Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #676
FabOneUp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyns View Post
Boxer with a shaft drive... with the rocker covers painted red off course...

Not even funny. . AND I can't get the fricken images out of my head!

FabOneUp screwed with this post 10-26-2012 at 02:07 PM Reason: More to add
FabOneUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #677
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,441
Some poor elderly Swedish engineer just felt a great disturbance in the Force.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #678
kyns
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,437
Com'oon, the new Husky TGS 1200 Terraboss with it's Huskyklever suspension will be a sexy beast.

To keep the costs down they will out source the assembly / fabrication from Ger... Italy, to North Korea.

It'll be fine. I want the R model that has the fog lights and a roll cage. It's for the rough stuff.

I just hope Touratech is ready when that puppy comes out, i want to add at least 200 pounds of crap on it !
kyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #679
FabOneUp
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
Some poor elderly Swedish engineer just felt a great disturbance in the Force.
Now THAT is funny! I bet he did this too........
Old 10-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #680
FabOneUp
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Com'oon, the new Husky TGS 1200 Terraboss with it's Huskyklever suspension will be a sexy beast.

To keep the costs down they will out source the assembly / fabrication from Ger... Italy, to North Korea.

It'll be fine. I want the R model that has the fog lights and a roll cage. It's for the rough stuff.

I just hope Touratech is ready when thap puppy comes out, i want to add at least 200 pounds of crap on it !
I am completely damaged here
Old 10-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #681
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 4,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules083 View Post
Rather than a platform to modify into a good adventure bike it seems more like they combined the worst of all dual sports into one bike.

Small gastank
Heavy
No wind protection
No attempt at even a plastic skid plate
Luggage looks to be difficult and expensive

It's kinda like if you took a XR650R and added 100 lbs without actually improving anything.
Or maybe added power to a KLR but removed the fairings and made parts more expensive.
Am I missing something?

Yes.
15 more BHP, ABS, FI, lower seat height, 20 more mpg so better range, panniers, more comfortable travel ergos...
It's not a comparable bike to the XR650. It's an adventure bike, not a dirt bike like the excellent XR.

Here's one guys experience on his new TR650.

It is just a bunch of inner tubes Roy . . . - Cannonshot
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional. - Haroon

bobobob screwed with this post 10-26-2012 at 03:12 PM
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #682
Blaise W
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 630
About to head out for a long nite drive, plus some tomorrow, to get my 650 Terra. Bringing it home tomorrow and heading out for a ride on Sunday. Can't wait to see how she does. My nearest dealer has some coming in December, but I didn't want to wait, hence the long drive. He said that dealers are calling around trying to grab other dealers bikes because they are already oversold! Anyone wants one soon, better get on the list. For now there will be three dual sports in the garage, all different. We will have to see if any of them have to leave home, but I doubt it right now. I think this is going to be a nice road bike, replacing my R1200RT. The Terra is going to be much more versatile.
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #683
Falcon Rust
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
A tr1200...

Would be called Mondo - Italian for world.

Quote:

I just hope Touratech is ready when that puppy comes out, i want to add at least 200 pounds of crap on it !
Falcon Rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #684
Xanthophyll
Dirt Roads of MN

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaisew View Post
About to head out for a long nite drive, plus some tomorrow, to get my 650 Terra. Bringing it home tomorrow and heading out for a ride on Sunday. Can't wait to see how she does. My nearest dealer has some coming in December, but I didn't want to wait, hence the long drive. He said that dealers are calling around trying to grab other dealers bikes because they are already oversold! Anyone wants one soon, better get on the list.

Awesome. Keep us updated. I imagine after winter there should be some to be had. I'm looking at about 5 months of snow here in MN and won't be ready to buy until March-April. Post some pics!
Xanthophyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #685
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,700
Quote:

Have you seen the Twin Universal Rear Drive they have patented for the Husqvarna flat twin 1200?

Twin drive shafts to two skinny rear wheels and utilising a single floating rear disc brake between each wheel. If you get a flat then you can still continue on the other tyre and twin drive gives more grip than single drive.

What could go wrong?

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #686
scanda
Trooper

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnr View Post
I have been following this bike for awhile now and really like it. I may downsize my 950 to one of these. I was wondering if anyone has any info on the maintenance requirements as far as valve adj, what oil is recommended? Also I would suspect these use premium gas. A friend has the new Sertao and was told to run it on regular....any comment on that?
Would like to know also Terra owners.
scanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #687
Williamc
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Curious as to what people are paying OTD..... stopped by the local dealer to take peek at one and was quoted $8200 to $8500 "off the top of his head"
Williamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #688
SamM
Jeep Overlander

Oddometer: 1,470
Quote:
Curious as to what people are paying OTD..... stopped by the local dealer to take peek at one and was quoted $8200 to $8500 "off the top of his head"
Find another shop. I was quoted $6500 by the dealer I visited on Thursday. Of course, I'll have to pay tax on it. I'm going to take $6000 in one hundred dollar bills and see what I can get. There should be some price break for a cash deal. Hall's will match prices. Talked with them too!
SamM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #689
Williamc
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM View Post
Find another shop. I was quoted $6500 by the dealer I visited on Thursday. Of course, I'll have to pay tax on it. I'm going to take $6000 in one hundred dollar bills and see what I can get. There should be some price break for a cash deal. Hall's will match prices. Talked with them too!
I was hoping the dealer in town would be reasonable for convenience sake, nearest other dealer is 45 min away, but have heard mixed things about them. I may give them another try and try a different person.
Williamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #690
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
Husky didn't design it at all to take it down that one singletrack.
Why is that so hard to understand? They have TE bikes for that.
If they re-did the tranny that means a new an engine redo and it's no longer under 7K. You don't get a 10k KTM 690 clone for 7K.
If I wanted a KLR I would buy a KLR.
Wait, I already owned one.

You have never come to the end of a trail and found an easy section of single track that you want to explore?

I did it many times on my KLR, each time I wished that I had a bike that was a bit lighter and had better gearing.

Hate to say it (no I don't), but the general consensus by most of the test riders was that it needed a six speed transmission or at least a lower first gear.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote