Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #31
550SENTA OP
Banned

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
Sure is..................I wonder why the link to a video of a Simson moped though?
b

550SENTA screwed with this post 09-25-2012 at 11:42 AM
550SENTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #32
Reino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
There was no detonation or ping in that video. Only petrol and its alternatives detonate.
Reino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #33
550SENTA OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reino View Post
the 250's produce max power at about 11 000rpm and rev to 13 000 to 14 000 rpm. The super single 250 class bikes (250 4t single cylinder road racing) rev to 16 000.

The 450 mx bikes rev to 11 000 to 12 000 rpm and can be made to rev to 13 000 and 14 000 rpm

they use hollow stainless valves filled with sodium or titanium valves and titanium valve springs.

Petrol does not pressure ignite, its a fact. It is to do with the properties of the chemicals the fuel is made of. All the liquid chemical fuel that usually burns with an open flame does not pressure ignite. Diesel can only be set alight by pressure or an directed flame like a blow torch.

Hp is a function of torque and rpm so to make high hp numbers you have to rev or make a lot of torque. On a 4t to make more torque at low rpm's you ether have to go turbo, supercharger or nitro and that is no feasible on an light weight mx bike so the opt to rev the thing to produce the wanted amount of power.

A 2t an the other end does not need to rev because its expansion chamber acts like a turbo producing a torque boost witch interns producers more hp at lower rpm's.
l

550SENTA screwed with this post 09-25-2012 at 11:43 AM
Old 09-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #34
Reino
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550SENTA View Post
LOL.diesel fuel 40 CCautoignites at 210 degrees celcius and gassoline,(i think 95 CO)autoignites at 280 degrees C.there are racing resonators that work at verry high rpm ,like 16 k,ussualy are longer than the ones that are good at low rpm.and the expansion pipe(the resonator)has nothing in common with a turbocharger WTF.the resonator send a shock wave to the exhaust an cloose it at a certain speed when the piston its in the low point.i know there are state of the art 4 strokes in motocross and hard enduro but i will never buy one in my life,they are simply not made for me.
I am well versed in how all aspects of a 2stroke work, i have done research for about 6 years on them. And i know that expansion chambers are made for a target rpm range.

Expansion chamber has the same function ans an turbo they even display the same characteristics. A turbo is meant to increase the volumetric efficiency above 100% at a certain rpm range. The same as a expansion chamber.

An turbo engine can be tuned for high rpm, but as a consequence have little down low torque same as an expansion chamber.

The big difference between the two is that the expansion chamber manipulates sound waves and a turbo uses the energy in the exhaust gasses to compress the intake portion of the engine.

The use different methods, but there function and characteristics are the same.

Those mega bomb headers on 4T motocross bike's is basically an expansion chamber for 4T.

Top fuel dragster ^^^

With 3000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into a near-solid form before ignition. Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock at full throttle.

Dual magnetos supply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.

Reino screwed with this post 09-22-2012 at 12:48 PM
Old 09-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #35
Reino
Gnarly Adventurer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuCUGcqO5SE
Old 09-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #36
Ever Onward
Time Killer

Oddometer: 615
If I coulda harnessed the energy of two engineering students argueing theory, I Know I coulda given Spencer a run for his money in 1981 !!
Ever Onward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #37
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
LOL.diesel fuel 40 CCautoignites at 210 degrees celcius and gassoline,(i think 95 CO)autoignites at 280 degrees C.there are racing resonators that work at verry high rpm ,like 16 k,ussualy are longer than the ones that are good at low rpm.and the expansion pipe(the resonator)has nothing in common with a turbocharger WTF.the resonator send a shock wave to the exhaust an cloose it at a certain speed when the piston its in the low point.i know there are state of the art 4 strokes in motocross and hard enduro but i will never buy one in my life,they are simply not made for me.

wonder if you could post up some pics of your bike being raced?
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:07 AM   #38
Reino
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Budget View Post
If I coulda harnessed the energy of two engineering students argueing theory, I Know I coulda given Spencer a run for his money in 1981 !!
haha. When starting engineering

When you get your degree.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #39
550SENTA OP
Banned

Quote:
wonder if you could post up some pics of your bike being raced?
i

550SENTA screwed with this post 09-25-2012 at 11:43 AM
Old 09-23-2012, 03:37 AM   #40
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
its not that big deal of a bike,i dont use it in drag races .now its broked,yesterday i was in a trip with a girlfriend,we did a lot of dirrty stuff like wheelies (i have 4,5 atm in the back tire to do the wheelyes with passenger,with less pressure the tire simply just rip the valve of the chamber,slides on to the rim)with 2 persons in sattle and almost when we got home the head gasket failed (big compression-high rpm) and throwed a lot of pressure in the coolant liquid.if i will make it stable and more fiable i will post movies on youtube and here.

If its not being raced than why the 16:1 compression, and the need for alcohol fuels? Post up some pics please.................your posts have been entertaining, and it would be nice the see your bike.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #41
RFVC600R
SAND EATER!

Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
its not that big deal of a bike,i dont use it in drag races .now its broked,yesterday i was in a trip with a girlfriend,we did a lot of dirrty stuff like wheelies (i have 4,5 atm in the back tire to do the wheelyes with passenger,with less pressure the tire simply just rip the valve of the chamber,slides on to the rim)with 2 persons in sattle and almost when we got home the head gasket failed (big compression-high rpm) and throwed a lot of pressure in the coolant liquid.if i will make it stable and more fiable i will post movies on youtube and here.
Sounds like no fun to me, what you gonna do when she falls off the back? And your bike just sounds like a big head ache to me IMHO.

RIDE RED!
RFVC600R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #42
550SENTA OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracus124 View Post
Sounds like no fun to me, what you gonna do when she falls off the back? And your bike just sounds like a big head ache to me IMHO.
i

550SENTA screwed with this post 09-25-2012 at 11:44 AM
Old 09-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #43
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Any chance of some pics.............this bike sounds like great fun, especially if you can post pics of the dirty stuff too.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #44
Reino
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Any chance of some pics.............this bike sounds like great fun, especially if you can post pics of the dirty stuff too.
I second that.

You can use this image hosting site, its free and you don't need to register.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/
Old 09-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #45
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

I get the feeling that the "bike" here is either a 50cc moped or scooter of some sort, which explains the lack of pics!