Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #106
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,004
Think that's bad you should hear my first one.
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #107
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,164
Watched Kenny's vid. I could ride that. Race that ? Nope I'd have no fun and be in everybody's way.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #108
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,285
Nice!

Hey Flug, nice looking pics! Sure would have liked to have met the man behind the lens in person. Three of us made the trip up from Georgia. If you see a pic of an old short guy on YZ 250 smoker # 209 with orange Scott gear and helmet, white Tech 10 boots, and gold TLD chest protector from the afternoon race in your collection. I sure would love to see it. The Bike had The Ride Shop Racing Graphics on it.

GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB screwed with this post 09-25-2012 at 09:46 AM
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #109
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 45,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Here you go flug. Thanks for posting up the pics of me in my racing thread

this is just so cool to watch. they basically take both MX tracks as a center and then loop and return the course out like leafs of a 4 leaf clover. like where you enter the main track right before the sky shot and then a little while later you are back in the woods. you also enter the main track and then all of a sudden you are on the U2 track, and then right back into the woods. very cool. an aerial shot of the layout must look like a plate of spaghetti.

also love in the tight woods sections where there are just bikes everywhere you look.

kind of like in Monty Python in the Holy Grail when they are walking in the woods in the fog and glimpses of all these big scary knights just on the fringe of the fog..at least thats what it reminded me of but the clusterfk in the woods must get comical in places. from what I saw some of those guys do NOT slow down and will no doubt blaze a new trail if need. stopping/slowing down is not an option. that one buy bumped you and the quick "sorry" - just too funny.

you did edit gravity cavity out you don't want to omit that, you got a chance to ride one of the legends in MX history.

great stuff I'm still watching it.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #110
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB View Post
Hey Flug, nice looking pics! Sure would have liked to have met the man behind the lens in person. Three of us made the trip up from Georgia. If you see a pic of an old short guy on YZ 250 smoker # 209 with orange Scott gear and helmet, white Tech 10 boots, and gold TLD chest protector from the afternoon race in your collection. I sure would love to see it. The Bike had The Ride Shop Racing Graphics on it.
thanks and will do.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #111
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg View Post
Hi Fluggy

GOOD STUFF

Gerg
thanks dude! good to pull one of the old timers back into the adv fray!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #112
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

I didn't intentionally leave the gravity cavity out. I just didnt do it justice. This is a close as I got an aerial shot of the course

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
Old 09-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #113
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
this is just so cool to watch. they basically take both MX tracks as a center and then loop and return the course out like leafs of a 4 leaf clover. like where you enter the main track right before the sky shot and then a little while later you are back in the woods. you also enter the main track and then all of a sudden you are on the U2 track, and then right back into the woods. very cool. an aerial shot of the layout must look like a plate of spaghetti.

also love in the tight woods sections where there are just bikes everywhere you look.

kind of like in Monty Python in the Holy Grail when they are walking in the woods in the fog and glimpses of all these big scary knights just on the fringe of the fog..at least thats what it reminded me of but the clusterfk in the woods must get comical in places. from what I saw some of those guys do NOT slow down and will no doubt blaze a new trail if need. stopping/slowing down is not an option. that one buy bumped you and the quick "sorry" - just too funny.

you did edit gravity cavity out you don't want to omit that, you got a chance to ride one of the legends in MX history.

At the NC round one year, they routed the course through an old house on the property.
I staked out a spot inside the kitchen while the pros went through the living room and out the back door.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #114
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
we can do lunch next time. nobody escapes my nikon.

there certainly were more innnnnnnnnteresting perspectives in the afternoon group...

Old 09-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #115
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,285
Thanks

You are the man! I was to busy trying not to take a bath to see ya. Lunch will be on me if our paths cross.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #116
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
You are the man! I was to busy trying not to take a bath to see ya. Lunch will be on me if our paths cross.
trust me from my perch you wouldn't have seen me. that afternoon course for the pro and A riders was no joke, including that stream. but the amateur group that went out late morning with the B and C riders. Some of those guys see a camera come out they suddenly think they're Travis Pastrana or Twitch Stenberg.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #117
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Thats funny. Because I never saw/noticed you again after the transponder /tech check. But it pretty obvious I went by you at least once
Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #118
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Quote:

Old 09-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #119
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Quote:
that one buy bumped you and the quick "sorry" - just too funny.

When you're slow like me you get passed alot. So you could say I am a connoisseur of passing. A good rider will pass you like your not even there. You will usually be going fast, in your own mind, thinking damn Im getting good at this. Only to have some person in a ponytail and pink out fit blow by you at 3 times your speed. That is an "A" passer...

Then you will have someone else about 100" behind you hootin and hollering and taking so long you pull over and stop to see what the heck all the noise is about, maybe i have a flat tire or a baby carriage is hooked to my bike, only to have them whack you with their hand as they go by... that would be a "C" passer

Old 09-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #120
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
How do I pass you?