Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #3856
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpa7 View Post
Finally, the new 12'o Clock Labs tail-light and Seat concepts seat on.

Nice!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #3857
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrauberklaus View Post
Dit 250 km today with the moded Airfilter .
Engine pulls a little bit stonger ,revs a little bit faster .
Top Speed 125 km/h at half throttle , no problems .
Guess now i need more gas , the PGM FI even with the disconectetd
Lamda probe deliver enough .

Nice mod. Is that reusable dry filter material off the toyota filter? I really like that idea. Did you add extra foam around the perimeter? I see what looks to be that in the photo.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #3858
Schrauberklaus
***ifyer

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBlackIrish View Post
Nice mod. Is that reusable dry filter material off the toyota filter? I really like that idea. Did you add extra foam around the perimeter? I see what looks to be that in the photo.
Foam on the perimeter is Original , The Filter material is not Toyota spezific
its called Hurricane Filters , Here you can buy that Filters for many different Cars . It needs just to be a big one .
Its very very fine stainless Steel mesh , on my XR/XL i wash it out every Oil change .
Honda XR 280 R Sumo 04 , Honda XR 250 Baja 98
Yamaha Speed MX ( 2 Stroke ) 01 ,CRF250L 13
Schrauberklaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #3859
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Real View Post
Hello my name is Darrell and I have been lurking your guy's thread for a couple weeks. I have dreamed of riding a dual sport for a long time.

My only riding experience is from my childhood riding an old XR75 and an XR80. I had an ATV later in life, a Rincoln650. Also I rode a moped at sixteen. It only lasted a few months because I always took it off road. Maybe that's when the dream began.

Fast forward to today, I will be 34 in a month and my girlfriend thinks I'm having a crisis but I'm the proud owner of a new shiny red crf250l. I put about two miles on it so far. im pretty stoked. I need to get some riding gear, boots, pants, jacket. I will probably mostly keep lurking. Thanks for reading, have a nice day.

Welcome to the party!
Doesn't sound like any kind of crisis to me, just following your dreams with a sensible choice in bikes.
Looks like you have your priorities right in getting gear first, I'm assuming you a MC license and have taken the MSF course? If not good place to start, though what they teach won't directly transfer over to dirt riding.
Either way good luck and have fun on your new bike!

Yesterday I took the LRP out for some proper testing with the Bazzaz controller and am pleased with the outcome. To me, it seemed I was having to shift less and the bike has an improved ability to pull itself in higher gears at lower RPM's. All around a noticeable improvement using the Power map. Hardly a scientific test, but I was able to climb some familiar hills in 2nd or even 3rd gear where I was not able to before, or hold highway speeds in the twisties going up mountains.

I did need to carry extra fuel for this ride, and I have to say having 2 gallons of fuel on the back sucked for trail riding, bad place to store fuel and very noticeable in the handling, but to be expected.... looking forward to getting an IMS tank, too bad they didn't make it bigger.

Here's a boring video some of the places I was riding with little effort put into editing, just a reference as to how the LRP tackled some hills, and even passed a couple of KTM's with ease.

[IMG][/IMG]

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 03-17-2013 at 09:16 AM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #3860
Trollisfed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Glad to hear you are happy with your "seat of the pants" test, and all of your other contributions on this bike. Thanks for video, it helps us in the great white north ease the pain (a little bit) of waiting to ride. It also made me order some handguards for my soon to be mine bike!

John
Trollisfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #3861
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Another great video from Team Lost! What tires did you have on when you were zipping along the highway? I will be ordering a EJK tuner today, can't wait to feel the improvement. The area I want to see improved is the low end, going up some steep hills this weekend (with no room to get momentum) I did have to slip the clutch a bit while in second gear so as to not stall out, still made it up but a wee bit more power would be nice.
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #3862
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrauberklaus View Post
Dit 250 km today with the moded Airfilter .
Engine pulls a little bit stonger ,revs a little bit faster .
Top Speed 125 km/h at half throttle , no problems .
Guess now i need more gas , the PGM FI even with the disconectetd
Lamda probe deliver enough .
Very interesting; how many kilometers are you getting on a full tank of gas?
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #3863
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi5 View Post
Another great video from Team Lost! What tires did you have on when you were zipping along the highway?

Thanks!

Just mounted a fresh D606 rear and still running a Pirelli XC front with 2400 miles on it. I just love passing folks in the twisties, on knobbies, on a 250. I was surely having more fun that the guys hauling their bikes in a truck.

Go LRP!

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #3864
streaks77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Thumb Big week for mods

Was busy this weekend with new goodies. Got a Flatland rear rack and DRC Edge tail light installed. Decided to keep the stock blinkers and integrate into the tail light....turned out fine and works great!
Also had a chance to install Symtec grip warmers over stock grips and cover with grip puppies. Very easy install...hardest part was deciding where to grab power, decided that the low draw new tail light would be fine.
Put the rocker switch on the right side of the tank fairing flush in the plastic...really pleased with how it looks, we'll see how I like placement over time.
I now have no excuse to avoid cool weather riding
streaks77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #3865
streaks77
Adventurer

Forgot to mention that this was the universal tail light, had to shape to fit my bike, but was relatively easy to do.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #3866
Irish769
Wanna-be

Oddometer: 36
Hey Lost,
Another great video. It brought back some awesome memories. I spent several years on a USFS Hot Shot crew based in Colorado. We spent most of our time in So Cal. I can almost smell the smoke and feel the blisters from humping hundreds of miles in country just like that. Coulda used a LRP back then to tote that big Stihl and can of gas etc. ! Suddenly I feel old.........
2013 CRF 250L
Irish769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #3867
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaks77 View Post
Forgot to mention that this was the universal tail light, had to shape to fit my bike, but was relatively easy to do.
Hey streaks, did you chop the universal tail light mount or the bike plastics...or both? Got any pics mid process?

Cheers
Turk
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #3868
streaks77
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
Hey streaks, did you chop the universal tail light mount or the bike plastics...or both? Got any pics mid process?

Cheers
Turk
Didn't have to chop the bike at all, did have to chop the mount a bit to make it sit flush on the mounting holes and then drill holes in the right place.... All plastic mount so really easy to work with. It's so light that I'm not really concerned about it holding up.

The flatland rack mounts using those same holes and holds both the tail light and rack on with the same bolts, getting both lined up was somewhat painful, but patience always pays off.

Sorry no install pics, if I have to tear it down for any reason, will be sure to post some then.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #3869
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 97
Cheers! I had the tail off earlier just to have a peek and it did look somewhat straightforward. I noticed that the four bolts were PROPER tight though...must have been the biggest guy in the shop that tightened them!
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #3870
Schrauberklaus
***ifyer

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi5 View Post
Very interesting; how many kilometers are you getting on a full tank of gas?
Never check it , ride for fun not for good mpg's.
Honda XR 280 R Sumo 04 , Honda XR 250 Baja 98
Yamaha Speed MX ( 2 Stroke ) 01 ,CRF250L 13
Schrauberklaus is offline   Reply With Quote