Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 02:32 AM   #1
white_bear OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Across Russia & Europe to Vladivostok!

Hello All-
I am planning a trip from Cologne, Germany to Vladivostok, Russia. The actual route has not been set through europe, and after the Urals, you just point the bike east until you run out of land. Departure date is around 1 June 2013.

So far, I have not decided on any particular countries to get to Russia, but I think I will avoid Belarus. Some stops along the way are fine, with a fixed date of 30 June/1 July to be in Vladivostok. The bike will be stored in Vladivostok or shipped back to Moscow.

My partner has decided to bail out so I am looking for any riding partner(s) for all or any portions of the trip. I expect motel/hotel in western Russia and more camping the farther east one goes. I have a Suzuki DR650 and will not be a speed demon. I would expect a daily 600-675Km/375-425Mi per day average to go the distance. The general route would be to follow the Trans Siber Railway.

If anyone is interested in the trip or parts of it, PM me with email address. I speak English, pretty good Spanish, and beginner Russian. After that, it is cave man talk...

I hope some are interested, I will try to post a ride report and spot tracking as well. Whatever you think, this will be an adventure for someone from USA (like me), and create memories.

Comments?? Advice?? Whatever...
(This is also posted in Europe- I hope is OK)
wb
white_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
white_bear OP
Adventurer

Laugh The crowd scene!

Hey!! Don't everyone jump in all at once and clog the thread!!!

disguised bump
Old 04-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
yokesman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
think this regional forums gets little viewing ,move it to the main ride or planning forum.
yokesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
white_bear OP
Adventurer

Question Move?

How do I move this to Planning? I will start a Ride Report soon.

Administrator Help?
Old 07-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
MisterMaster
boob

Oddometer: 16
Hi there,

This is not what you were looking for, but if you happen to continue on from Vladivostok to South Korea, let me know!

Best of luck~
MisterMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
klausdorth
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Same here, from Korea it's just a short "hop and jump" to Japan!

Just in case you will continue, send me a mail!!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:35 AM   #7
Potapych
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Well, you don't need to avoid Belarus. First of all, roads in belarus are much better than in Ukraine. Actually the best way from Europe to Moscow is Brest-Moscow highway. Other ways are bit more complicated and time consuming. For example, Riga-Moscow road is under construction at some points. Roads in Ukraine are not good and more important you will need to cross one more border between EU and Ukraine and between Ukraine and Russia. At the moment i am not sure that you can cross ru-Ua border quickly keeping in mind current crisis. There is no border between Belarus and Russia, so it much easier.

Even more i suggest you to make a stop somewhere in Belarus. I do not think that you will have any problems there. Prices are lower than in Russia and people are very friendly.

From Moscow you will have a lot of routes to east. I suggest you to include part of touristic "Golden Ring" route. Long route is Moscow - Sergiev Posad - Pereslavl - Yaroslavl - Kostroma - Nizhny Novgorod will be fun enough or you could go through Vladimir and Souzdal to Nizhniy Novgorod.
Kazan is good place to see. For sure dont miss Altay region, this is far but worth it.

Organized campings are rare in Russia. On other hand you can find a place to camp where your want, there is almost no restrictions.

P.s., wrote all of this and realized that this is old topic. :)
Potapych is offline   Reply With Quote