Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #4516
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksy View Post
I am looking to sell my 2013 Honda CRF 250l dual sport. I have installed new sprockets changing the gearing from 14/40 (stock) to 13/42. I have installed an FMF Powercore 4 muffler on it. I have installed new handlebar grips. I have installed a yoshimura fender eliminating kit with LED light. This bike has less then 1,000 miles on it. It is fuel injected, chain driven, and electric start (so no struggling with kick starting) The bike has been dropped a few times but no major damage was done just minor scratches that are typical when riding off road. It still looks clean and rides better then stock because of the modifications. The only reason I am looking to sell this bike is to buy a touring bike for my wife and I, otherwise I would keep it. Please email me if you are interested. I am not looking to make money off of this bike, just to break even. I will include a helmet, gloves, honda book bag, a rear luggage rack, all the original parts, and a motorcycle cover if purchased. Email me at kmjinks@yahoo.com or call me 804-477-5446.
Post it on the minimalist thread, everybody here's got one: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201349

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #4517
Jinksy
- Jinksy

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Post it on the minimalist thread, everybody here's got one: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201349
Thanks man
Jinksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #4518
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead88 View Post
Anybody know of a place I can look at dyno comparisons for different mods on the 250l? Or at least a place that compares exhausts?

I just bought the Q4 megabomb combo and I dont think I like the Q4. Its a great pipe and many people tell me they think its a 450 but Id like to hear what some other pipes sound like. I was looking at the yosh but saw one video where it looked very ugly on the bike. I like to looks of the big gun evoR but have a feeling it doesnt have the best power and the 4.1 is an option also

Youtube videos suck for sound comparisons

Here's the graph from our bike at Bazzaz both colors with the fuel controller, RED with yoshi exhaust, BLUE with stock exhaust.
It pretty much shows what the tuner told me and I felt - there's very little gain from just a pipe, actually with stock exhaust the bike makes more usable torque and pulls harder in RPM ranges that I'll actually be riding in, 5-7000 RPM's.
A few extra HP @ 9000-10,000 RPM doesn't really help much IMHO, who rides with the bike completely wound out?, it's all about low/mid range torque/power, for us at least.
I liked the way the Yoshi looked and would welcome the little weight savings, but since it actually took away from the power range that interests us and was a bit loud we kept the OEM.
Seems like Honda might have actually known with what they are doing, making the bike better for trail riding with the OEM exhaust. Changing the back pressure and tuning the engine to perform more like the CBR with higher HP output isn't necessarily going to be an improvement for DS use.

Hope this graph help figure out what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksy View Post
I am looking to sell my 2013 Honda CRF 250l dual sport.

Generally folks can make more money by putting their bikes back to stock and selling the extra parts separately.
50 or even 25 cents on the dollar or less the stuff adds value to the bike, unless you find the perfect buyer who wants those exact mods. I bet there's plenty of folks in here that would buy your extras at a fair used price.

You might want to just put an ad in BIkes section of the Flea Market here on ADV, that's where people looking to buy bikes are looking usually and the mods will probably delete your FS posts in these Bike forums.

Good luck with your sale and future bike, got to keep the wife happy and 2 up touring can be lots of fun too.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #4519
cabezagrande
magically delicious

Oddometer: 21
Great week in Moab on the LRP

Fantastic five days riding in Moab! Very happy with the performance of the bike over the week.

Bike is pretty much all set (for this year). Went with DirtBagz (love them), Cycra ProBends, Flatlands skid plate and radiator guard (CRF's Only), rear rack (CRF's Only), Renthal Trials-Hi handlebars, bar risers (Amazon), tool tube and new grips.
cabezagrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #4520
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezagrande View Post
Fantastic five days riding in Moab!

Awesome!

Great photo, pretty crazy looking trail.... I'm envious of you getting to ride the LRP in such a beautiful place.
Hope you have a few more photos to share!

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #4521
Copperhead88
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Thanks for the chart lost. I wont be getting the yoshi then. Have you heard any reviews on the Big gun revo? Or the Q4 compared to the Powercore 4?

