User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2014, 06:26 AM   #1
Welshman OP
B.U.F.F.

Oddometer: 1,186
Honda CX500 Turbo

Sorry guys could be in the wrong section, but I thought I would post the pic here anyway, this CX500 Turbo rocked up outside my local bar today, he was off for a haircut, but I was surprised at how origininal it is, despite some indicator lenses obviously being glued it is 100% original.. not restored original.....

Welshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:48 AM   #2
crashxl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
There is a mint condition one at a local Honda dealer. I offered $10000 and the owner turned it down. Would love to have owned it.

Most of my money was spent on motorcycles, liquor , and women. The rest I wasted!
Old 12-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
Scrivens
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
I had one back in the day. Lovely fast and comfortable bike and one of my favourites but it was plagued with electrical problems. I had a number of extremely expensive sensors fail when the bike was only a couple of years old and the charging system died which requires pulling the engine to fix. At the time they were the most expensive production bike for sale here (leaving aside true exotica like MVs etc) and cost quite a bit more than a BMW K100. There have been a couple for sale here recently at around $8K but no takers.
Scrivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,261
Interesting!

I see a few unusual things in the picture; at least compared to my /82 Canadian CX500Turbo, anyway.

- The weird silver protruding "cone" at the rear of the muffler- that doesn't look like any pictures I've ever seen of turbo mufflers!

-The position of the front amber reflectors on the fairing instead of the front forks.

-Curious that the white silkscreened stripe and HONDA print has been removed from the seat. I removed it from mine, and thought I'd be the only person on the planet to do it, lol (His seat doesn't appear to be latched properly at the back, too)

Granted I painted mine black so it's not stock, but I really preferred it that way

Alas, to my continual regret, sold long ago now...

L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote