Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #1111
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Guys like Aldon Baker come into play outdoors where real racing takes place in 100 degree plus temps,running two 30 minute motos.
Kenny Roberts,Scotty and Jay Springsteen could never perform like Blake Baggett did last year at Redbud.Its like comparing apples to roast beef.Springer never trained,hence the famous"Smokes and Cokes" quote.Baker deserves props,but guys like Dungey developed they're own regime,while Milsaps credits Yogi Lusk.No disrespect to either Springer or Roberts.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #1112
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Kenny Roberts,Scotty and Jay Springsteen could never perform like Blake Baggett did last year at Redbud.
Assuming he was trying Blake Baggett wouldn't make one lap on a TZ750 dirt tracker before he ended up on his ass.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #1113
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 4,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Assuming he was trying Blake Baggett wouldn't make one lap on a TZ750 dirt tracker before he ended up on his ass.

Neither could you..........but so what.

The riders today ( as a group)are better riders, are in better shape and more serious/focused than they were at any time in the past. Mainly because there are more "fast guys" than ever before.

You can put on your rose colored glasses and argue otherwise, but very few of us will agree.

I'm 55 years old.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #1114
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
I thought that the track was terrible with virtually no place for the guys to pass.

It was great to see Windham throw out an opening transfer and good to hear him on the mike.

Milsaps isn't the surprise anymore. He is the real deal.

Reed had the speed to reel him in but made a dumb error. Have all of rReed's crashes been in right hand turns?

Speaking of which.......can we please see an off-camber sometime this season?

Those two turns around the tuff-block thrown out there bugged me too.
I'm with you, even the few spots that had more than one line, neither was any faster. It might as well been 36" wide for the entire lap. The only race was down the start straight.
Navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #1115
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
Neither could you..........but so what.

The riders today ( as a group)are better riders, are in better shape and more serious/focused than they were at any time in the past. Mainly because there are more "fast guys" than ever before.

You can put on your rose colored glasses and argue otherwise, but very few of us will agree.

I'm 55 years old.
I'm 55. Nobody is more in awe of these riders than me. I'm not wearing rose colored glasses I'm saying that riders have had all time great careers without personal trainers and that Aldon Baker isn't why "his riders" win. they win because they're on the gas.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #1116
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,802
Nice troll Flug.

Strong Bad screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 04:10 PM Reason: Added pic for visual reference
Strong Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #1117
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
Nice troll Flug.

It gets a bit old though,don't you think?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #1118
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
It gets a bit old though,don't you think?
I don't know, I guess I haven't really been paying attention to his posts.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #1119
nachtflug
infidel

so did RV go from 4th to 6th on the last lap? just watched the 450 main on speed. Reed must be fit to be tied he was right there.

also Windham definitely made reference to his fears of being hurt and how it played a big role in his decision to retire.

so what is the drill on Fridays at these things? I fly to Dallas this Thursday and will have Friday to do whatever I want. are the pits open on Fridays? do they ride the track on Fridays?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #1120
natedog39
New Sheriff in town

Oddometer: 6,258
Quote:
I'm 55. Nobody is more in awe of these riders than me. I'm not wearing rose colored glasses I'm saying that riders have had all time great careers without personal trainers and that Aldon Baker isn't why "his riders" win. they win because they're on the gas.
Could it be, with his help they're "on the gas" the whole race?

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv

Team Ghetto does a hot lap of America
natedog39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #1121
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,190
Quote:
I fly to Dallas this Thursday and will have Friday to do whatever I want. are the pits open on Fridays? do they ride the track on Fridays?
Go to the Stockyards in FW and catch the cattle drive. Maybe a rodeo going on too? Great restaurants everywhere..
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #1122
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,782
Quote:
so did RV go from 4th to 6th on the last lap? just watched the 450 main on speed. Reed must be fit to be tied he was right there.

also Windham definitely made reference to his fears of being hurt and how it played a big role in his decision to retire.

so what is the drill on Fridays at these things? I fly to Dallas this Thursday and will have Friday to do whatever I want. are the pits open on Fridays? do they ride the track on Fridays?
We took the tour of Cowboy stadium last year (on Friday). It is pretty cool to see behind the scenes. They were finishing up the track all day Friday. I think some guys may have been test riding it or something, but nothing much else that I could tell was going on.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #1123
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Duh,what the fuck is your point,oh you have none.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #1124
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,229
Quote:

If you want to meet a rider, find out what shop they will be at on Friday night. If you want to see a rider in the pits (bring a Monster can to get in free) find out what you need to do to get a ticket. Don't believe the TV hype about the "Party in the Pits" If you want an autograph for a top rider you need a ticket to get in line. Last year at St Louis Honda gave out the tickets at 9:00am at the front gates. My daughter was bummed she didn't know that but a lady came up to us and said she had an extra ticket. Worked out good for her. I noticed for San Diego KTM sent out a Tweet that said "San Diego race fans! Tickets for Red Bull KTM autograph signing handed out at team rig in 5mins. First 100 ppl to show up get tickets!!" If you don't have to ticket you can't get in line. If you like big crowds you'll love the pits. I don't, so I pass on them now. And you will miss most of the practice standing in line.

The other thing we do at Indy is make a reservation at a restaurant close by for 5:00 or so, that way we can eat real food for about the same price as a hotdog and drink and be done eating with plenty of time to get back to the stadium. From about 4:30 till 6:30 there is nothing going on to miss. I don't know if that would work in Dallas or not.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #1125
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,457
Think that KW did a good job for his first time in the booth.