Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 06:37 AM   #7441
Fytclub
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Have this stuff in the sale section but this is 250L specific. Please PM with questions.

Wolfman Enduro bag $35.00 shipped

Manracks with Pelican 1450 $150.00 shipped

Fytclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:40 AM   #7442
Kray
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fytclub View Post
Have this stuff in the sale section but this is 250L specific. Please PM with questions.

Wolfman Enduro bag $35.00 shipped

Manracks with Pelican 1450 $150.00 shipped
PMed on the Enduro bag
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #7443
ScootToots
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
AirBox mod: Fabricated new snorkel

At first I was resistant to modifying the air filter and airbox -- but I finally decided it's worth a shot. I did not want to drill the airbox cover though, and I also didn't want holes level with the airbox lid that would allow water to migrate into. So here's what I did:

I fabricated a brand new snorkel to replace the stock one. My new snorkel is at least 60% larger I.D. than stock (based on a quick measure of the oval stock snorkel). It actually looks almost twice the volume. I used a 2" I.D. flexible rubber elbow (available in the plumbing department). The photos don't clearly show it, but because of the shape of the airbox, I cut the opening freehand (fine tooth keyhole saw) in a slightly bent elongated curve, then pressed the rubber elbow to conform to the available space.

If after a few weeks I am satisfied with this, I'll silicone seal where it inserts. Doing it this way, also gives me the option to fabricate another version that extends into the airbox as far as the stock snorkel did, to reduce the induction noise -- and if you listen to some -- to improve low-end torque. At the moment, I quite like the throatier growl that I get from this snorkel length, and the performance seems markedly improved.

So now my question is: how much should I enrich the EJK settings? Before this mod, my settings were for a stock bike as suggested by EJK: 1.5,1.5,2.5 (cruise, acceleration, WOT). After the mod, I enriched the settings to 2,2,3, to make use of the increased air available. The cutoff/engage settings are unchanged from the original EJK settings for this bike. I haven't inspected the spark plug yet. I want to ride it for a week or so first. A quick sniff and poke at the tailpipe though, tells me it may be running a tad rich, but it's cold outside, and that can enrich it more than normal also.

Opinions... thoughts... ?

PS: I also removed the backfire screen from the filter, I have 13/42 sprockets and stock exhaust.

Thanks,
John

ScootToots screwed with this post 02-19-2014 at 03:16 PM
ScootToots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #7444
archhangel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
After trailing youtube i'm yet to find some real inspiring clips with the 250L.

Does anyone have any clips of some real overland adventure touring involving the bike?

Or even some really gnarly trails so i can see what the bikes capable of..
archhangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #7445
New2Moto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by archhangel View Post
After trailing youtube i'm yet to find some real inspiring clips with the 250L.

Does anyone have any clips of some real overland adventure touring involving the bike?

Or even some really gnarly trails so i can see what the bikes capable of..
Ya there are a few easy to find but not many..I know we have some first hand videos in here somewhere :)
New2Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #7446
jab1026
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Wolfman Lite explorer tank bag just enough for my CRF

Baler cost line, amazing view
jab1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #7447
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab1026 View Post
Baler cost line, amazing view
Baler, Aurora is on my "to go to" list.

"It's more fun in the Philippines"
610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #7448
jab1026
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 610 View Post
A very nice place to go here in the Phils.. Surfing spot are great where in lots of pretty pinay surfer enjoying the waves hehehe, food,historical place and of course the Dicasalarin cove...

Old 02-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #7449
New2Moto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Thank you!

Thanks to the info posted in this thread and forum I have gathered all the things I think I needed/wanted to take me and my LRP the distance no matter what the terrain. (for my immediate area - I am not talking about cross country quite yet )

I still have some things to get in the future as I figure out how I want to use this great first bike. But here is what I have gathered so far

Bike:
-Corbin Seat
-ManRack BBQ rack
-DRC edge LED tail light w/ front and rear LED flexible signals
-Moose Racing skid plate
-Emperor radiator guard
-Moose Racing Contour hand guards
-DRC wide foot pegs
-Rear brake cylinder guard
-Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag
-Enduro fold-able mirrors
-Protaper Pillow Grips

Me:
-Forma Terrain TX HPS Boots
-Thor Force Knee/Shin Guards
-Forcefield Padded Compression Shorts
-Fox Kidney Belt
-Leatt 5.5 HD pro chest protection (shipped, not here yet)
-Leatt Hard Shell Elbow Guard
-Fox V2 Given Helmet (Doesn't fit my head right, driving 2.5 hours too cycle gear on saturday to return and try on others)
-Fox airspc goggles (gives me tunnel vision with how they fit my face, returning for others as well)

-I still need abrasion resistant summer outer layer for street riding to the trails

Thanks again! I will try to give my best opinion on the products I got for the bike if y'all would like
New2Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #7450
al1979
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 610 View Post
nice!!! wish ko lang, haha. originally from Davao here.
al1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #7451
jab1026
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al1979 View Post
nice!!! wish ko lang, haha. originally from Davao here.
Kamusta po..I will be doing a Philippine loop ride this coming April with my CRF. Davao is on my list to stay for a night or two... I'll post picture soon of Surigao-Bislig city-Mati city and Davao city..
Old 02-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #7452
Telemarktumalo
Coffee Achiever

Oddometer: 216
Advice on Sale Price

Thinking of buying another bike, but will need to part with the 250L to get it done. Wondering about how much I should ask for it from a friend.

2013 CRF 250L
~1000 miles, mostly commuting on pavement
I rate condition 9/10. No drops.
Mods and Accesories: Flatland skid plate and radiator guard
Cycra handguards
Easton bar
Manrack

The 2014 is selling for $4999 locally.

Telemarktumalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #7453
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootToots View Post
At first I was resistant to modifying the air filter and airbox -- but I finally decided it's worth a shot. I did not want to drill the airbox cover though, and I also didn't want holes level with the airbox lid that would allow water to migrate into. So here's what I did:

I fabricated a brand new snorkel to replace the stock one. My new snorkel is at least 60% larger I.D. than stock (based on a quick measure of the oval stock snorkel). It actually looks almost twice the volume. I used a 2" I.D. flexible rubber elbow (available in the plumbing department). The photos don't clearly show it, but because of the shape of the airbox, I cut the opening freehand (fine tooth keyhole saw) in a slightly bent elongated curve, then pressed the rubber elbow to conform to the available space.

If after a few weeks I am satisfied with this, I'll silicone seal where it inserts. Doing it this way, also gives me the option to fabricate another version that extends into the airbox as far as the stock snorkel did, to reduce the induction noise -- and if you listen to some -- to improve low-end torque. At the moment, I quite like the throatier growl that I get from this snorkel length, and the performance seems markedly improved.

So now my question is: how much should I enrich the EJK settings? Before this mod, my settings were for a stock bike as suggested by EJK: 1.5,1.5,2.5 (cruise, acceleration, WOT). After the mod, I enriched the settings to 2,2,3, to make use of the increased air available. The cutoff/engage settings are unchanged from the original EJK settings for this bike. I haven't inspected the spark plug yet. I want to ride it for a week or so first. A quick sniff and poke at the tailpipe though, tells me it may be running a tad rich, but it's cold outside, and that can enrich it more than normal also.

Opinions... thoughts... ?

PS: I also removed the backfire screen from the filter, I have 13/42 sprockets and stock exhaust.

Thanks,
John

Hey Scoot- i removed my backfire screen and snorkel along with stock exhaust and EJK at 1.5/1.5/2.5, my gearing is at 40/13. I tested with and without snorkel, and without snorkel is definately better ( more power). Why bother with the snorkel at all? Try without it i reckon. I have plenty of power in the low to mid range and only wish for a bit more power to pass slow moving traffic! ( 305cc big bore kit is my next mod). One question: can you maintain 100kph (gps verified) on the highway with that gearing?
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:35 AM   #7454
lccpmj
Totes amaze balls

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lccpmj View Post
[/QUOTE]

It's probably best to just play around with the settings. My bike has full Arrow system, DNA air filter, stock airbox and EJK controller. My settings are 1.5,3,1.5. Which are different from a lot of peoples on here. With the stock Stage 1 settings it was way too rich. The bike flies now :-)
lccpmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:55 AM   #7455
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
It's probably best to just play around with the settings. My bike has full Arrow system, DNA air filter, stock airbox and EJK controller. My settings are 1.5,3,1.5. Which are different from a lot of peoples on here. With the stock Stage 1 settings it was way too rich. The bike flies now :-)[/QUOTE]

DNA Air filter?.....pleated gauze like a K&N, or some sort of foam? Thanks.

Found it here: http://www.dnafilters.com/en/product...:CRF-250L-2013

I think RamZ has it on his site too
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote