Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #5281
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vspec View Post
I am still looking for a tail bag for the manrack. Many here run the Wolfman Peak but I am afraid it is too tall to kick my leg over in the tight wooden trails.

Then enduro tool bag is just a tad too small for my needs. The Dirt Bike Gear Large Fender Bag is just a tad too narrow at 6" but perfect in length and height.
I have a top case that I got, but now don't like. I believe that Peak bag will be my next choice. Just poke your leg over the seat like threading a needle pointing at the other peg, instead of slinging your leg over. Or mount your left foot on the peg first. The rear shock compresses quite a bit once your arse is in the seat, then kick the side stand up. The Givi mount system has tabs, that, when the top case isn't there, catches boot laces. D'oh, now I need MX boots.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf

SAPB screwed with this post 07-09-2013 at 12:43 PM
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #5282
ScootToots
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vspec View Post
I am still looking for a tail bag for the manrack. Many here run the Wolfman Peak but I am afraid it is too tall to kick my leg over in the tight wooden trails.

Then enduro tool bag is just a tad too small for my needs. The Dirt Bike Gear Large Fender Bag is just a tad too narrow at 6" but perfect in length and height.
I really like the Motocentric Tail bag. I did a bit of a write up on it here: http://scoottoots.com/clydes-new-acc...-and-gas-pack/

You'll never swing your leg over a tail bag. You have to cock your leg as you swing it over the saddle, raising your foot up to clear the front of the bag. Having a tail bag is a godsend in the bush -- really!

Cheers,
John
Old 07-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #5283
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-tx View Post
Has anyone bought a Corbin seat?
I have one ....

gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #5284
Weevrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
cycleracks

Has anybody tried a Cyclerack rack on their LRP. I had one on my TW200 and loved it. My new LRP is on order but I haven't seen too many pics with one on.
Love to hear how it shapes up to the others out there like the Manrack etc.

Andrew
Weevrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #5285
jeffjcalweb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
adventure windscreen use/opinion

hi all... has anyone installed the 'adventure windscreen' on their CRF?

https://tciproductsusa.com/index.php...c6285b85c8da90

if so, can you post a couple of thoughts on installation (simple/quick? pain in the butt?) and how well it does what it advertises? i'm not looking for a tall screen, just something that can help break up the force when having to do the highway/street rides.

if there is another recommended one to look at please feel free to post that as well. thanks!
jeffjcalweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #5286
beardothebeardo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Rode the bike home today. And have to reluctantly admit that it's better in every way to my old XT500. Push button starting, fuel injected smoothness, darn near feels the same way power wise, suspension and brakes are better. Who am I kidding, it was easy to ride. Maybe enjoying the ride won't be so bad after all...
beardothebeardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #5287
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjcalweb View Post

if so, can you post a couple of thoughts on installation (simple/quick? pain in the butt?) and how well it does what it advertises? i'm not looking for a tall screen, just something that can help break up the force when having to do the highway/street rides.

if there is another recommended one to look at please feel free to post that as well. thanks!
I bought the brackets but not their windscreen cause it was too $ and too tall. I've made many windscreens for my old KLR 650 and 650 V-strom from sheet polyethylene. I currently have a screen about 14" tall made from the lid of a large IKEA storage bin that cost $3. Other options are plastic garbage cans. With the curve that the plastic immediately assumes, it is amazingly stiff for being about 0.070" thick. Maybe I'll eventually make a better one from Kydex that guys mould their own pistol holsters from....available from Amazon etc. Bracket install took 5 minutes. Made a pattern out of posterboard...1/2 hr, cut the windscreen out and drilled and installed it...15 minutes. Easy peasy. I did however, get longer bolts for the triple clamps.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #5288
dalehazelton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
[QUOTE= i'm not looking for a tall screen, just something that can help break up the force when having to do the highway/street rides. ![/QUOTE]

My other bike is a VFR 800. I have two different windshields for it including one with a laminar lip and can tell you that doing 60 or 65 on the CRF is less buffeting/noisy than riding the VFR. Being in clear air is preferable to being on something that creates turbulance. My experience, anyway.
dalehazelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #5289
kb7tgr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Real easy install and really like it. I just did a 3600 mile trip and it worked great.

Quote:

kb7tgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #5290
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Oddometer: 1,577
My corbin seat is old,which my not speak to comfort as the foam may change with age,but the quality really shows as the seat looks new,I had Russel build a seat for my R6 and it seems like a well built item and is comfy also.When 1 puts a tailbag any bigger than a small toolbag on any bike it makes it harder to get on and off epecially if you need to bail off in a hurry,but adding storage takes your bike to a new level of utillity and will give you more excuses to ride at some point the battery in your car will go dead and you'll find yourself riding in any weather,that my friends is when you hit motorcycle Nirvana.
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #5291
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
I can't remember who's it is, but an ADV inmate has as his tag line, "We don't stop riding, because we grow old, we grow old because we stop riding". I agree....
That guy is "Hellsickle", a Rockies forum member from northern Colorado who's well into his 50's and still rides the 5-Miles-of-Hell in Utah with style. His saying is actually a tribute to George Bernard Shaw who said, "We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing." Still, it pretty much sums up the same principle. Knowing Hellsickle and having ridden and camped with him, he's still a kid at heart. Riding definitely keeps him young.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #5292
Oldtimer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardothebeardo View Post
37 with a 70 year olds body. Been told that by two surgeons and my doctor.

Who know doing stupid shit would result in being completely mangled later in life? Oh yeah...all the olds guys I should have listened to when I was younger!!!

I say they should have cut off my leg when they had the chance. Dude, I could have been the bionic man!!!
Get a new doctor. Not all 70+ year olds have mangled bodies. Some of us are still up on the pegs when needed. BTW, in a couple more years, we will be discussing 80 year olds.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #5293
beardothebeardo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Get a new doctor. Not all 70+ year olds have mangled bodies. Some of us are still up on the pegs when needed. BTW, in a couple more years, we will be discussing 80 year olds.
Figure of speak. Point being, my body is mangled. And now have to readjust my thought process in how and what I ride. Not a big deal really, when it comes down to it in time. It's just the realization that sucked. Much prefer an elbow to the face. Those are easier to take!
beardothebeardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #5294
joec63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardothebeardo View Post
Figure of speak. Point being, my body is mangled. And now have to readjust my thought process in how and what I ride. Not a big deal really, when it comes down to it in time. It's just the realization that sucked. Much prefer an elbow to the face. Those are easier to take!

Do what you gotta do! It's not so much of not being in shape either. Aprroaching , *gulp* , the big 5 0 this year . There has to be a clerical error with my birthdate.....oh have to love Vanity
Former Marine, work out all the time, and I "still" feel it the next day after several hours in the saddle.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #5295
ScootToots
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:

Hi,

I did a write up on my blog on the TCI Adevnture Windscreen, along with installation notes -- including torque values You'll find it here: http://scoottoots.com/clyde-gets-a-w...r-the-crf250l/

And here is how it looks installed: