Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #121
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
After 250 days of being lied to, I would save up some more money, fly over to Romania and kick him in the balls.
A few times.
Sorry to hear this happened to you. People like him always get what they deserve.

2x I would find him and get my money back or teach him a valuable lesson about doing business in an honest fashion.
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #122
cristi-mic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=219
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #123
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristi-mic View Post
sheesh. That sucks. Good thing ADV has friends ALL around the world.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #124
Simplyred
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
And? How did it work out HolyCannoli ?

I guess we are again one month further since this crook made you his last promises.... what happened ?
Did he deliver (guess not, otherwise you would probably have posted this here) ?
So, what's next ?
Simplyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #125
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,242
Quote:
Awesome offer to help! Really nice of you!

And is that your wife in you blog pictures?? You lucky devil you......

I would be looking at this option by now, contact the Police in his town, and start a legal complaint. You're obviously not getting your money back, and either way 250 days is fucking ludicrous. Keep us up to date with this and the name change - I don't ever want to accidentally do business with that asshat.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #126
cip2006is
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
my konvoi experience!

Hello guys!
I just found this thread about "konvoi" and caught my eye. I am a konvoi costumer since the summer of 2010. I got my sidecases with a bit of elay, one week if I remember preciselly, I payed for the racks (supports) but didn't get them. I contacted Istvan and he claimed that he sent the supports but didn't arrived cos they have been damaged on the way and returned to him damaged. I was making preparations for a trip from Cyprus to Romania, through Turkey and Bulgaria. So I was late getting my bike ready cos I had no supports for the panniers. My only solution was to manufacture myself the supports for the panniers and when I was in Romania I payed the guy a visit and got the supports that I payed for. I did another 700 km from my city to his city just to finish the deal. I was happy with the result and the quality of the product, Istvan is a good manufacturer, but he lacks bussines disciplne. I feel sorry for him cos he lost his wife that year. I thought he overcomed all his problems but I see he managed to make a bad reputation of himself. Stil got the konvoi lagguage sistem, very happy with it, felt down few times and still good.
PS: I am romanian living n Cyprus (for now), probably I was lucky my trip was to Romania not to somewhere else and I managed to get what I payed for.
cip2006is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #127
Lorretto
City Dweller Crushperado

Oddometer: 311
This guy is a real piece of work - he now has 12 videos on Youtube all of which now have the comment feature disabled. Not hard to figure out why.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=konvoiromania11&oq=konvoiromania11&gs_l=youtube.12...2142.2142.0.4183.1.1.0.0.0.0.462 .462.4-1.1.0...0.0...1ac.zGGn8PFpMEA

I hope that HolyCannoli got his cases. MPOU if you have not already flagged the video's there is a flag button along with reason scam/fraud. Konvoi must get enough business off Youtube that he is trying very hard to keep the controversy away from his posts.
Lorretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #128
cristi-mic
Adventurer

I also flagged a few videos for scam/fraud. We should all do the same.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #129
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,379
Quote:
Agreed.

People like this vendor really tick me off.

Konvoi, you are a liar and a thief. I hope you go to jail.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #130
nobody
motomaniac

Oddometer: 1,680
Well,I looked at the mail receipt it said"geantă moto" wich is a singular for motorcycle bag,it does not mean that both bags were sent,hope this will get solved,I'm so ashamed for what people on my former country do for a hand full of coin.I believe this guy barely speaks Roumanian since he is hungarian after all.This sucks!Hope your shop will blow you in pieces you fucking piece of shit asshole!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #131
mpou
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Pissed ripoff update

Just an update, 250 days has now become 282 days. Emails are blocked. No response of any form from his Facebook site either. I am having difficulty finding an address, an email, or a phone number in the town where he lives where I could lodge an official complain. Any romanian out there who could help me with that?
Thanks.
mpou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #132
GlassAnkles
Chip to Queso Ratio

Oddometer: 1,520
Quote:
flagged them all just now.

click sequence....(the flag under the video)...spam...scams/fraud
GlassAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #133
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpou View Post
Just an update, 250 days has now become 282 days. Emails are blocked. No response of any form from his Facebook site either. I am having difficulty finding an address, an email, or a phone number in the town where he lives where I could lodge an official complain. Any romanian out there who could help me with that?
Thanks.
I hate to hear things like this, on a forum like this. But I think some folks mentioned they were not that far away and might be able to have a face to face conversation with him. I hope that they can convince him to do the right thing.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #134
cristi-mic
Adventurer

http://www.politiaromana.ro/maramures.htm
Old 12-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #135
subybaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,888
Same as above, but in English:

http://translate.google.com/translat.../maramures.htm

..and here's a repost from the OTHER KONVOI thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by subybaja View Post
Edit- mods, I know the personal info thing, but 1) this is all public data I found while laying in bed with an iPad, and 2) Scammers! Thieves! Crooks! Why shelter them? Lemme know if it's a problem.
------------------

Here's a fun little exercise:

Google "lauramarginean1980". You'll find a Photobucket with a bunch of pannier pics, and a lot of bike forums.

And THiS, some kind of logo design site. Konvoi.ro has a logo there, contributed by Istvan Maczo. Istvan, hmm?

Google "Istvan Maczo Romania", and you find a stunter site and a bunch of reports like this one from 2009: Organiser abandons stunt show and steals prize money!

This guy just keeps getting better...

...and BETTER! (Feb 2010- 4 arrested in Baia Mare for theft/ bank fraud using false ID cards- Istvan Maczo, wife Daniela Maczo, and two others)

From THIS site:

MACZO ISTVAN
BD. BUCURESTI NR. 35
BAIA MARE, MARAMURES
Romania*
Telephone/telefon 0262437314

And backing up a few steps- http://www.urbanmoto.ro/?page=8

The star of our show, Istvan!

"Daniela"

Bank Fraud Guy Vasile Pop
Quote:
Originally Posted by subybaja View Post
Konvoi.ro and urbanmoto.ro web host contact info HERE. Maybe Claudiu knows where to find him?

Also a big list of Sponsors and Partners of the stunt riders club he runs (ran?)HERE. I wonder if they all support the way he does business? Surely not.

"ElCamino" might be one of his handles. It showed up on the logo site, and sounds like him HERE.

I do have to say it's odd if the stand-up guy who started a stunter club to curb dangerous behavior and the ADV scammer are the same guy...but between the name and location, they must be.
Good luck to those of you still owed money/boxes!