Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #6556
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnutt View Post
For those of you who have changed over to the IMS tank, When you changed the OE fuel pump out of the OE fuel tank to the IMS tank, What did you do about the gasket? The OE tank has ridges with the studs in it, versus the IMS tank which has a flat surface where the gasket goes. I happened to have a motorcycle shop next door and he did not feel to comfortable using the same gasket cause you can't tighten it down to the right torque with out the gasket getting pushed out the sides. What did you torque the bolts too?

I just snugged them until it started squishing out. It seals fine.
Auto-X Fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #6557
nbrooks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Fork bleeder

Why hasn't anyone come up a fork bleeder option for the LRP? I would think a machine shop could drill holes in the stock fork caps and resell them to fit a motion pro fork bleeder. RAMZ made some but I don't want to put forth the effort to get it done. Someone should put a kit together. Unless someone already has a lead on this.
nbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #6558
Bicyclist
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Woohoo fairing on the CRF
Hey John, what fairing is that?
Bicyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #6559
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
more details to fallow if anyone is interested ......

gnath9 screwed with this post 11-02-2013 at 08:07 PM
gnath9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #6560
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,589
So what's the big deal, gnath?...a KLX with a B&B sticker on it.

Looking forward to hearing how it performs.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #6561
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
So what's the big deal, gnath?...a KLX with a B&B sticker on it.

Looking forward to hearing how it performs.
lol .... no big deal but, All I have done was putt it around taking my time to break it in properly.
According to the dyno I am up to about 26 HP now with the 305

I just thought if anyone is interested I could share my thoughts on this as I gain a little more seat time.

I can only comment on my impressions and satisfaction as I did not install this myself and am by no means an expert or mechanic. I just wanted a little more power under my butt !!! ....
Old 11-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #6562
revolution337
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
^ I'm considering doing a 305 kit this winter, so I'm eager to hear your impressions with it.
revolution337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #6563
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicyclist View Post
Hey John, what fairing is that?
ADVmonster Dual Sport fairing

Was considering offering a bolt on kit for the L, including fender and gauge mount. Will see how the wife likes it on the bike. The faring has worked great on other bikes it has been mounted on, from a XT225 to a 950se.

sanjoh screwed with this post 11-03-2013 at 06:12 AM
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #6564
jjustj
cum petris et choris

Oddometer: 5,392
Wicked looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
ADVmonster Dual Sport fairing

Was considering offering a bolt on kit for the L, including fender and gauge mount. Will see how the wife likes it on the bike. The faring has worked great on other bikes it has been mounted on, from a XT225 to a 950se.

any chance of a one time deal only for the crf250l thread guys??( hint hint?)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #6565
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjustj View Post
any chance of a one time deal only for the crf250l thread guys??( hint hint?)
Absolutely, if anyone is interested please send pm or email (sandjoh@gmail.com).
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #6566
lloydpb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Wolfman side racks

Managed to get a set of the Wolfman sideracks before they are extinct!

As expected they fitted perfectly and I managed to keep my nomadic rack as well - just needed 2 longer bolts and a smaller spacer on one side, def a result as I was expecting to have to sell the rack as it wouldnt fit with the side racks.

I bought a set of the expedition dry side bags (which wont be used 'til next year now, and also a set of the small hoop bags for everyday use, these are pictured below.
Lloyd.

lloydpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #6567
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

305 First impressions

I have still been taking it very easy .... about 37 miles on it now with 4 different rides. I still am not too sure/confident about this but, I am being extra paranoid .... and not reving very high ... I think this last run was my highest and rode a little harder. Top speed about 51-55 so far. Each ride has been around 15 mins or so and then has completely cooled down before starting her up again. I also have kept all my miles on residential roads as to keep me from maintaining a steady speed. I am either on the gas or off.

Anyway .... this thing does have some power and will lift the front in 2nd gear at will without using the clutch and only a 1/4 turn of the throttle ... I have also lifted the front shifting into 3rd a little but, like I said ... I have been taking it really easy so far. As time and miles go by I will slowly start running her harder and harder.
I thought it would be hard to not use more than half throttle for a while during break in but that is not the case. The bike just moves along with ease. I keep catching myself trying to shift into 6th when I am already there because I am only going 45 mph. before at 45 6th would dog if you twisted the throttle but now it just picks right up and pulls along. I have some gravel/small rocky roads around my place and I can spin the rear wheel very easy in 3rd....

I don't think the engine is as smooth as it once was and maybe that will change with time and miles... It is not real rough or anything just not as smooth as stock wich may have something to do with the cylinder not being nickel coated ... It does not seem to crackle or backfire out the pipe as much as before either.

So far I am very happy and the extra power feels great ... it is a different feeling than just a sprocket change

I do not think it is running hot but, .... look how dark my megabomb is turning ....

gnath9 screwed with this post 11-03-2013 at 02:16 PM
Old 11-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #6568
Lapchik
Tinkeritis posterboy

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
Anyway .... this thing does have some power and will lift the front in 2nd gear at will without using the clutch and only a 1/4 turn of the throttle ... I have also lifted the front shifting into 3rd a little but, like I said ... I have been taking it really easy so far. As time and miles go by I will slowly start running her harder and harder.

I do not think it is running hot but, .... look how dark my megabomb is turning ....
First...the exhaust turned that color on my FMF very quickly too. Second . . .I beat the sh*t out of mine from the get go, and it is ok. Don't worry about babying the bike.

As for the rolling 2nd gear no clutch wheelies I have this bike too no way dude. Video?
Lapchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #6569
Lapchik
Tinkeritis posterboy

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6realtor View Post
your reaction when you first went down on one side(48 second in) then picked the bike and it fell to the other side was hilarious!
great vid by the way, enjoyed the whole thing!
Yeah, that sort of set the tone for the day lol
Lapchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #6570
Kray
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
I have still been taking it very easy .... about 37 miles on it now with 4 different rides. I still am not too sure/confident about this but, I am being extra paranoid .... and not reving very high ... I think this last run was my highest and rode a little harder. Top speed about 51-55 so far. Each ride has been around 15 mins or so and then has completely cooled down before starting her up again. I also have kept all my miles on residential roads as to keep me from maintaining a steady speed. I am either on the gas or off.

I thought it would be hard to not use more than half throttle for a while during break in but that is not the case. The bike just moves along with ease. I keep catching myself trying to shift into 6th when I am already there because I am only going 45 mph. before at 45 6th would dog if you twisted the throttle but now it just picks right up and pulls along. I have some gravel/small rocky roads around my place and I can spin the rear wheel very easy in 3rd....

I don't think the engine is as smooth as it once was and maybe that will change with time and miles... It is not real rough or anything just not as smooth as stock wich may have something to do with the cylinder not being nickel coated ... It does not seem to crackle or backfire out the pipe as much as before either.

So far I am very happy and the extra power feels great ... it is a different feeling than just a sprocket change

Yeehaw!

You have far more self control than I do. Videos would be fun, if you can manage them. Keep it rubber side down!
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote