Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #886
streaks77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brk4moose View Post
So I told myself I was just gonna leave the bike stock......Lets just say i've changed my mind.

I ordered one of the manracks rear racks and the wolfman peak tail bag. I would highly recommend both to anyone looking for a little storage of their 250's. The rack is awesome and it took less than 5 mins to install both.

Next up...

I was curious how you guys were liking the ricochet skid plates so far, any issues?

Has anyone paid the extra $20 and ordered a black one yet? I'd love to see a pic of what that looks like installed on the bike.

Also, I finally got a chance to take it for a good little ride this morning (75 miles). The seat is little brutal but the fun factor makes up for it.

How easy of an install is the seat concepts cover? Does it make that big a difference in comfort? Do you need to be an upholstery master to install that thing?
I installed the ricochet skid plate and some acerbis handguards... love both of them so far. Personally, I like the silver look, keeps it looking OEM, but the black might look cool, just afraid that when you actually bash it, the paint won't hold up.
IMG_0277
streaks77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #887
Nanocer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Posting Attachments?

Anyone know why it say's I can't post attachments under "Posting Rules"???

-Will
Nanocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #888
streaks77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanocer View Post
Anyone know why it say's I can't post attachments under "Posting Rules"???

-Will
I think it's to save room on the server... if you're looking to post a photo, has to be a link to photo sharing site outside ADVrider.

On a side note, anyone in Norway riding this bike? I'm headed there next year and trying to get an idea of when the riding season is and any offroad opportunities near Oslo.
streaks77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #889
Kankujoe
Adventure Traveller

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bake View Post
Acerbis handguards, their white color plastic matches the Honda.

Small dash with 2 BMW power plugs for electric vest, battery tender, etc. Wired direct to battery.

The temp gauge is a simple stick-on and can be moved easily. When my Garmin 60csx gets back from repair, I'll fit it to the plate.

What is the small LED gauge left of the ignition?

2012 Suzuki V-Strom-ADV, 2011 Kawasaki Versys, 2008 Yamaha TW200, 2013 Honda CRF250L

I'm never lost... Because I'm always right where I'm at...
Kankujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #890
dsn11487
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankujoe View Post
What is the small LED gauge left of the ignition?
That should be hours meter and tach.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #891
Moat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Is there anyone here who has experience with a KLR250, that would care to comment on comparing power between the two - bone-stock KLR to bone-stock CRF? I love my little KLR, but it's just a tad short on power at times (like trying to maintain 60-65 MPH, loaded and bucking a stiff headwind - where it's about tapped out - makes me cringe running so near WFO for any length of time). Thanks!
Moat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #892
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moat View Post
Is there anyone here who has experience with a KLR250, that would care to comment on comparing power between the two - bone-stock KLR to bone-stock CRF? I love my little KLR, but it's just a tad short on power at times (like trying to maintain 60-65 MPH, loaded and bucking a stiff headwind - where it's about tapped out - makes me cringe running so near WFO for any length of time). Thanks!
I had a KLR 250. Gave it to my brother, so I could get this. I haven't had my CRF out all that much. 340 miles. It's a 250, but to me, it seems that with the FI, it's a better bike. I've had it WFO at 70 a time or two. No matter how you slice it though. It's still a 250, with all the limitations that entails. I love this bike.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #893
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,233
Anyone ride the 250L that has a 29 inch inseam and can flat foot?- ( I know, flat footing isn't everything....to some!)- to me it does mean something!. TIA
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #894
Bake
adventurer

Oddometer: 10,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsn11487 View Post
That should be hours meter and tach.
Works Connection tach and hours meter, correct. So far works as needed. As you can see, the LCD panel has spots that's developed on it, doesn't affect performance but if it does, I ll return it and get another. I haven't washed the bike yet...don't know exactly what is up with it, in due time I may get it moved to the dash plate, depends on how I locate the Dobeck fuel controller. The plan is to install the larger diameter exhaust tip and less restrictive spark arrestor assembly, then the controller.

Bake screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 08:57 PM
Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #895
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
Anyone ride the 250L that has a 29 inch inseam and can flat foot?- ( I know, flat footing isn't everything....to some!)- to me it does mean something!. TIA
I have a 29" inseam and you won't be able to flat foot on either side, let alone both.

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #896
Just Bob
Been There Done That

Oddometer: 257
New to this 250L thread. Thinking of maybe buying one. Just did a trip on a rental and wrote up a report here;

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-f...html#post20574

Old 11-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #897
Crafty_D
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Great weekend :)

Firstly thanks to everyone for their input on the break in and hand guards.

Fitted them the weekend and had some great riding. Next weekend my mate with his klx250 and myself is going to ride the lookout point! :) rocky crazy elevation trails :) will definitely take some nice pics.

Here are my pics of the hand guards just waiting for my custom stickers for the hand gaurds now.

Crafty_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #898
Bksports88
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Fuel

I am curious what fuel everyone is using. The manual says Regular 87 Octane is fine but I have been riding with my brother who has a KTM 500 and hes been filling up with Supreme 92 octane or 93 (cant really remember). So we have been sharing the fuel with him. Im wondering if its pointless or actually helping me out. Also, is it hurting my motor at all? I wouldnt think so but like some expert opinions.

Thanks,
Bksports88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #899
Brk4moose
Could save your life

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bksports88 View Post
I am curious what fuel everyone is using. The manual says Regular 87 Octane is fine but I have been riding with my brother who has a KTM 500 and hes been filling up with Supreme 92 octane or 93 (cant really remember). So we have been sharing the fuel with him. Im wondering if its pointless or actually helping me out. Also, is it hurting my motor at all? I wouldnt think so but like some expert opinions.

Thanks,
Your wasting your money...87 is all the CRF needs. Your bikes engine will not benefit from using a higher octane than is recommended in the owner's manual. But if your engine knocks or pings at the recommended octane level, you may need a higher octane gasoline to prevent the knock.
Brk4moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #900
yyz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Limited Fuel Range

After spending the first 500kms on the road, I finally got out of the city with a friend and hit some dirt roads and two tracks trails. I was riding the bike hard and emptied the tank twice in less than 250 kms, about half of that was riding hard in the dirt and gravel.

When I rode on the street I figured I'd be good for back country exploring as I was getting 180kms out of a tank, but ride the bike hard and it really sucks back the gas. My guess is riding hard, you would have a hard time getting 100kms/60 miles out of a tank.

If a aftermarket tank does not come out, I am going to have to find some way of carrying some extra gas.

Other than that, the bike really comes alive off the pavement, doesn't feel at all like the same bike.
yyz is offline   Reply With Quote