Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #4576
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 96
Finally got to take my bike properly onto the trails. Went with a buddy who also has a LRP...

What a fapping great bike this is!!!
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #4577
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
Finally got to take my bike properly onto the trails. Went with a buddy who also has a LRP...

What a fapping great bike this is!!!
Twins! Is that a rear tire swap out already? And somebody's swapped out the front brake loop.

"I think I spent the dog food money, but he'll love me just the same. And if you really love me baby, you'll help me scrape the mucus off my brain". Ween

SAPB screwed with this post 05-01-2013 at 01:45 PM
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #4578
Turk
'Bab Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Twins! Is that a rear tire swap out already? And somebody's swapped out the front brake loop.
Those are the tyres that come as standard here (Turkey). They're pretty good on tarmac, and I found them fine on all surfaces so far (I'm no dirt bike expert mind).

I think the dealer mounted the brake hose in a different way so it doesn't stick out as much.

I think the US version may have slight differences, like the tyres and also the license plate light....which is smaller on our bikes?
Old 05-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #4579
Jon_PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
Question Cycra ProBend CRM (Center Reach Mount)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezagrande View Post
The Cycra ProBend CRM (Center Reach Mount) for 7/8 inch bars is what I went with. They fit on the stock and on the new Renthal bars.
I just got those and have a question.

I held them up to the factory bars and it appears there may be clearance issues on the right side with the master cylinder, hoses, and cables.

Did you have to relocate/move around, adjust any of those things to get them mounted?

If you have a close-up picture of them mounted that would be great.

Thanks,

Jon...
Old 05-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #4580
Saleendude07
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Welcome to the club!

You're right, this bike is a big deal!
It's opening the door for a lot of people to get into dual sport riding, along with being a perfect bike for not so new the adv life and that's a good thing.

Enjoy, and take some photos!
I will get some up when the exhaust comes in. Her is it the day it came home with me.
Saleendude07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #4581
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_PDX View Post

I held them up to the factory bars and it appears there may be clearance issues on the right side with the master cylinder, hoses, and cables.

Did you have to relocate/move around, adjust any of those things to get them mounted?

Thanks,

Jon...
Pretty sure those are the ones I've got. Mount them with everything loose, and jiggle them around until they kinda sorta fit, then tighten them up. I did have to take a hacksaw to the plastic part on the right side, so to clear the throttle cables, after all the metal stuff was tight. Also, the throttle tube has to be cut back 1/8" past the metal part, otherwise is will rub on it, and cause improper throttle return. Way easier to do this before the end thing is in. I think I had to cut one of the zip ties that holds the wiring thing on the left side also. Bars are likely to get scratched up, get over it...........

"I think I spent the dog food money, but he'll love me just the same. And if you really love me baby, you'll help me scrape the mucus off my brain". Ween

SAPB screwed with this post 05-01-2013 at 04:03 PM
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #4582
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamanprod View Post
New Racetech Rear suspension, front springs and valves installed today. Gosh! It feels so different! Being a 200 LB Rider. I feel like like not only does the suspension feel more plush, but it ads way more "effective" suspension. As my weight alone probably killed an inch or two of stock, that is now available with aftermarket. Hitting trails this weekend!
 photo a6d9a7af-4c00-4e2f-b370-21b026fe35a0_zps6700d606.jpg

Congrats !!!
I believe the suspension is the best mod you can do to this bike. I also have the full Race Tech set up. It's just one of those things that no one can understand until they ride the bike.
It's a real nice feeling knowing your suspension can handle about everything you encounter including jumps.
I upgraded my suspension because I ride MX track with my boy but, I had no idea how well it would behave on the street !!!
Now I want some supermoto wheels and tires.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #4583
Jon_PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_PDX View Post

Thanks,

Jon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Pretty sure those are the ones I've got. Mount them with everything loose, and jiggle them around until they kinda sorta fit, then tighten them up. I did have to take a hacksaw to the plastic part on the right side, so to clear the throttle cables, after all the metal stuff was tight. Also, the throttle tube has to be cut back 1/8" past the metal part, otherwise is will rub on it, and cause improper throttle return. Way easier to do this before the end thing is in. I think I had to cut one of the zip ties that holds the wiring thing on the left side also. Bars are likely to get scratched up, get over it...........
Thanks for the reply, I kinda figured that would be the case. Just did not want to start cutting stuff up before checking first.

