Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2015, 06:33 PM   #1
RodrigoVU OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
SYM Citycom .. from 263cc to 278cc

Hi there,

My name is Rodrigo, I'm writing from Brazil and this is my first post in this forum.

Sym Citycom is very popular here in my country and I own a 11/12 one qith 20.000km.

I already run it with J.Costa variator, Iridium spark plug, sport air filter.

I rode it w/o air filter for about 10.000km, so the engine might have sucked some dirt and it's "drinking oil".

A friend of mine will be in Netherlands on April and I'v found there at www.easyparts.nl all the parts from the SYM GTS 300i engine.

This engine displacement is 278cc, with 75mm bore, against my stock 263cc, 73mm bore.

I'd like to know if anybody knows if the water and screws holes in the engine cylinder are the same for the 263 and 278 engines, since I'd like to keep my engine block, crankshaft and rod aswell as cylinder head

My idea is to replace the cylinder, piston, gaskets, cylinder pin and maybe the injection unit.

Rgds

Rodrigo
RodrigoVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:35 PM   #2
Chillis
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,868
Send an email to the Netherlands retailer. With any luck it will be bolt on.
Chillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #3
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,943
I ll put me 2 cents worth here since something like it has been pop up for 8 years on the honda ch250 elite and cn250 honda helix . The math which I ve read basically says your paying Mega cash for 23 or less rise in engine power vs little horsepower gain . That 15cc in you case might mean 1 to 2 MPG more top engine . Basically you would not even notice it . You popping 2 to 4oo bucks . You get the same thing by taking rollers out and putting sliders in the tranny. Replace stock clutch with racing or end up clutch and more power and speed. Also changing out stock clutch springs can have the same effect . Google the SYM forum for more info .

I feel your just pissing away money. Also this type of unproven engine tinkering if you don't know your stuff can trash an engine easy
Old 01-14-2015, 03:06 AM   #4
RodrigoVU OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Send an email to the Netherlands retailer. With any luck it will be bolt on.
Hi there, I've already done that, but they don't know.

:-(
Old 01-14-2015, 03:10 AM   #5
RodrigoVU OP
n00b

Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
I ll put me 2 cents worth here since something like it has been pop up for 8 years on the honda ch250 elite and cn250 honda helix . The math which I ve read basically says your paying Mega cash for 23 or less rise in engine power vs little horsepower gain . That 15cc in you case might mean 1 to 2 MPG more top engine . Basically you would not even notice it . You popping 2 to 4oo bucks . You get the same thing by taking rollers out and putting sliders in the tranny. Replace stock clutch with racing or end up clutch and more power and speed. Also changing out stock clutch springs can have the same effect . Google the SYM forum for more info .

I feel your just pissing away money. Also this type of unproven engine tinkering if you don't know your stuff can trash an engine easy

Thanks for the answer. Actually, the 2015 Citycom in Taiwan already has the 278cc, power raised from 23hp to 28hp. I know I'll spend EUR330 for very few difference, but as my engine need to be opened anyway due to the oil consumption, I though about using the bigger cylinder. (the cost is basically the same).

I have already tryed severall Dr. Pulley rollers and nowadays I run a J.Costa variator. I don't need final MPH, I want fast runs, as I only ride in town.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #6
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodrigoVU View Post
Thanks for the answer. Actually, the 2015 Citycom in Taiwan already has the 278cc, power raised from 23hp to 28hp. I know I'll spend EUR330 for very few difference, but as my engine need to be opened anyway due to the oil consumption, I though about using the bigger cylinder. (the cost is basically the same).

I have already tryed severall Dr. Pulley rollers and nowadays I run a J.Costa variator. I don't need final MPH, I want fast runs, as I only ride in town.
Well thats a differnt fish all together once you have to work on an engine then the cost come down . Also I was talking about scooters with Carbs . Fuel injection plus cc can mean far more power. At the same time engine redesign can be were the 5 horsey came from . Everything from how a tranny getts the petdal to the metal . Hint she / he or it doesn't wear high heels to also pistons , head design etc. Maybe someone on the SYM forum knows more . Google for it. Also on that forum they know guys whom sell and ship parts from Taiwan. he has a good rep with the bonus of being were they are made and very common . price isnt much more including shipping .
Old 01-15-2015, 03:23 AM   #7
RodrigoVU OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
Well thats a differnt fish all together once you have to work on an engine then the cost come down . Also I was talking about scooters with Carbs . Fuel injection plus cc can mean far more power. At the same time engine redesign can be were the 5 horsey came from . Everything from how a tranny getts the petdal to the metal . Hint she / he or it doesn't wear high heels to also pistons , head design etc. Maybe someone on the SYM forum knows more . Google for it. Also on that forum they know guys whom sell and ship parts from Taiwan. he has a good rep with the bonus of being were they are made and very common . price isnt much more including shipping .
Hi there, I've already "googled"for it a lot, hehehe There is a Taiawner on ebay that sell a kit for 299cc, but I've talked to a russian guy (thanks, google translator) who had problems with this kit due to the very high compression ratio.... I think I'll try these 278 parts...