ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #7831
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Vzuke's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Oddometer: 143
Might as well show off the other side.



Stock exhaust with 140.


Yoshi with 140.
Vzuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #7832
bigblockbarry
Random Misfire
 
bigblockbarry's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Millington TN
Oddometer: 38
I haven't had any problems with hard parts rubbing.I had to grind on the fork guards to clear the tire and heated up the chain guard with a heat gun and bent it out of the way.What tire do you have on the back?
__________________
Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when
everyone stands around reloading.

Thomas Jefferson
bigblockbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:58 AM   #7833
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer
 
SAPB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon083 View Post
BigBlock Nice Set-UP! have you waxed your bike? seems to have an extra extra Gloss to it ! Shiney !


ED@ford well thanks to you i now have a tool tube. ha ha ha. and it works great. fits my kit and right now i am in the process of giving it the krylon touch to make it white. the KTM orange doesn't flow to well. ha ha ha. now to decide where to put it. i am thinking off the side of the rear rack will do nicely.

Got in a nice early ride today. just puttered around. for some reason i was in a slow ride mood today. taking in the scenery in stead of barreling down the road. saw some things i want to stop and take a picture of, but was in auto pilot, ride, ride, ride. ( someone had taken an old gas pump and turned it into a mailbox)



alright; you guys have a good evening and hope to have some good ride reports soon.
Here's how Lost Rider mounted his tool tube, by eliminating the stock one.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=19
__________________
C14 - CRF250L, always cleaned while it's raining

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:47 AM   #7834
Falcon083
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Alabama
Oddometer: 67
tool tube mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Here's how Lost Rider mounted his tool tube, by eliminating the stock one.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=19
That is a possibility, the stock storage compartment is about useless. i was going to modifiy it by cutting out the center shelf and be able to use all of the inside. but now after seeing this.......... i will have to do a little tinkering....

thanks
Falcon083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:00 AM   #7835
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer
 
SAPB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon083 View Post
That is a possibility, the stock storage compartment is about useless. i was going to modifiy it by cutting out the center shelf and be able to use all of the inside. but now after seeing this.......... i will have to do a little tinkering....

thanks
Also, I saw on the http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262998
where a guy's tool tube broke off, and he lost all his tools. Some think a strap arrangement like big hose clamps around the tube is the way to go.
__________________
C14 - CRF250L, always cleaned while it's raining

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #7836
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer
 
SAPB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 1,309
Valve check

Just though I'd throw this out there. I got a digital caliper at Aldi for $9.99, because I didn't have one, and will need it for when I do the valves again at 16K.

https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specia...gital-caliper/
__________________
C14 - CRF250L, always cleaned while it's raining

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #7837
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Dearborn MI
Oddometer: 1,418
smokin deal on the aldi calipers! Looks nicer than the Harbor Freight ones
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #7838
AcftMan
Adventurer
 
AcftMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Panama City, FL
Oddometer: 16
New Bike

Thank you all for the Amazing Amount of information about the bike! I had to read every page before I would post. I lurked for 6 months but couldn't pull the trigger on getting one, Until the day I get back from overseas, my neighbor rides in my front yard with a LRP! I about crapped myself and went on for about 20 mins telling him about his bike. Needless to say I got one the next day! Last time I rode was 12 years ago in the mountains of NC on my TTR125. I'm 27 5'6'' 150lbs and the bike feels good. Engine braking is very pronounced. I feel very confident on the bike and already laid it down a few times. One time was so bad it crushed the radiator in from the side. Not quite as bad as Nancy did on hers though. The stock front tire is bad on sand. I'm in panama city fl, so riding isn't as fun as what it was in NC. First night I got the bike my wife said go ahead bring "it" in the house! She knew I was gonna ask! I had to strip the panels off to inspect everything and answer questions for about an hour from our 2 boys. There 3 and 5. That was fun... On the list of things to get are Radiator, Rikochet skid plate, HDB guards, 13 tooth with corrector, PMR rear rack with wolfman peak ofcourse. Thank you LOST for the detailed DIY on the Valve check! I will do all maintenance to my bike. I am an Aircraft Mechanic by trade and enjoy bending wrenches.
AcftMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #7839
Epy
Hen-teaser
 
Epy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: CA, USA
Oddometer: 109
I'm sure it's already been covered, but how is the sargent seat? I have the seat concepts one and it's harder than stock, probably going to sell it. Does sargent make a low version?

edit: whoops, meant corbin

Epy screwed with this post 03-23-2014 at 01:51 PM
Epy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #7840
bigblockbarry
Random Misfire
 
bigblockbarry's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Millington TN
Oddometer: 38
How about this one? http://www.amazon.com/SDG-Complete-S...s=crf250L+seat . I don't know anything about it other than seeing on amazon,may be a turd,I don't know.
__________________
Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when
everyone stands around reloading.

Thomas Jefferson
bigblockbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #7841
isalas16
Adventurer
 
isalas16's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockbarry View Post
I haven't had any problems with hard parts rubbing.I had to grind on the fork guards to clear the tire and heated up the chain guard with a heat gun and bent it out of the way.What tire do you have on the back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post


Stock exhaust with 140.


Yoshi with 140.
What tires did you guys purchased? and how do you like them, have you ride with those tires in the Rain?
isalas16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #7842
New2Moto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockbarry View Post
How about this one? http://www.amazon.com/SDG-Complete-S...s=crf250L+seat . I don't know anything about it other than seeing on amazon,may be a turd,I don't know.
It costs an arm and a leg but it might save your butt! lol I got a corbin and have a few hundred miles on it. Its like night and day compared to the oem and apparently its supposed to get even better after 2k miles

I don't do alot of technical riding so the extra wide back part is perfect for the 30min -2 hour pavement stints to get to the various off road areas and the front is still just as narrow as the oem for technical stuff/ standing

It does make it a little harder to flat foot, especially when sitting all the way at the back, but I am about 6'1 and I can still touch reach comfortably

Probably not the best seat upgrade for pure dirt riders but its great for 50/50 riders like me who do to the trails some days but also cruise the slab for a few hours now and then!

Cheers
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------
2014 CRF250L
www.FrommersNaturalFoods.com
New2Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #7843
twinrider
pass the catnip
 
twinrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: 日本
Oddometer: 8,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
You are still off-topic posting in here and not helping us owners keep a good resource for us all to use without sifting through non-ownership posts and comparisons.
All of your posts in this thread are part of our problem with too many posts not pertaining to ownership, we don't care what you used to ride, I suggest you read the OP again and help out the community by following the guidelines. I see you just joined ADVrider, we have guidelines and rules to make it better for everyone and easier to find the info anyone is looking for, it's called thread topics.
I understand wanting owners opinions, but that's part of being a part of the ADV community, sifting through the opinions in the appropriate threads and deciding who you should listen to. Not just polluting our owners threads because you feel like it.
I know you like to play thread cop but this one was WAY out of line considering how many pages in this thread you've filled with your ride reports, which those of us seeking real info on the CRF then have to slog through.....
__________________
2011 XT1200Z
2009 FLHR
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #7844
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Vzuke's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Oddometer: 143
Super Moto

BigBlockBarry
It's funny that you mentioned the heat gun, I did the same thing with mine. Well with my wife's. Since I lowered it I don't get to ride it much. "I look like circus bear." It's a 250cc Grom.



I put some Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa's on the CRF. I doubt that my wife will find the limits of this tire. And while she has ridden in the rain (got caught out in it a few times) she wasn't slipping and sliding.

I have Conti Trail Attack Dual-Sport Tires (80% road - 20% dirt) on my DRZ SuperMoto (100% road). Again I'm not out there trying to find the limits of the tires in the rain but I wouldn't say I was as cautious as the misses.
Vzuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:29 AM   #7845
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer
 
SAPB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcftMan View Post
Thank you all for the Amazing Amount of information about the bike! I had to read every page before I would post. I lurked for 6 months but couldn't pull the trigger on getting one, Until the day I get back from overseas, my neighbor rides in my front yard with a LRP! I about crapped myself and went on for about 20 mins telling him about his bike. Needless to say I got one the next day! Last time I rode was 12 years ago in the mountains of NC on my TTR125. I'm 27 5'6'' 150lbs and the bike feels good. Engine braking is very pronounced. I feel very confident on the bike and already laid it down a few times. One time was so bad it crushed the radiator in from the side. Not quite as bad as Nancy did on hers though. The stock front tire is bad on sand. I'm in panama city fl, so riding isn't as fun as what it was in NC. First night I got the bike my wife said go ahead bring "it" in the house! She knew I was gonna ask! I had to strip the panels off to inspect everything and answer questions for about an hour from our 2 boys. There 3 and 5. That was fun... On the list of things to get are Radiator, Rikochet skid plate, HDB guards, 13 tooth with corrector, PMR rear rack with wolfman peak ofcourse. Thank you LOST for the detailed DIY on the Valve check! I will do all maintenance to my bike. I am an Aircraft Mechanic by trade and enjoy bending wrenches.
Welcome to the club!
__________________
C14 - CRF250L, always cleaned while it's raining

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014