User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #31
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,565
Multistrada 2013 pictures

First pics of the 2013 Multi, at moto.it.

Click on the main photo and it loads a full left-side shot.

They have the graphics beautifully right. Stylist should get his salary doubled for doing this on that ugly canvas. Nearly as nice as my S4Rs.

As for the changes:

"Anyway, for our readers is wait another week: our Francesco Paolillo is leaving for Bilbao where he will try the new Ducati. Then you will know every detail."
Old 09-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #32
scrannel
Scrannel

Oddometer: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
HD introduced their 2013 lineup about a month ago.

No new water cooled heads, everything is essentially the same as '12.
Right, but lot of speculation on some HD forums that with the 2013 line looking a bit narrow, there are expectations (rumors?) of a late intro.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #33
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
They are - but cheaper, and with 58hp.
Now with real forks!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #34
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Now with real forks!
That too.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #35
PizzaHog OP
Thought Criminal

Oddometer: 2,775
From Lion in another thread [http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...#post19590662]

New/revised for 2013:

1. I had first heard of twin spark plugs. Not sure that is confirmed as a change, except that Ducati worked on making the motor more fluid. The latest on this department is that the injectors were repositioned.

2. New computer/software

3. New suspension. First I had heard of active suspension. Now the word is semi-active. It is supposed to adapt to the riding style or conditions of the ride.

4. New ABS, derived from the Panigale's, and allows for the exclusion of ABS intervention on the rear wheel, and variable response according to the selected driving mode.

5. New wind screen. Four attachment points and curved up on the top (as in the picture of the article sited above).

We will know more after the Bilbao's September 23rd date. Or at EICMA.

In summary, changes are evolutionary, and more on the technical side than on the style side of things.

Lion
"For just as the Constitution is not a suicide pact, neither is there an obligation in the civil society to go meekly to one’s death at the state’s behest, or to satisfy its lust for absolute control over its citizens." Michael Walsh
PizzaHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #36
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaHog View Post
From Lion in another thread [http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...#post19590662]

New/revised for 2013:

1. I had first heard of twin spark plugs. Not sure that is confirmed as a change, except that Ducati worked on making the motor more fluid. The latest on this department is that the injectors were repositioned.

2. New computer/software

3. New suspension. First I had heard of active suspension. Now the word is semi-active. It is supposed to adapt to the riding style or conditions of the ride.

4. New ABS, derived from the Panigale's, and allows for the exclusion of ABS intervention on the rear wheel, and variable response according to the selected driving mode.

5. New wind screen. Four attachment points and curved up on the top (as in the picture of the article sited above).

We will know more after the Bilbao's September 23rd date. Or at EICMA.

In summary, changes are evolutionary, and more on the technical side than on the style side of things.

Lion
Yep, I wrote that, thanks for posting it here, and I had originally gotten it from one of the Italian forums, this was the Multistrada 1200 Forum.

The information seem to be legit, as mentioned by Apessino. It is a long thread and at times people thought the rumors were only related to the Hyper 848.

But now that this picture surfaced (moto.it) we can see that the screen on this bike corroborates with the items brought forward earlier (the screen changes - 4 points instead of three of attachment and the changed shape on top). This makes me think the original information has a good level of truth to it. Although some uncertainty remains in terms of details: twin spark or repositioned fuel injector? Or both?

One other change I forgot to mention was that the headlights could be LEDs. And the shape of the headlights seem to be slightly different, especially as it moves away from the center. They seem to be slightly larger now.

Lion

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #37
sleepyOwl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,293
Suzuki DL 1000, GSXR 1000 … GSR and 1000 F

http://www.newbikesinfo.com/suzuki-d...sr-and-1000-f/

Everything is Amazing and No one is Happy

sleepyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #38
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,536
The GSR range has my attention. By all accounts the 750 is a great fun bike. The faired / half faired sports tourer could be an interesting development as long as Suzuki don't dumb it down from it's source donor bike too much.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #39
Glenngineer
Scooty Puff Sr.

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedScot View Post
Broken English generically and noncommittally confirming a few rumors and starting a few new ones, with no evidence and a Photoshopped image of a 'new' bike next to an DL650 intended to come off as a DL1000 to the less astute...

Sound like standard shitty motojournalism, and I'm not buying any of it.
Glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #40
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,403
probably 205 but...
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bike...0-adventure-r/

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #41
PizzaHog OP
Thought Criminal

Oddometer: 2,775
From eakins in the XTourer thread over in Beasts: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...2013-Honda.htm

Sport Touring
- 2013 Honda ST1300 ABS
- 2013 Honda Crossrunner VFR800X
- 2013 Honda Crosstourer

"For just as the Constitution is not a suicide pact, neither is there an obligation in the civil society to go meekly to one’s death at the state’s behest, or to satisfy its lust for absolute control over its citizens." Michael Walsh
PizzaHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #42
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 5,212
Bold new colors on the 13 year old GL1800.
Why did they bother moving production back to Japan
if they weren't going to do the long over due redesign?

It is just a bunch of inner tubes Roy . . . - Cannonshot
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional. - Haroon
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #43
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,565
Multistrada drops Ohlins

Basics announced on new Duc Multis.

Headliner appears to be this:

Which is a touring version with the optional bigger pannier lids (73 Litre), top-box and radiator protection bars fitted as standard, plus spotlights.

Former Sport model dropped for the new Pikes Peak:

Still few details on changes under the skin, but confirmed as new three-mode ABS, a "second generation" Testa 11 engine, and "Skyook" semi-active suspension.

And Ohlins has gone from the range, it appears - unless they are painting their fork legs grey now. No oficial word yet on who makes what they've substituted.

More here at the Ducati website, or the usual places around the net such as ashonbikes.com.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #44
DOUBLE-O G
Smooth Operator

Oddometer: 2,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaHog View Post
From eakins in the XTourer thread over in Beasts: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...2013-Honda.htm

Sport Touring
- 2013 Honda ST1300 ABS
- 2013 Honda Crossrunner VFR800X
- 2013 Honda Crosstourer

The website also lists the CBF1000... I know it is sold in Canada. Could it be that Honda is really trying to diversify its products again in the US? If the Crossrunner makes it over here, I am definitely buying one!
DOUBLE-O G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #45
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,403
You already know two, since we have already unveiled the projects that we thought we saw happen in 2012. Thus, we were wrong a year: Suzuki DL 1000 – An overhaul of the old DL 1000 V-Strom – Suzuki GSR and 1000 – is a brand new 4-cylinder roadster in line with the Suzuki GSR750 – therefore arrive – finally! – In concessions in 2013.
Papazo imagined the future in these 2013 Suzuki GSR1000 aggressive lines.
A 2013 Suzuki GT Road … but which one?
But, surprise of all, it is also announcing a new Suzuki GT in 2013, a big bike dedicated to tourism, which also holds the attention. According to our latest news, confirmed by management in conjunction with testing the GSX-R 1000 2012, this bike will be based on the technical basis for the GSR 1000, with the opportunity for a head fork (or fairing) and the usual equipment dedicated to the road with a luggage. This announcement has something to arouse the curiosity of thrifty backpackers. Anyway, here anyway what the morale of troops, provided that Suzuki Japan takes its time … and promises. Should we keep our disguise Suzuki dealer at hand, stay tuned!

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote