Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #3601
Oldtimer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouse View Post
Just want to say hi to all the CRF250L owners. Soon to be owner here. I just put a deposit on one since the 3 that came in sold in 2 days. Two more are coming soon and one is mine! After taking pictures at the motorcycle show here in Moncton and spending 2 days there I realized that it was time to move up from my 50cc scooter! I went through most of this long thread skipping over the flare ups and lots of good information here!

Any other CRF250L riders from Southeast New Brunswick?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
This is off topic and I humbly ask for forgivenss but, Bighouse, have you heard of Team Toys?
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #3602
Bighouse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
No I have never heard of them...
Bighouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #3603
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,660
Quote:
Cool thanks for the info Spud. So these would be dot approved even if there is no yellow blinker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
Probably not...for example California has a minimum center-to-center distance on rear turn signals...I seem to recall 9"....at one time Baja Designs had all that stuff on their website, but I haven't been there for years
I agree with Ed. The integrated turn signals are probably not DOT approved. As always, I suggest you check with your local DMV and state police to see if the integrated turn signals are legal in your state.

I live in Idaho, where turn signals are not required for street-legal motorcycles. Therefore, the integrated turn signals are perfectly legal here. However, many states have more stringent laws than Idaho regarding motorcycle turn signals. In Idaho a motorcycle only needs a tail light, brake light, headlight, horn, and a single mirror to qualify for a license plate. For example, here are some photographs of my street-legal, Honda CRF250X.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 12:10 PM
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #3604
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
I agree with Ed. The integrated turn signals are probably not DOT approved. As always, I suggest you check with your local DMV and state police to see if the integrated turn signals are legal in your state.

I live in Idaho, where turn signals are not required for street-legal motorcycles. Therefore, the integrated turn signals are perfectly legal here. However, many states have more stringent laws than Idaho regarding motorcycle turn signals. In Idaho a motorcycle only needs a tail light, brake light, headlight, horn, and a single mirror to qualify for a license plate. For example, here are some photographs of my street-legal, Honda CRF250X.

Spud
Nice pics Spud, doesn't look like many LEO's out there!

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #3605
callison
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
DRC is indeed lightweight/slick. Laws vary by state, some states require separate turn signals, nearby MA is one. I was told this by someone who does state inspections there. http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...tate-Laws.aspx
Brilliant, thank you for the link, I live in NC and this has been driving me crazy:

Quote:
Traffic Actuated Signals
Affirmative Defense - may move cautiously through a steady red indicator after coming to a complete stop and waiting a minimum of 3 minutes; N.C.G.S. 20-158, (e)
Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #3606
Dago52
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Yeah, Rob is correct. A good easy way to think about this is how a bicycle with at least 10 speeds work or even better 15-18 speeds. Depending on your number of gears, you either had 2-3 sprockets up front and 5-7 sprockets on the rear.

If you went to the smaller sprockets on the front and/or larger sprockets on the back, it made it easier to climb hills, but your feet on the pedals turned many more revolutions to go the same speed. If you really wanted to go fast down hill, you went to the big gears up front and small gears in back and it became much harder to pedal, but you could go much faster with less revolutions of the pedals.

Sprocket changes on a motorcycle basically has the same "overall" affect to your final gearing on the bike.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Dago52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #3607
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Just want to say hi to all the CRF250L owners. Soon to be owner here. I just put a deposit on one since the 3 that came in sold in 2 days. Two more are coming soon and one is mine! After taking pictures at the motorcycle show here in Moncton and spending 2 days there I realized that it was time to move up from my 50cc scooter! I went through most of this long thread skipping over the flare ups and lots of good information here!

Any other CRF250L riders from Southeast New Brunswick?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Central NS here, Toy's for Big boys the Honda dealer there still? Haven't ever been there but thinking of heading up that way to Atlantic Motoplex to see what they got for riding gear. Congrats and I'm sure you'll love it for commuting round Moncton!! (such a well layed out area, compared to Halifax for a DS bike IMHO)
Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #3608
Tnutt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Aux lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithy View Post
Back on topic...

I love the Highway Dirtbikes setup on Rox Risers. I mostly went with the HDB setup for a place to mount Powerlets and switches. Works really well and is solid. I used KX High Protaper Contours.

I was skeptical about the mirrors, but decided to try them anyway. They give a nice view...bigger than what I thought they would.

Also tested out the Rotopax setup. Decided on that vs a bigger tank.

I saw some where but was wanting to know how you and anyone else is mouting there aux. lights! Also is there a certain watt i shouldnt go above if i want to run heated gear?
Tnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #3609
Bighouse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
So nice to hear from other Maritimers! :-) Yes toys for big boys is where I am buying my Crf250l. Atlantic motoplex I haven't been there since last summer but they have lots of gear there. That is where I bought my Yamaha scooter. I agree about Halifax, not to dis on the city but I would find it very scary riding around there. Just have to be that much more aware. Pedestrians are getting run over quite a bit over there so drivers and walkers aren't being careful. Anyways I really like it around Moncton. I can't wait to head out to Albert County and Funny National Park. There is a nice trail that brings you down to Martin's head right on the beach for a bit of playing in the sand. :-)
Bighouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #3610
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
So nice to hear from other Maritimers! :-)
Yes Sir, indeed...PM sent about the Maritimes

Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #3611
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Nice pics Spud, doesn't look like many LEO's out there!
Thank you. Unless you are riding recklessly, the police don't bother motorcyclists in Idaho.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 12:09 AM
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #3612
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
You got that backwards. You go with fewer teeth on the front and/or more on the rear to lower gearing (higher numerical)
oops! sorry! got the words back to front.

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #3613
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
oops! sorry! got the words back to front.
Always remember to wipe front to back, though!

2012 Stelvio NTX
2010 Bonneville T100
Demar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #3614
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Spud, that looks lovely! :)

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #3615
Telemarktumalo
Coffee Achiever

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by emreturkeli View Post
I just got this question mark on my head...

My Cycras with the front triple mount kit is on the way, also my ROX 2" Pivot Risers with Protaper Contour CX HighBend bars

But the question is when the handlebars are 2" high with the risers, but the CYCRA hand guard center connections are not on the bar directly but connected by the triple mount kit, would they remain lower in the centre??
I am running the Cycra hand guards with an Easton bar and risers. The guards require a bit of tweaking but will fit. Plan to use your bench vise for some old school bending of the Cycras. Be strong and be patient. Don't overdo it. A slight bend goes a long way. When it is all said and done, the guards are in a perfect position for hand protection.

Telemarktumalo is offline   Reply With Quote