Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #136
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrytori View Post
Well.... this makes waiting for mine to arrive, that much more difficult.

Thanks so much.

terry

Sorry but trust me, worth waiting for!
Navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #137
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Overnight commute update.

Headlight is good, not great. Decent spread, not gonna start any fires though. Better than any of my KTMs, odd how they have such crappy lighting. A bulb upgrade will be installed as the reflector seems to do its job well.

Sitting bolt upright with my 6'-01" 210 frame it'll hit an indicated 87 MPH and thats it. I gave a tuck and the MPHs started to click upward. It should hit 100 with enough room. Cruising at 70-80 was easy and wind turbulence wasn't an issue. It even pulls to pass in 6th gear. Not sportbike quick but enough for normal highway passing.

1st gear is just about useless and it can take off in second with very little effort, I'll test a +1 CS sprocket soon, may only need a tooth less in the rear. I'll be revisiting that soon.

Clutch engagement/friction zone is comically small, you adjust but it will bite you now and again taking off or copping a U turn at low speeds. Ackward, how they missed on this while improving everything else I can't understand. Lever is super light pull so at least that is good.

Vibration, hardly any ever. The bars/grips, tank, seat stay pretty much free of it, I can detect some in the pegs. non issue IMO. I mean you can just feel it, not enough to distract you or numb your feet. This is a smooth bike. I'd think they added another cylinder if I wasn't sure it was still a parallel twin!

So far so good, only complaint is the foot pegs seem a bit forward, I'm thinking rearsets might actually be better as I'm riding with the balls of my feet on the pegs now, old dirt habit.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #138
socalmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin View Post

Headlight is good, not great. Decent spread, not gonna start any fires though. Better than any of my KTMs, odd how they have such crappy lighting. A bulb upgrade will be installed as the reflector seems to do its job well.

Sitting bolt upright with my 6'-01" 210 frame it'll hit an indicated 87 MPH and thats it. I gave a tuck and the MPHs started to click upward. It should hit 100 with enough room. Cruising at 70-80 was easy and wind turbulence wasn't an issue. It even pulls to pass in 6th gear. Not sportbike quick but enough for normal highway passing.

1st gear is just about useless and it can take off in second with very little effort, I'll test a +1 CS sprocket soon, may only need a tooth less in the rear. I'll be revisiting that soon.

Clutch engagement/friction zone is comically small, you adjust but it will bite you now and again taking off or copping a U turn at low speeds. Ackward, how they missed on this while improving everything else I can't understand. Lever is super light pull so at least that is good.

Vibration, hardly any ever. The bars/grips, tank, seat stay pretty much free of it, I can detect some in the pegs. non issue IMO. I mean you can just feel it, not enough to distract you or numb your feet. This is a smooth bike. I'd think they added another cylinder if I wasn't sure it was still a parallel twin!

So far so good, only complaint is the foot pegs seem a bit forward, I'm thinking rearsets might actually be better as I'm riding with the balls of my feet on the pegs now, old dirt habit.
Navin, you have a pm.

~mike
socalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #139
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Back at ya!

Bought for $4749 + tax and tags. Not alot of haggle room for the dealers but some wanted $600 additional for "freight and set up".
Old 10-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #140
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,949
Quote:

I thought riding with the balls of your feet on the pegs was the proper form. The only time my arches are on the pegs are if I'm shifting or braking, or when I'm droning down the slab.

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #141
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbiker View Post
I thought riding with the balls of your feet on the pegs was the proper form. The only time my arches are on the pegs are if I'm shifting or braking, or when I'm droning down the slab.

I didn't use the right wording on that/mis-spoke and it is correct or you'd jam your foot up on hard lefts or have to bend your ankle akwardly up at rest. When the rear sets are added I doubt I'll be using the same part of my foot though. I'm moving my feel alot right now and the slightly forward pegs and steep shifter are kinda akward. When I ride off road it's to articulate the ankle and unload the bike or weight the pegs hard. I actually end up with my toes on the peg much of the time and thats kinda where my feet are now on the 300. i'm thinking the new angles will be much better when resting the foot too.

On the street I don't use alot of foot pressure to steer so I'm thinking I'll adjust to moving them only far enough to clear the shifter/brake and my legs will be bent as they are now with the new pegs just forward of the arch, not near the front.

Or I was simply over thinking this and talkin outta my ass as usual.

BTW, I added a tall factory screen to the bike. Sitting bolt upright it pulled 87 MPH and hit the wall with the stock screen. Same road today, near same conditions/temps, no wind, 30mm taller bubble screen and it went right to 93 indicated and might have kept going, I ran out of road.

I also got around 50 MPG but its been getting broken in ALOT! The tach especially, that needle will be definetly be broken in by the first oil change!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #142
andyhol
volcano rider

Oddometer: 152
Over here on UK ebay dealers all want abit more than in the US

4,799.00 GBP = 7,728.55 USD
Old 10-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #143
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,949
Quote:
I didn't use the right wording on that/mis-spoke and it is correct or you'd jam your foot up on hard lefts or have to bend your ankle akwardly up at rest. When the rear sets are added I doubt I'll be using the same part of my foot though. I'm moving my feel alot right now and the slightly forward pegs and steep shifter are kinda akward. When I ride off road it's to articulate the ankle and unload the bike or weight the pegs hard. I actually end up with my toes on the peg much of the time and thats kinda where my feet are now on the 300. i'm thinking the new angles will be much better when resting the foot too.

On the street I don't use alot of foot pressure to steer so I'm thinking I'll adjust to moving them only far enough to clear the shifter/brake and my legs will be bent as they are now with the new pegs just forward of the arch, not near the front.

Or I was simply over thinking this and talkin outta my ass as usual.

BTW, I added a tall factory screen to the bike. Sitting bolt upright it pulled 87 MPH and hit the wall with the stock screen. Same road today, near same conditions/temps, no wind, 30mm taller bubble screen and it went right to 93 indicated and might have kept going, I ran out of road.

I also got around 50 MPG but its been getting broken in ALOT! The tach especially, that needle will be definetly be broken in by the first oil change!
Glad you like it!

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #144
socalmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Looked at one yesterday and really liked it. Couldn't work out a deal but could see myself owning this bike.

~mike
Old 10-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #145
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,103
Yo Navin, post some pics of the Ninja!
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #146
Meter Man
Living on a prayer

Oddometer: 7,542
Quote:

Seems pretty low to me on top speed. What altitude are you at?
Meter Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #147
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meter Man View Post
Seems pretty low to me on top speed. What altitude are you at?
Hey, it's almost brand new ! Let him put some miles on it already.

Finally got to sit on a white one today - I like it.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #148
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

That wasn't top speed, that was just good highway cruise speeds between 70-80.

I've had it to an indicated 100 MPH in 5th and 6th, which should be about 95-96 actual. I have no doubt it'll do the 108 MPH claims I've read, or more, but you will need some room and a good tuck to get there.

4th gear will get you to just shy of 90 MPH indicated!

6th gear will pull from as low as 40 MPH.

I'm right at sea level.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #149
socalmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Picked one up this evening.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #150
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,900
Damn, white is teh shitz!
Nice! Congrats!

Now you're obligated to review it.
Every 3-4 days for the first few months, then we can switch to
monthly reports.

Just sayin'.
'tiz the rulez.

Check with other inmates if you don't believe me!

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote