ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #6406
shua
plays in snow
 
shua's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Mn
Oddometer: 225
Well I bought one lol. I think it's going to suit my needs perfectly.
shua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #6407
ivel_86
Oops
 
ivel_86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Thumbilly MI
Oddometer: 781
I love mine. My gf has one as well she loves it to. Awesome do almost everything bike. Sept highway type speeds bit if your enjoying yourself your probably not doing highway speeds.
__________________
Did some stuffs and saw some things.
ivel_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #6408
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Montrose, PA.
Oddometer: 578
My weight report:

MT43 rear
MT21 front
Dirt Bagz Ranger bags
Tool kit (lots of stuff) in a Tool Tube
Cycra CRM handguards
IMS tank, full of 3gal+ fuel
Charcoal canister removed
Stock tool box removed

335lb. Porky!

FYI, my IMS tank took 2.950 gal after I ran it down until it died, the added 1/4 gal to get to the gas station. So, 3.1 gal seems just right.
Auto-X Fil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #6409
shua
plays in snow
 
shua's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Mn
Oddometer: 225
Anybody do a fuel injection controller without an aftermarket silencer?
shua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #6410
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer
 
SAPB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto-X Fil View Post
My weight report:

MT43 rear
MT21 front
Dirt Bagz Ranger bags
Tool kit (lots of stuff) in a Tool Tube
Cycra CRM handguards
IMS tank, full of 3gal+ fuel
Charcoal canister removed
Stock tool box removed

335lb. Porky!

FYI, my IMS tank took 2.950 gal after I ran it down until it died, the added 1/4 gal to get to the gas station. So, 3.1 gal seems just right.
When you swapped to the MT43, did you put in a rim lock? I've read that all the magic happens when it's aired down. After the D606 is toast, that is my next tire.
__________________
C14 - CRF250L, always cleaned while it's raining

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #6411
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Montrose, PA.
Oddometer: 578
Yes, I have a single rim lock front and rear. I run as low as 6-8 psi when really getting into the gnarly stuff. 10-12 works pretty well too, and feels ok on the street for short jaunts. Dirt/paved commuting I run 18-22psi.
Auto-X Fil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #6412
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer
 
SAPB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto-X Fil View Post
Yes, I have a single rim lock front and rear. I run as low as 6-8 psi when really getting into the gnarly stuff. 10-12 works pretty well too, and feels ok on the street for short jaunts. Dirt/paved commuting I run 18-22psi.
Thanks! And probably the original front will be just about gone by that time. I like having tires on hand before I actually need them. How would you rate the MT21 front, mostly off road compared to the IRZ? Even though my dirt/road has been more more like road/dirt, I still would prefer to have a great tire for off road, and just live with what it's like on road. 7,500 miles on mine now, throw the dealer the last oil/filter change next week for the 8K, and my 12 month is over end of Dec. Not seeing much sense in extending the warranty. Anyone else's opinion on that?
__________________
C14 - CRF250L, always cleaned while it's raining

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #6413
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: New Zealand
Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by shua View Post
Anybody do a fuel injection controller without an aftermarket silencer?
Yup, definately helps, and changing to a 10w-40 Motul semi synthetic was a great improvement as well. Along with a 13t front sprocket ....and MotoZ Desert HT front.... And a Michelin t63 rear....!!
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #6414
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Montrose, PA.
Oddometer: 578
The MT21 is phenomenal. It's massive improvement over the stock front. It byes better in mud, grass, and other loose stuff, but the biggest improvement is stopping power on dirt roads, hard pack trails, and rocks. It feels almost like to could stoppie on those surfaces, which is very confidence-inspiring.

It wears very fast. I don't think I'll get any more than 2.5-3k out of it. It's only got 980 miles on it and it is wearing so much I need to flip it already. And it's expensive. But, I'll keep buying them for sure.
Auto-X Fil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #6415
shua
plays in snow
 
shua's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Mn
Oddometer: 225
That's good to hear. It's funny when I was younger I wanted that loud pipe. Now, not so much.lol. Is there only one programer on the market? What's everybody running?
shua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #6416
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: New Zealand
Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by shua View Post
That's good to hear. It's funny when I was younger I wanted that loud pipe. Now, not so much.lol. Is there only one programer on the market? What's everybody running?
I am running a EJK, but there is another one- can't remember the name but if you look up posts from "Lost", he had found another manufacturer. The EJK works perfectly so far...
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #6417
jsonder
Tired Old Fart
 
jsonder's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Oddometer: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto-X Fil View Post
The MT21 is phenomenal. It's massive improvement over the stock front. It byes better in mud, grass, and other loose stuff, but the biggest improvement is stopping power on dirt roads, hard pack trails, and rocks. It feels almost like to could stoppie on those surfaces, which is very confidence-inspiring.

It wears very fast. I don't think I'll get any more than 2.5-3k out of it. It's only got 980 miles on it and it is wearing so much I need to flip it already. And it's expensive. But, I'll keep buying them for sure.
I was only getting 2K miles out of them so I shifted to Dunlop 606s (along with increasing the rear sprocket size), The 606 rear is an 18-120/90 and on my 2009 230L that meant a chain addition to fit it on anyway, so I overkilled changing the rear sprocket from 39 to 48 teeth. She climbs pretty good now.

PS I have 3200 miles on the 606s after this mornings ride. Looks like another 500-1000 available.
__________________
John
2009 Honda CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet)
2014 Honda CB500XA (daily rider)

jsonder screwed with this post 10-13-2013 at 02:13 PM Reason: add PS
jsonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #6418
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer
 
SAPB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi5 View Post
I am running a EJK, but there is another one- can't remember the name but if you look up posts from "Lost", he had found another manufacturer. The EJK works perfectly so far...
http://www.bazzaz.net/index.php/honda/crf250l-13
__________________
C14 - CRF250L, always cleaned while it's raining

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #6419
tony.m
n00b
 
tony.m's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Dfw
Oddometer: 6
Just replaced front sprocket with 13T

Hello everyone. New here and I know this has been covered many times but can someone tell me how this affects my speedometer? Also if it could affect the warranty which I don't see how it could.
tony.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #6420
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer
 
SAPB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony.m View Post
Hello everyone. New here and I know this has been covered many times but can someone tell me how this affects my speedometer? Also if it could affect the warranty which I don't see how it could.
Welcome to the 13t club, best bang for the buck IMO. This will correct things. Also corrects after tire swaps.

http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.p...&product_id=59
__________________
C14 - CRF250L, always cleaned while it's raining

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014