Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 05:35 AM   #91
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Rocco's Pizza and the Berg finally break the log jam and poor 834 is left to wonder what he did to deserve this.

Btdt. Despite the memories of exhaustion and pain those photos make me want to race again

The scene has changed a lot it seems, Husky and 'Bergs are really getting traction (so to speak).
Old 09-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #92
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,211
Is that an 800 back there?
Throw a rock at him for me.

Quote:
Meagan also gets hung up on the root and is wishing she had gone left instead of right 30 feet behind her as several more que up for their turn at bat.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #93
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 45,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
Btdt. Despite the memories of exhaustion and pain those photos make me want to race again

).
watch kenny61's helmet cam you might be glad you aren't..

there were freaking bikes all over the place!

I really question some of the higher level skill levels being in the woods with some of the lower ones. I mean that one girl from WV only did one lap she must have been passed by everyone several times. Not good. I mean hats off ot her for competing but I think the danger factor of having some of your less skilled riders on a pro level GNCC course needs to be considered. If she only did one lap it must have been a tough one and again taking nothing away from her but even her aside you have to watch Kenny's edit #3 from Unadilla GNCC and see the wow factor. Holy cow bikes everywhere! I was only sitting at one tiny spot on a 8 mile run there must have been pain and suffering all over the place! But they did all get to run a good part of the pro MX track. Very cool I'd LOVE to do that. great stuff. Great stuff, they all should get a medal in my book.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #94
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
Is that an 800 back there?
Throw a rock at him for me.
way ahead of you. I lobbed one at him but missed and hit 711 and he chased me all the way to the 6 mile marker before I lost him.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #95
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:

I really question some of the higher level skill levels being in the woods with some of the lower ones. I mean that one girl from WV only did one lap she must have been passed by everyone several times. Not good. I mean hats off ot her for competing but I think the danger factor of having some of your less skilled riders on a pro level GNCC course needs to be considered. If she only did one lap it must have been a tough one and again taking nothing away from her but even her aside you have to watch Kenny's edit #3 from Unadilla GNCC and see the wow factor. Holy cow bikes everywhere! I was only sitting at one tiny spot on a 8 mile run there must have been pain and suffering all over the place! But they did all get to run a good part of the pro MX track. Very cool I'd LOVE to do that. great stuff. Great stuff, they all should get a medal in my book.

I can tell you from a racers stand point that the skill level difference was huge. I'm pretty much a steady guy, my lap times stayed pretty consistent, except for the one lap I had to pit and fix my handlebars. Even at my pace, the bar banging was amazing, I've never been in traffic the entire race. At the last two Scrambles I've done, I can generally pull away and be alone for a bit but not at the GNCC race.

I found I would rather be passed by a faster rider, than try passing an out of control rider, trying to keep the "pace". It seemed like I was passing and being passed by the same guys all day. One guy, made stupid out of control pass, wrecked and then I passed him right back..... at least 5X

The course was amazing though and I would go back any day of the week and do it again. How many guys can say they rode Unadilla and won a trophy?
Old 09-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #96
nachtflug OP
infidel

man I'm not even through all the first batch and I'm already finding ones I passed over.

there has to be some kind of special award for a man who would run REFOREST THE TROPICS.ORG graphics and is out ripping up the woods on a dirt bike.

and who paints the frame on a KTM green?

what kind of people are these????
Old 09-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #97
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,211
His bike now looks as hideous as his gear and helmet.

Quote:
and who paints the frame on a KTM green?

what kind of people are these????

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #98
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
His bike now looks as hideous as his gear and helmet.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #99
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,209
Hi Fluggy

GOOD STUFF

Gerg

BOOF 160, AMA, RA, MOA, HOG
Live life like you stole it!
Your $5 off SMUGMUG Coupon is
hESgLtqESqM1Q

Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #100
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,744
Quote:

Here you go flug. Thanks for posting up the pics of me in my racing thread

kenny61 screwed with this post 09-24-2012 at 05:29 PM
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #101
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Here you go flug. Thanks for posting up the pics of me in my racing thread

wtf is going on at the 3:04 mark
Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #102
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,744
Bein a little tired and hearing a flock of bikes fast approaching I pulled to the shoulder to seek safe haven when a damn lane splitter flew by
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #103
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
When you play the video, turn the monitor off and just listen. With all the heavy breathing and the occasional "fuck", it sounds like a prank phone call
Old 09-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #104
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Bein a little tired and hearing a flock of bikes fast approaching I pulled to the shoulder to seek safe haven when a damn lane splitter flew by
flew by?? I guess. christ he should have been wearing a cape.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #105
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
When you play the video, turn the monitor off and just listen. With all the heavy breathing and the occasional "fuck", it sounds like a prank phone call