Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 01:37 AM   #4081
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
ah ok, i thought so. So it is not much less weight than the original heavy bracket.

Spud, lovely place to ride.
The chain roller, maybe i'll get to making a chain guide that fits with bigger sprockets, and use the best roller wheel i can find - maybe.

CRFSoCal...
Quote:
So I took the LRP on the freeway today and it wobbles a little. Is it the wind or the knobby tire?
I think it's the tire. My KDX is really stable with more knobby tires, though. So i think it's just something with these tires.

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:07 AM   #4082
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Leo Vince exhaust pic

I emailed Leo Vince about the upcoming exhaust that tirebiter mentioned . They sent me a nice pic and said that it'll weigh 5.64 KG stock vs 2.82 KG (or 12.43 lbs vs 6.21 lbs for us less metrically inclined people ).

To start fitting my MoJavi, I had removed the white plastic and heat shield from the stock exhaust. It weighed just over a pound by itself fwiw if you want to somehow mount the stock heat shield on the aftermarket exhaust; I assume with pipe clamps or some such . There are standoffs on the stock pipe as well of course.

The Leo Vince is so pretty, kind of a shame to cover it up! No mention of db's so I hope that tirebiter, you can still persuade them to get a reading at their place.

08 Beta Rev3 125
tilliejacques is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #4083
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFSoCal View Post
So I took the LRP on the freeway today and it wobbles a little. Is it the wind or the knobby tire?
It's mostly the rider and the wind affecting the rider. The wind hits the rider moving them around and allowing it to transfer back into the bike. When riding a small lightweight bike like the LRP, rider inputs have a lot of effect at higher speeds.

Now with that said, certain knobbies are less stable than others, but pay attention to your input to the bars and how relaxed you are or how much you are fighting the wind. Loosen up your grip on the bars and relax some. Lean into the wind so you aren't having to hold on to stay on the bike.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #4084
Jim331656
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Could be the tire but I actually was surprised how smooth the stock tire was on the street. I would lean more to the wind affecting a strait up sitting rider with two big mirrors sticking up high. How much riding experience do you have?
Jim331656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #4085
CRFSoCal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim331656 View Post
Could be the tire but I actually was surprised how smooth the stock tire was on the street. I would lean more to the wind affecting a strait up sitting rider with two big mirrors sticking up high. How much riding experience do you have?
I have about a year of experience but nothing on the freeway just street. I don't have the stock mirrors. I have the high way dirt bike mirrors and hand guards. I will try again and see what happens.
CRFSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #4086
Jim331656
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
I have about a year of experience but nothing on the freeway just street. I don't have the stock mirrors. I have the high way dirt bike mirrors and hand guards. I will try again and see what happens.
I kind of had an ah ha moment after I had some mileage on my Duc. The faster you go the more stable the bike will be but the more sensitive it is even to the slightest input. If you get a little wiggle let it wiggle. Trying to make corrections makes it worse most of the time. Holding on too tight makes it worse most of the time. Kind of counter to what everything in your mind tells you. I still tell myself to relax and stay lose.
Jim331656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #4087
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,418
BOISMJ03:

Is that a RAM mount holding your Nuvi?

What kinda heated grips?

Sweet setup!
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #4088
clfarren5944
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Seat Concepts

Hooray for my new Seat Concepts saddle!! So much better than stock. Width more closely matches the width of my butt!
Chris
clfarren5944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #4089
CRFSoCal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Has anyone put a Scott's stabilizer in the crf yet?
CRFSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #4090
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by billfires View Post
Has anyone mounted a removeable top box yet? I am going to start riding the bike to work and need secure, waterproof storage, but I would like it to be easily removeable when not needed. I don't need a lot of capacity (change of clothes, lunch, and my portable radio). Thanks, Bill
J.C. Whitney is once again selling the travel trunks! They are now called Garage Pro Travel Trunks. The large travel trunk is on sale for $44.95, with free delivery, if you order before Monday! In addition, you can get another 10 percent off the price by using the promo code "zoom10."

http://www.jcwhitney.com/garage-pro-...58683y1989u0j1

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #4091
Irish769
Wanna-be

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaw777 View Post
Anyone mounted the Cycra Series One Alloy Bar Pack hard guards with the triple clamp front mount system. Do they work together??
Like these:
http://store.cycraracing.com/seonealbarpa2.html

Thanks
The overall shape of the aluminum "heart" of that Cycra looks the same as the Pro Bend Bar Pack I have. I have the triple tree front mounts and they're great. I'm betting those will fit.
2013 CRF 250L
Irish769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #4092
carlclaflin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
ah ok, i thought so. So it is not much less weight than the original heavy bracket.

Spud, lovely place to ride.
The chain roller, maybe i'll get to making a chain guide that fits with bigger sprockets, and use the best roller wheel i can find - maybe.

CRFSoCal...

I think it's the tire. My KDX is really stable with more knobby tires, though. So i think it's just something with these tires.

i had the same thing on my bike, once i increased the tire pressure from 10psi -18psi (max32) things smoothed out. you just need to find that balance of air pressure for street and dirt.
carlclaflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:01 AM   #4093
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
J.C. Whitney is once again selling the travel trunks! They are now called Garage Pro Travel Trunks. The large travel trunk is on sale for $44.95, with free delivery, if you order before Monday! In addition, you can get another 10 percent off the price by using the promo code "zoom10."

http://www.jcwhitney.com/garage-pro-...58683y1989u0j1

Spud
So did you use the plastic mount as a template to fabricate a metal one? I assume it came with a plastic one.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:46 AM   #4094
Boismj03
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
BOISMJ03:

Is that a RAM mount holding your Nuvi?
yes http://www.rammount.com/Default.aspx?tabid=68

What kinda heated grips?
cheap ones! go with moose racing
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...armer-Kit.aspx

Sweet setup!
Thanks
Old 03-30-2013, 05:57 AM   #4095
carlclaflin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlclaflin View Post
howdy,
all you new crf250l owners. while out enjoying your toy, riding some dirt. which of yous have fallen and damaged your radiator? I'm comparing the new 2013 crf250l and 2013 xt250 - yamaha. my skill is level is 1, so i differently anticipate in dropping it...alot. i currently have a 1994 yamaha xt225, which i dropped quite a bit last summer flinging some mud around. I have a nice NEW scare on my shin.
any takers? it just seems that the location of the radiator, it would be a easy smash. my little putt-putt is air cooled, so no need to worry on that. I'm just looking for input, to help me decide which bike to buy.
carlclaflin is offline   Reply With Quote