Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #3196
Rad_Leo
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaw777 View Post
Any pix without the pad? Not sure I am a big fan of the Pad.
I do have a gps that I mount to the stock bars, wonder if that is a possibility with these bars?
Thanks
I'm not sure how the GPS mount will fit on the larger bars, it might be possible to mount it near the hand controls. Maybe next to the left mirror

Rad_Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #3197
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,123
I'm not sure if you guys wanting to mount a GPS on the fatbars are using a RAM type mount, most GPS mounts are compatible with them, but this could be an option.
I like this setup on my other bikes, nice and clean. I happened to have an extra standard u-clamp mount to put on the LRP, or else I'd have bought the cleaner option, would work with any bars since it goes into the top clamp.

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResul...5/Default.aspx

Similar to this, but cleaner and not bar restricted.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 02-13-2013 at 06:47 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #3198
Red Rider~
Adventurer

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by goondock View Post
found this, should help, figured i would post it incase someone else has the same problems:
http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemp...b/wire-harness
Hi Goondock,
Have you tried using a resister inline with your LED signal? I understand that the stock flasher relay will not cause the LED to flash until you put a resister in line. This is due to the very low power consumption of the LED as compared to an incandescent bulb. I'm converting to LED and ordered these... Will not have a chance to install till March due to work schedule.

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/36/24/583.shtml
Red Rider~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #3199
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
YES MORE BLINKER RELATED QUESTIONS..

does anyone know where the blinker relay is located and what it looks like? i was told it is is located under tank, between resistor and ECU. but i pretty much have the bike in peices and cant find it.. i am trying to do it without removing the tank. any help would be great.

Thanks

I haven't seen the LRP relay, my relay in other bikes have been small and hard to spot, here's something that might help. Or maybe confuse you even more.

Post some photos when you find the elusive Honda relay please.

Relay on different bike, probably much different though.

LostRider.com
Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #3200
goondock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
LED's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I haven't seen the LRP relay, my relay in other bikes have been small and hard to spot, here's something that might help. Or maybe confuse you even more.

Post some photos when you find the elusive Honda relay please.

Relay on different bike, probably much different though.
Thanks lost! i found a diagram of the wiring harness (couple posts back is the link), and figured it out from there it is right above the horn mounted to a little rubber piece. unhooked the relay and unhooked the horn so i could get some slack. cut off the stock plug, kinda scary. hook up the IRC relay and POW! all the blinkers work and blink at stock tempo... Wheeling cycle supply was great help on this as well. I know you aren't into mods ha ha ha kidding, but I will post pictures when i get a chance. looks slick IMO

man i have installed engines in jeeps, changed timing belts on bimmers and subarus, and those damn marker lights kicked my ass. ha.
goondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #3201
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
It appears that since the disk that sits outside of the exhaust isn't inserted into the pipe exit, all that would be needed is rotate the dbDawg so as to avoid interference with the part that does go into the pipe exit.
I think you're correct about the dbDawg......from the picture of it, I can see how it would probably work if you got the one that was the right diameter for the inside of the pipe.
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #3202
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
Thanks lost! i found a diagram of the wiring harness (couple posts back is the link), and figured it out from there it is right above the horn mounted to a little rubber piece. unhooked the relay and unhooked the horn so i could get some slack. cut off the stock plug, kinda scary. hook up the IRC relay and POW! all the blinkers work and blink at stock tempo... Wheeling cycle supply was great help on this as well. I know you aren't into mods ha ha ha kidding, but I will post pictures when i get a chance. looks slick IMO

man i have installed engines in jeeps, changed timing belts on bimmers and subarus, and those damn marker lights kicked my ass. ha.

LOL, glad to help...

yeah, I'm not into Mods.

This started out life as a yellow F800GS.
Won't be doing anything like that to the trusty LRP though.

LostRider.com
Old 02-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #3203
gaan
n00b

Oddometer: 7
emissions label

Anyone know where the emissions label is located? Went to get my out of state LRP inspected at California DMV and inspector was unable to locate it. He thinks it's under the seat but I didn't see it. I don't have the owner's manual.
gaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #3204
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
What's that label on the back fender, isn't that the emission label.

http://rickramsey.net/CRF250Lmods.htm#labels

John

trainman screwed with this post 02-13-2013 at 08:27 PM
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #3205
gaan
n00b

Oddometer: 7
It was purchased with an aftermarket fender. great.
gaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #3206
gaw777
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I'm not sure if you guys wanting to mount a GPS on the fatbars are using a RAM type mount, most GPS mounts are compatible with them, but this could be an option.
I like this setup on my other bikes, nice and clean. I happened to have an extra standard u-clamp mount to put on the LRP, or else I'd have bought the cleaner option, would work with any bars since it goes into the top clamp.

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResul...5/Default.aspx

Similar to this, but cleaner and not bar restricted.
Perfect, I had forgotten about the Ram Mounts.... and I have one
Thanks for the reminder!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #3207
Irish769
Wanna-be

Oddometer: 37
13T installation

If someone wouldn't mind dumbing it down and indulging me for a moment....I have a 13T front sprocket on order. The installation seems pretty straight forward. Please correct me if I'm wrong; slack the chain by way of the adjusters on the rear axle, remove the old sprocket, install the new sprocket, adjust the chain - done. Am I missing anything?
Thanks!
2013 CRF 250L
Irish769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #3208
Sharkfan22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Got an email back from Just Gas Tanks, that IMS have a larger tank out next month, No word on size
Sharkfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #3209
CRFSoCal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
I just installed some new bars and the Highway Dirt Bike handguards. They where a pain to put on. Theres a little bit of tension on them but I assume that is ok. Oh ya I think I like the White plastics better. Does anyone want to trade my extra black ones for some white ones?

CRFSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #3210
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Isn't this 'insert' you're talking about the dBKiller mentioned in the previous post? Sort of a homemade version of this?
I took my inspiration there https://www.google.ch/search?hl=fr&g...KcqStQbVvoGYAQ (Goggle-Image dbkiller)

Unlike the db dwag, this preserves the exhaust area, but creates some "zig-zag" to brake sound waves. Corks less, and thus does not restrict exhaust flow.

This pict was the prototype, made aluminium and connected w/ a ring inside the spark arrestor of the Q4 (a pain to remove) Result was too loud.

After some tries, i made one of steel, longer and almost same diameter than the spark arrator tube (32mm) that fit inside it.
20x 4.5mm holes seems to hit the spot. Sorry no picts of this one.
The result is just a bit louder than stock when throttle wide open, but quite same when cruise.
Performance dosen't seem noticiably affected vs open. EJK is now setted a bit leaner than factory setting for CRFL.

Im happy with the result, plus the added look and weight loss of the FMF exhaust line.

L

Krono screwed with this post 02-14-2013 at 12:20 AM
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote