Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
bigbadandugly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadandugly View Post
Now that you mention it, I do recall they had another R1200GS in that did mid-90s. Don't recall if it was a DOHC boxer or the predecessor. This would be consistent with what you said.
Sorry - I mis-spoke here. I realize now it was a forum member that sent me a PM a few days before my dyno session saying that he knew someone that did 94 rwhp stock and 104 rwhp with mods. Don't know if that's a DynoJet dyno or a Mustang dyno.

bigbadandugly
bigbadandugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #17
The Evil Twin
Boxer Freak

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadandugly View Post
Your comments made me scratch my head. I wasn't aware there were two different full Akro exhaust systems differentiated by header materials, but it makes sense because Revzilla always listed a range for their R1200GS full exhaust system.

I'm on metallurgist, but I can tell the difference between titanium and stainless steel and I installed a fuIl titanium exhaust system. The packing slip says its an Evolution exhaust system and the installation manual is for a full titanium exhaust system (different instructions because there are two different anit-sieze products for the full ti system.)

I can't tell from my order form which system I ordered, I priced matched the exhaust system with one from another online dealer so maybe it was a full Ti system that I was unaware of or maybe Revzilla read the price match web site incorrectly. Maybe some dolt in shipping grabbed the incorrect box, or maybe Revzilla was giving me a free upgrade for ordering $3,000 of parts from them that week. Dunno, but what I do know is that I have a full Ti system. The weight savings alone confirms this.

bigbadandugly
I believe you now. You are correct in that. I'm not sure what happened, but you got one hell of a deal, because I believe someone screwed up. At $1150 I assumed that was the SS version. That is about the on line price I've seen for it. The cheapest I found the Ti was $1500 on line, which is what my local guy price matched. I even checked Revzilla. I usually buy from them for stuff my local guy doesn't have in stock.
CCS #132 Sponsors: DC-Moto.net, Amsoil, Manassas Honda Kawasaki, MARRC
2013 Amateur of the Year
2013 RCGT #6 Overall Mid Atlantic
2012 Cornerworker of the Year

The Evil Twin screwed with this post 09-15-2012 at 06:54 AM Reason: you'll never know ;)
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #18
TuefelHunden
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 591
Thank you very much for actual hard data. Apples to apples data is extremely hard to find and a complete before and after testing ON THE SAME DYNO is just about impossible. GREAT JOB!!!!!