Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #5671
Wargasm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6realtor View Post
Those are bar end mirrors, they'll get bashed off the first time you go offroad.
Wargasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #5672
r6realtor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
the guys asked me what mirrors I had and those are the ones, I don't have them mounted on the bar ends as you can see in my pics so they are quite protected, I use them on both my bikes and since I have done them so have all my buddies on there bikes. For the price there actually really good mirrors.
r6realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #5673
Wargasm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6realtor View Post
the guys asked me what mirrors I had and those are the ones, I don't have them mounted on the bar ends as you can see in my pics so they are quite protected, I use them on both my bikes and since I have done them so have all my buddies on there bikes. For the price there actually really good mirrors.
ok I see, I remember seeing the pictures I just thought this was a recommendation for mirrors. So long as they're mounted like you have them mounted they'd be pretty unobtrusive
Wargasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #5674
r6realtor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
exactly, I have had them on my wr for almost a year and the ones on the crf for about 2 months and I take the crf off road quite a bit more, they have held up great, they need a little modification but its pretty simple.
r6realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #5675
rompe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
My own, it had the same kind of 'micro oil leak'. After first service, I've never seen oil leakages anymore.

Enviado desde mi Optimus 2X usando Tapatalk 2
Old 08-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #5676
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Cool mirror mounts.

More details please.

Oh and the most important question, Can you see anything behind you in the mirrors?

I had some wide bars on my DT250 Yamaha back in the 70's and I mounted the mirrors just below and inside of the switches. They were the classic round handle bar mounted mirrors. I just cut the chrome rod down to a nub.

I was looking around my waist, under my arms. Unfortunately this technique would not work well with my increased girth.
Vzuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #5677
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
13/48 sprocket set up

Wooo-hoo, if you want your CRF250L to really rock off road (and are not too bothered about road use) then go with a 13/48 sprocket set up. We have done this with the work bike and it has some insane torque- I wouldn't do this on my 250L, but I do a lot of road.......
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #5678
jab1026
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi5 View Post
Wooo-hoo, if you want your CRF250L to really rock off road (and are not too bothered about road use) then go with a 13/48 sprocket set up. We have done this with the work bike and it has some insane torque- I wouldn't do this on my 250L, but I do a lot of road.......
Nice.. have to try this one hehehe
jab1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:58 AM   #5679
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi5 View Post

I just rode the Moose Run dual sport rally B/B+ loop this weekend on my LRP. In prep for the single track, I changed out my set up from 13/42 to 12/42 - it was perfect for rocky 2 track as well as the easy/intermediate single track I rode and was able to cruise at about 60 mph on the paved sections no problem. I don't recommend it for the street use at all but recommend it for dirt focused dual sporting. On a side note I was worried that the Q4 would be too loud to pass the 96db off road limit - it came in at 89db, well under the limit. However, the suspension needs some work...guess that will be my winter project this year.

In Loving Memory of Cruzin2B 1953 - 2014
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #5680
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
I just rode the Moose Run dual sport rally B/B+ loop this weekend on my LRP. In prep for the single track, I changed out my set up from 13/42 to 12/42 - it was perfect for rocky 2 track as well as the easy/intermediate single track I rode and was able to cruise at about 60 mph on the paved sections no problem. I don't recommend it for the street use at all but recommend it for dirt focused dual sporting. On a side note I was worried that the Q4 would be too loud to pass the 96db off road limit - it came in at 89db, well under the limit. However, the suspension needs some work...guess that will be my winter project this year.
Wow, broken collar bones, upside down bikes.... Looks like great riding out there!

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:42 AM   #5681
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Wow, broken collar bones, upside down bikes.... Looks like great riding out there!
Sure enough - Over 2 days of riding the B/B+ was 170+ miles of pretty excellent Colorado riding

In Loving Memory of Cruzin2B 1953 - 2014
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #5682
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
I've got a 13 front, will adding a 42 rear make much difference? Can I make this switch without changing the chain?
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #5683
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
I've got a 13 front, will adding a 42 rear make much difference? Can I make this switch without changing the chain?
It's a smaller step than your 13t was.

Stock to 13t = -7.1%
Stock to 13/42 = -12%

And yes, you can do it with your stock chain. You moved the axle back 5/32" from the stock position by removing a tooth, now you'll push it forward 5/32" from stock by adding two.
Auto-X Fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #5684
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 613
Here's my deal. I bought a Versys. I wanted passing power (got it), range (200mi+), and storage (came with soft bags). But you know what? I want to ride the LRP all the time. It's just more fun! I will give up the passing power (and easy wheelies) of the Versys for the stupid fun of the Honda, but I want to work on the other two items.

The tank is easy - IMS will eventually release the 3.1 gal tank. Not great, but worth it.

For the bags, I have these requirements:

1) Saddle bags - I want to keep the ability to strap big stuff on the tail, or slide way back there.
2) No using the seat bolts. I don't want to need take the rack off to get under the seat.
3) Roomy. A helmet each side would be perfect, but I can deal with slightly smaller
4) Easy to get in and out of.
5) Waterproof would be nice, but optional.

I don't want to lose the pillion pegs, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Right now the DirtBagz Ranger setup looks like the best match. Any other suggestions?
Auto-X Fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #5685
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto-X Fil View Post
It's a smaller step than your 13t was.

Stock to 13t = -7.1%
Stock to 13/42 = -12%

And yes, you can do it with your stock chain. You moved the axle back 5/32" from the stock position by removing a tooth, now you'll push it forward 5/32" from stock by adding two.
Thanks for the info. Am I right in understanding that anything larger than a 42 rear will need a longer chain?
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote