Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #346
itrack
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Yes we had a CRF250L, KLX250S, WR250X converted to R, KLX300, KTM 200EX, XR250R, and a XT225. Hopefully this week we will all get back together and trade bikes and give you guys some feedback. The KLX owner is shorter and likes the layout of the CRF better and the WR owner liked the lower grunt of the CRF for tight woods riding.
itrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #347
hogan81
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
itrack, love the pic with all the bikes stuck in a row in the mud. There are some decent folding mirrors out there that can be a good option for rides like that one. Those are good days.
Has anyone got a suggestion for replacement mirror that folds that would work good on this bike?
hogan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #348
joec63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan81 View Post
Has anyone got a suggestion for replacement mirror that folds that would work good on this bike?
I like this as a hand guard/mirror solution. Highwaydirtbikes.com.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #349
jasper1986
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I really like this bike, for commuting and casual to semi-aggressive trail riding, but the 320 lb weight is a detractor. Certainly it is not meant to compete with a KTM EXCF, but the weight should still be much less than it is. I still may buy one, though, if I can keep my KDX200 as well.....
jasper1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #350
Wargasm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26.2 View Post
I want a little more preload on the front. Is it possible to make a homemade preload spacer for the front fork? I don't know much about the newer separate function forks that are appearing on more and more bikes. I know the spring resides in the right hand fork however and the cap nut size is 30mm.

you can preload spring with a bit of PVC piping spacer, sounds cheap but it's what most people do, there's a whole process to figuring out the sag and measuring the length of the Spacer you need, google is you're friend here.

As for levers, most of the Big four Japanese companies have mostly standardized lever sizes. I don't know about KTM or BMW, but Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and Kawasaki are all pretty standard. Bikes with hot start levers are the exception though, their perches are different.
Wargasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #351
joec63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
People say these are good:http://www.doubletakemirror.com/build/honda

I really like the HighwayDirtbike setup, but it's pricy.
Can anyone confirm if they fit the bike?
Can't confirm but they have a multitude of top clamps and seems to have all sizes covered. Would of went this route if I didnt have the Cycra.

Good Video on the install and idea of the quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB8mVw0i_8M&feature=plcp
Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #352
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan81 View Post
Believe it or not, the lowly Bikemaster folding unit is a very popular for a lot of the serious riders in the Rockies forum. That's where I saw one first. A lot of the Bikemaster stuff is kind of cheap, but this mirror is well made with extreme adjustability. It also has a tensioning nut system for both the stalk and mirror housing to keep things tightly in place over time. It all folds down toward the handlebar even if you have a crossbar. Good mirror for a good price.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #353
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Ricochet Armor

I just talked to Ricochet. They acknowledged the problem and are working on a fix. They will get a new skid plate out to me as soon as they make the adjustments. A number of people had already called. I knew they would make it right.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #354
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
I just talked to Ricochet. They acknowledged the problem and are working on a fix. They will get a new skid plate out to me as soon as they make the adjustments. A number of people had already called. I knew they would make it right.
Wow, I just got the recall notice. Way to step up Ricochet.

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #355
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundtripping View Post
Wow, I just got the recall notice. Way to step up Ricochet.
Here is the letter I received:

Hello, I'd like to thank you for you order of our new skid plate for the CRF250L. It has come to our attention that there is some issues with the first production run of these plates that we are in the process of resolving. Our new design will have better clearance on the left side and also allow for oil filter removal without removing the skid plate. As you were sent one of these first production versions we want let you know that you will be receiving a replacement skid plate with our updated design free of charge. This plate should ship within the next week. You are not required to reply or do anything further, and you may keep the plate you have. Feel free to call with any further questions or comments. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Michael Gibbs
Ricochet Offroad
1-866-273-1197

That's good customer service, if you ask me.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #356
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,732
Quote:

Hello, I'd like to thank you for you order of our new skid plate for the CRF250L. It has come to our attention that there is some issues with the first production run of these plates that we are in the process of resolving. Our new design will have better clearance on the left side and also allow for oil filter removal without removing the skid plate. As you were sent one of these first production versions we want let you know that you will be receiving a replacement skid plate with our updated design free of charge. This plate should ship within the next week. You are not required to reply or do anything further, and you may keep the plate you have. Feel free to call with any further questions or comments. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Michael Gibbs
Ricochet Offroad
1-866-273-1197

I knew Ricochet Offroad Armor would make things right. They not only manufacture excellent skid plates, they offer superb customer service.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #357
Downstater
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
Dibs if anyone wants to get rid of the first-batch skid plate for a 'damaged goods' price
I will also gladly take one of the first run skid plates off of one of u guys if interested. I will happily bend/cut one of these to make it work... If the price is right . Any takers? I'm near Philly and will send a check or money order.
Downstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #358
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 831
Quote:

Regards,
Michael Gibbs
Ricochet Offroad
1-866-273-1197

I got the same email - They rock, awesome customer service!

In Loving Memory of Cruzin2B 1953 - 2014
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #359
rcan08
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Laugh

I just got the recall email, great customer service!
Randy
Old 10-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #360
dsn11487
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:

Regards,
Michael Gibbs
Ricochet Offroad
1-866-273-1197

Awesome, They have my business once the second batches get made and I see several of you with pics and happy reviews.