My butt dyno says the Q4 with no sprocket or fuel controller produced noticeable gains across the board but I suppose I could be mistaken in the mid range. I know for a fact that it is more snappy on the bottom and Ive got an extra 5mph on top with the core removed 2mph with it in.

It looks like the yosh did the same on top and bottom so Im curious to see what the Q4 does on the dyno for mid range. But I also find it hard to believe that an OEM pipe has a fighting chance against ANY after market pipe.

I know on the TRX450r the fmf muffler portions actually reduce horsepower in some cases but the header coupled with other slip on's produce some of the best power available. Maybe Yosh has the same missfortune on this bike?

Copperhead88 screwed with this post 04-28-2013 at 07:53 PM
Copperhead88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #4522
RockRacing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
I'm putting my money on #1 being the throttle position sensor.
RockRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #4523
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Has anyone run an MT21 front on the LRP? I'm wondering what sort of on- and off-road performance change I would see vs. the stock tires.
Auto-X Fil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #4524
callison
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Just ordered a D606 120/90-18 from motorcyclesuperstore, free shipping, enter discount code M159-Dunlop-5%, for $88.34. The weather has been so good, my original rear will be toast soon. Sale ends 4/30/13 11:59 PM.

edit: They charged me for shipping, WTF. Sent an inquiry, we'll see.

another edit: They responded that the discount dropped me below the free shipping amount, but are fixing it, so it does ship free.
I'm in need of a new back tire as well, 3000+ miles so far. Was about to pull the trigger at MC-SS but they didn't want to hook up the free shipping like they did for you. They were trying to get me to order something else to bump the total up over $89 so I passed.

Bummer
Old 04-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #4525
cabezagrande
magically delicious

Oddometer: 21
Thanks Lost! Working on the photo thing. Should have given you credit for the Tool Tube concept, it worked great and held up incredibly well.
cabezagrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #4526
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by callison View Post
I'm in need of a new back tire as well, 3000+ miles so far. Was about to pull the trigger at MC-SS but they didn't want to hook up the free shipping like they did for you. They were trying to get me to order something else to bump the total up over $89 so I passed.

Bummer
That's a shame. I've bought from them before, so I get emails about sales. I can probably get many more miles on the original tire, but figured they wouldn't be on sale when that time came. Might still be a good price without the discount + free shipping, I didn't scour the web. Some local places will match prices, so you add the tax, but no shipping cost. I'm at 1,750 miles due to crappy weather since delivery date of 12/13.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #4527
callison
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
That's a shame. I've bought from them before, so I get emails about sales. I can probably get many more miles on the original tire, but figured they wouldn't be on sale when that time came. Might still be a good price without the discount + free shipping, I didn't scour the web. Some local places will match prices, so you add the tax, but no shipping cost.
I was going to try to hold out until I could talk to the local Honda shop where I bought the bike, if they're comparable on price I'd be happy to pay a couple extra dollars to give them my business.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #4528
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by callison View Post
I was going to try to hold out until I could talk to the local Honda shop where I bought the bike, if they're comparable on price I'd be happy to pay a couple extra dollars to give them my business.
Internet is OK, but local places, are good to stay friendly with, "throw them a bone", as it where, once in a while. I'll be mounting it myself, and greasing the swingarm, and shock linkage at the same time. Do the TUbliss conversion also.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #4529
Vspec
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezagrande View Post
Bike is pretty much all set (for this year). Went with DirtBagz (love them), Cycra ProBends, Flatlands skid plate and radiator guard (CRF's Only), rear rack (CRF's Only), Renthal Trials-Hi handlebars, bar risers (Amazon), tool tube and new grips.
Which mount did you use with the ProBend?
Vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #4530
jjustj
cum petris et choris

Oddometer: 5,342
found this link to the development of beloved crf 250L

http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/ar...spx?id=6898-en if this has been posted before..let me know and ill happily delete it!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote