ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #991
Road Dirt
Adventurer
 
Road Dirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Oddometer: 12
Valve Clearance

Anyone know the valve clearance specs?
Waiting on a manual...
Road Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #992
Guerillah
Adventurer
 
Guerillah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Oddometer: 97
Picked mine up today!

Guerillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #993
CRFSoCal
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Oddometer: 43
I took the bike offroad for the first time yesterday. I had so much fun that even though I feel. I hit a pretty big rut that threw me off the bike. Just some minor scratches on the bike but i bent the stock bars. It gives me an excuse to buy new bars. All in All I love the bike.
CRFSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #994
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Oddometer: 110
Speedo DRD/13T Sprocket Calculation For Error

I recently put on a 13T front sprocket and ordered the 12 O'clock Labs Speedo DRD to return the speedometer to the correct setting. Has anyone put the DRD on a bike with the stock rear tire and just a 13T front sprocket change? What was your error calculation to input into the DRD? I used the calculator on their website and came up with a calculated gearing error of -7.1% but this does not include any factory speedometer error. I don't know what if any factory speedometer error there is on this bike and am just wondering if anyone else has made these changes on a CRF250L with a stock rear tire and what calculated gearing error you came up with?
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #995
JRNASTY
Adventurer
 
JRNASTY's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: King George, Va
Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Dirt View Post
Anyone know the valve clearance specs?
Waiting on a manual...
I was wondering the same and found it over here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...t=valve&page=9

Per the Service Manual

Valve Clearance
Index line IN - 0.16 +/- 0.03 mm (0.006 +/- 0.001 in)
Index Line EX - 0.27 +/- 0.03 mm (0.011 +/- 0.001 in)

So my question, Anyone know a replacement folding shift lever and brake lever?
JRNASTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #996
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u
 
SugarDust's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Firestone, Colorado
Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
I recently put on a 13T front sprocket and ordered the 12 O'clock Labs Speedo DRD to return the speedometer to the correct setting. Has anyone put the DRD on a bike with the stock rear tire and just a 13T front sprocket change? What was your error calculation to input into the DRD? I used the calculator on their website and came up with a calculated gearing error of -7.1% but this does not include any factory speedometer error. I don't know what if any factory speedometer error there is on this bike and am just wondering if anyone else has made these changes on a CRF250L with a stock rear tire and what calculated gearing error you came up with?
Maybe you could use a GPS unit to compare indicated (Speedometer) to indicated on the GPS and generate gearing error figure - thats the approach I would take if I were to do that.
__________________
COHVCO/BRC/AMA

2013 KTM 250 XC-W
2013 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #997
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer
 
byron555's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Central Wisconsin
Oddometer: 1,093
Went from 650 to 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4serge View Post
Hey, I was wondering if those CRF250L owners who used to ride XR600R can tell how riding these bikes feel in comparison. They weigh about the same, and I guess CRF is higher revving and gives better fuel economy, but does it feel way underpowered if you are making switch from XR600R ?
Ok, not the same but... I went from an XR650l to a WR250r. No regrets the WRr is better almost everywhere, including on road in terms of comfort and smoothness. The fuel injection is wonderful.

In terms of the CRF, you will notice a big difference in power stock, however the aftermarket is red hot for this bike and performance gains are already available and effective
__________________
Another inmate stole my Avatar...
WR250R... 15 cubic inches of raw power.
WRr re-build
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #998
Rider1
Ridin' Dave
 
Rider1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
I recently put on a 13T front sprocket and ordered the 12 O'clock Labs Speedo DRD to return the speedometer to the correct setting. Has anyone put the DRD on a bike with the stock rear tire and just a 13T front sprocket change? What was your error calculation to input into the DRD? I used the calculator on their website and came up with a calculated gearing error of -7.1% but this does not include any factory speedometer error. I don't know what if any factory speedometer error there is on this bike and am just wondering if anyone else has made these changes on a CRF250L with a stock rear tire and what calculated gearing error you came up with?
I used -11.5% and found the speedo within approx. + .6 mph. (13T frt. sprocket and stock tires)

A little tricky getting to the connector and installing the SpeedoHealer plugs but with a little patience it's "doable".

Dave
__________________
2014 KTM 350 EXC-F
Rider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #999
Road Dirt
Adventurer
 
Road Dirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Oddometer: 12
600 Mile Service

Thanks JRNASTY
Road Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #1000
727driver
Flyin'
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: BC
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
I recently put on a 13T front sprocket and ordered the 12 O'clock Labs Speedo DRD to return the speedometer to the correct setting. Has anyone put the DRD on a bike with the stock rear tire and just a 13T front sprocket change? What was your error calculation to input into the DRD? I used the calculator on their website and came up with a calculated gearing error of -7.1% but this does not include any factory speedometer error. I don't know what if any factory speedometer error there is on this bike and am just wondering if anyone else has made these changes on a CRF250L with a stock rear tire and what calculated gearing error you came up with?
-10.3% for me. 13t front is my only mod other than richochet skid plate.
727driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #1001
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond
 
MentalGuru's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Mental Ward
Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by byron555 View Post
Ok, not the same but... I went from an XR650l to a WR250r. No regrets the WRr is better almost everywhere, including on road in terms of comfort and smoothness. The fuel injection is wonderful.

In terms of the CRF, you will notice a big difference in power stock, however the aftermarket is red hot for this bike and performance gains are already available and effective

A WR250R would be a good step down from a XR600R since it mainly gives up power and the seat. You can get enough power back and replace the seat pretty easy. You'll enjoy the handling improvements too.

I was suprised to see a new WRR for $5999.00 OTD(prep, title and tag fees included) + tax and a 300 mile demo for 5399.00 OTD at the dealer the other day. If your legs are long enough thats a great deal IMO.

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #1002
roundtripping
Adventourist
 
roundtripping's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
A WR250R would be a good step down from a XR600R since it mainly gives up power and the seat. You can get enough power back and replace the seat pretty easy. You'll enjoy the handling improvements too.

I was suprised to see a new WRR for $5999.00 OTD(prep, title and tag fees included) + tax and a 300 mile demo for 5399.00 OTD at the dealer the other day. If your legs are long enough thats a great deal IMO.

__________________
12 F658GS
13 Honda CRF250L


My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #1003
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond
 
MentalGuru's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Mental Ward
Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundtripping View Post


MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #1004
billfires
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: SE Mass
Oddometer: 35
Just rode home from the dealer in 40 degree temps. A little cold but I haven't had this feeling since I had my SL 350 in 1980-81. Was only a 15 mile ride but took all back roads. First addition will be a tachometer as the bike is so quiet. Will post pics when I figure out how. Bill C
billfires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #1005
jtbek
ADV990R
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: WeOak, CA
Oddometer: 35
RideApart video with the new 250L.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx1rl...1D914B66D2A0AF
jtbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014