Regarding the throttle tube trimming. I noticed a lot of folks cut quite a bit off the throttle tube.

On my DR650 I purchased some spacers that went between the end of the bar and the guard that spaced them out to clear the throttle tube and also allow for full length levers.

From this page...
http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html#controls

They have different tapers on each side to fit different size bars. If I had a lathe I would make some.

Jon...
Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #4584
Oldtimer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Ventura eh? I live near Ojai/Oak View, swing on by sometime to compare bikes or shoot the shit. I can't ride but am home all the time right now...
We could do some testing for bikes with and without controllers maybe...

Moving to westlake village in a week so make it quick, or come out there too if it's closer. -Finn
I spent 57 years in Simi Valley before I told myself I needed a change and moved half way across the country. Westlake Village is a nice area but Ojai offers some nice riding areas.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:00 AM   #4585
Sypie
n00b

Oddometer: 1
New

Hi guys. Dont know if this is the right thread. I also own a CRF 250 L, Great bike! I am from South-Africa.
Not much aftermarket parts availible here. See some nice US sites. Also want to put on a few aftermarket parts on.
Sypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #4586
Buckshot77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypie View Post
Hi guys. Dont know if this is the right thread. I also own a CRF 250 L, Great bike! I am from South-Africa.
Not much aftermarket parts availible here. See some nice US sites. Also want to put on a few aftermarket parts on.
Cool,I'd trade rides with you today,I've never ridden around elephants and gazelles! Lol. That'd be awesome..

Call some of those u.s. suppliers direct and tell em your deal.
Same story way way way up here a few hours from the u.s. border and on average the promised 5-6 day shipping usually takes 3 weeks..overnight if I was the few hrs further south tho.
Buckshot77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #4587
Brandon805
Get the camera

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Ventura eh? I live near Ojai/Oak View, swing on by sometime to compare bikes or shoot the shit. I can't ride but am home all the time right now...
We could do some testing for bikes with and without controllers maybe...

Moving to westlake village in a week so make it quick, or come out there too if it's closer.

-Finn
Yes sir, Thousand Oaks actually so westlake village is extremely close. A daily ride in fact, the girlfriend lives in oak park so I'm constantly traveling through the area. I'd love to compare and tinker. I don't see myself heading to Ventura before your move, but let me know when you're here, I can tell you where to get the best bagels in town.
Brandon805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #4588
Brandon805
Get the camera

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Cool, will let you know. The LRP and the rest of our bikes are there already, some ADV folks helped me move them. We move Wednesday, right on lake Sherwood.... If it all doesn't burn down...;(

Would be cool to meet and compare.... I might have some goodies for your bike too.

Mobile ADV Fix Complete
Awesome, looking forward to it. Sherwood is a very nice place to call home. A very close friend of mine lives there behind the gates. We spent many a day cruising around the lake, good times.

I got pretty far behind enemy lines today regarding the fire. I do believe there were some people mentioned on the news that I may or may not have been associated with At one point I was standing along a ridge-line, where after several vocal attempts by a heli to get us away, he instead doused everybody on the ridge with about 500 gallons. I suddenly found a new pep in my step.

In other news, I installed the Q4 today (sans header and fuel programmer) and am pleasantly surprised. There is definitely more volume pumped from the LRP now but not too much. Definitely a bit more scoot too. The muffler is louder when accelerating but once up to speed quiets significantly. Now I can't wait to get the header and programmer. I'm certain that boost in power will be noticeable, and I've heard adding the megabomb will actually help quiet the machine down if even one db.

In short, Q4 is great!
Brandon805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #4589
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypie View Post

Welcome to the party, you are in the right spot!

I hope you can post some photos of your bike and where you ride.

Right on Brandon, I'll be in touch.

-Finn

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:05 AM   #4590
Turk
'Bab Man

Front sprocket change, any tips as I've never changed one before?

Does the chain need to be slackened first? Bike in gear? Any info appreciated ;)