User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #7336
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 8,886
The CRF250L Owners thread

Filipinos are the nicest, sweetest people you will ever meet.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #7337
Sharkfan22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Acerbis tank

Just noticed that Acerbis have a new tank out!! any pictures?
Sharkfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #7338
fir_chan
Little Red Dot

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkfan22 View Post
Just noticed that Acerbis have a new tank out!! any pictures?
At USD275.... and they made it the same capacity as the IMS....

I would have hoped for a larger tank...

Now wondering how it looks....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

**2008** BMW R1200GS Adventure
**2013** Honda CRF250L
fir_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #7339
Sharkfan22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
yeah Im interested to see how it looks too.
Sharkfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #7340
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
Filipinos are the nicest, sweetest people you will ever meet.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro
You are not wrong there. A (good) Filipino girl make a great life partner. Mine is great.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:57 AM   #7341
hamjet
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 610 View Post
We are looking at buying some Airhawk seat cushions for the next longer trip. That should sort the sore ass out.
My Airhawk 2 arrived from Oz last week. Great product. I think you will like it after you work out how little air it actually needs. I'm really pleased with mine,made a huge difference.
hamjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:09 AM   #7342
Chris Graves
n00b

Oddometer: 2
The CRF250L Owners thread

Hi,
I'm Chris & I live in the south of France, we have just retired and relocated here from the UK. There's me and my wife, our two greyhounds and my V-Strom 650. I'm looking to buy a CRF250L to explore all the little tracks that run through the vineyards here. There are no access problems and the natives are very friendly. I go on the easier tracks on the V-Strom but it's just a little bit heavy, especially if it needs picking up. That hasn't happened yet but it's always a distinct possibility.

My local dealer does not have the bike in stock so I'm trying to find one nearby so that I can look at one in the flesh.

Hope you don't mind me posting in this thread before I am an owner, I will be soon
Chris Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:14 AM   #7343
snycker
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 610 View Post
My girlfriend is happy behind me on the bike, but she is a small girl, a 5'2", 46 kg Filipina, and I am not a big fat guy either.
Like me she get a sore ass after a few hours. We are looking at buying some Airhawk seat cushions for the next longer trip. That should sort the sore ass out.
Okay,
My sister is not great either, I think it should be good. What are the performance of the bike when you are together?
Do you have already made some trip with lugguage ?
snycker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #7344
Falcon083
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
4th Ride

So yesterday was a warm day hit 50 degrees. ! so got a nice 40 mile ride in. This trip i decided to drive a little harder and flex a little honda muscle. LOL LOL yeah about that. ...... so i drove down to the river and of course had to think for the driver who was kind enough to pull out in front of me, I knew he would not look so i stopped short ahead of time to save him the trouble of having to remove a bike from his driver door. it happens and you have to drive Defensive/Aggressive, but in my bikes lethargic factory state more so defensive.

I then proceeded to drive down a nice back road one i have driven many times over and was going to see how fast my bike would take me. i made it to 60mph easy running 6,000 rpm. little more throttle and 65mph. then to max throttle and i was leaning down as far as i could to be as aerodynamic as possible and made it to 77mph running in Mid to uppper 7,000 rpm, that was a LOT of work. at of course at that moment the two cars in front of me started hitting brake lights and had an on coming car, a few seconds later the two in front swerved left. and i am left looking at a cyclist who i am sorry "felt" entitled to ride at 10mph in the middle of the road. so the brakes worked well, and as i had to wait my turn to pass mr. tour de france. i passed as politely as my bike and manners would allow. back up to speed just in time for the twisties. and again this bike just does so well. i have no complaints of the suspension so far, other than the bike is light and seems to get blown around a bit with a good wind. also wonder how a scotts damper would calm the front end. from being twitchy.

Now the decision do i go main highway or stick to what i have been on as of now back roads..... eh Highway.... i get the green light and here i go. 1st,2nd,3rd, 4th, 5th,...65mph and full throttle 6th..... 70mph..... At this point the only thing going through my head is all the reading i have done ( 13t 13t 13t 13t 13t 13t ) because i was beginning to feel like i was hindering traffic. at one time i attempted to pass and it was sooo slow i think the other car slowed down to LET me pass. The next closest exit i was ready to take was five more miles so i just kept the throttle pinned and kept as low as i could and thumped along. I made it off the main highway and was going over that stint of road thinking well this is why i got this bike to limit myself. cause if i had the extra oomph i would have been in triple digits.

The Return home i have a nice mt. to cross. mt for me hill for the rest of the world. and i am cruising along 50-55 mph and get to my favorite curve, i roll on the throttle, lean in and as i exit i notice two things. One i am doing 58mph, Two i am still sitting comfortable upright on a barely leaning bike....and i laugh out loud.... and this is why i got this bike to limit myself... because on my previous bike a sv650 i would have been at 80mph, and scraping pegs. I thump on home and pull into the driveway. i take my helmet off, use my bike lift and oil the chain, park the bike and go inside to see my wife and son and again this is why i got this bike to limit myself.....

Falcon083
Falcon083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #7345
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by snycker View Post
Okay,
My sister is not great either, I think it should be good. What are the performance of the bike when you are together?
Do you have already made some trip with lugguage ?
The performance is down a little when we are 2-up, but it's still OK. We don't really travel to much at high speed here. Bikes under 400cc are not allowed on the motorways/tollways. The condition of the "highways" is not great, traffic is crazy without rules and the roads are shared with animals, kids playing basketball, farmers drying rice.....
We travel pretty light with one dry bag on the luggage rack and a back pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamjet View Post
My Airhawk 2 arrived from Oz last week. Great product. I think you will like it after you work out how little air it actually needs. I'm really pleased with mine,made a huge difference.
What size Airhawk did you get?
I am planning to order 2 x "small pillion" (28 * 23 cm) as I think one "small cruiser" (46 * 31 cm) will be too small for the two of us and one "small pillion" and one "small cruiser" will be too large for the seat.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #7346
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Graves View Post
Hi,
I'm Chris & I live in the south of France, we have just retired and relocated here from the UK. There's me and my wife, our two greyhounds and my V-Strom 650. I'm looking to buy a CRF250L to explore all the little tracks that run through the vineyards here. There are no access problems and the natives are very friendly. I go on the easier tracks on the V-Strom but it's just a little bit heavy, especially if it needs picking up. That hasn't happened yet but it's always a distinct possibility.

My local dealer does not have the bike in stock so I'm trying to find one nearby so that I can look at one in the flesh.

Hope you don't mind me posting in this thread before I am an owner, I will be soon
If you find one to sit on, might as well ride it home. I had to put a deposit down and waited for the 2nd one the dealer got. Lot's of great information here for you, but it's gotten long now to try and start at page 1.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #7347
frenchman81
n00b

Quote:
Hi,

Hey Chris, I'm living too in the south of France in middle of vineyards. The LRP is a good bike to go on dusty lanes. You'll have a great pleasure with it....
Old 02-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #7348
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
Just Gas Tanks dot Com says $US 229.99 available April '14 for the Acerbis CRF250L 3.1 g tank...black or natural
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #7349
Kray
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchman81 View Post
Hey Chris, I'm living too in the south of France in middle of vineyards. The LRP is a good bike to go on dusty lanes. You'll have a great pleasure with it....
Frenchman81, if you can get a pic of your bike in Bordeaux I'd make it my desktop wallpaper! I miss that city very much. Enjoy the 250L. Cheers!
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:45 PM   #7350
frenchman81
n00b

Quote:
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
Frenchman81, if you can get a pic of your bike in Bordeaux I'd make it my desktop wallpaper! I miss that city very much. Enjoy the 250L. Cheers!
Hey Kray, I did'nt write that I was in Bordeaux! In the south of France there are vineyards of Gaillac vine; it's where I live; I did'nt have Bordeaux pic for you; sorry...