshimura RS-4 full systems and can comment on how loud they are?
LiquidYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #3191
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post

But I made a dBkiller

L
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post

Just a thought.
Isn't this 'insert' you're talking about the dBKiller mentioned in the previous post? Sort of a homemade version of this?

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #3192
goondock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Blinker relay??

YES MORE BLINKER RELATED QUESTIONS..

does anyone know where the blinker relay is located and what it looks like? i was told it is is located under tank, between resistor and ECU. but i pretty much have the bike in peices and cant find it.. i am trying to do it without removing the tank. any help would be great.

Thanks
goondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #3193
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Isn't this 'insert' you're talking about the dBKiller mentioned in the previous post? Sort of a homemade version of this?
I had looked at the dbDawg but didn't think one would work with the bolt that FMF uses now to hold the spark arrestor insert in with.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #3194
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
I had looked at the dbDawg but didn't think one would work with the bolt that FMF uses now to hold the spark arrestor insert in with.
It appears that since the disk that sits outside of the exhaust isn't inserted into the pipe exit, all that would be needed is rotate the dbDawg so as to avoid interference with the part that does go into the pipe exit.

Admittedly, I don't have one to install, but here's pretty good photo of what it looks like.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #3195
goondock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
found this, should help, figured i would post it incase someone else has the same problems:
http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemp...b/wire-harness
goondock is offline   Reply With Quote