ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #316
pilot
Slackin' again
 
pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Kansas City
Oddometer: 30,378
Remember, guys, politics is down the hall.
__________________
"In order for one person to get a thing without paying for it, another person must pay for that thing without getting it"
Walter Williams

The other 10% are sociopaths , serial killers and KLR riders. You wont get much sympathy from them.
-Furious D
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #317
CodyY OP
ADVenture Capitalist
 
CodyY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Oddometer: 9,461
Plenty of that down the hall. Dont get my thread booted.



some electrons were mildly inconvenienced in the sending of this message
__________________
Not an ACTUAL motorcyclist
CodyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #318
RuggedExposure
wandering the desert
 
RuggedExposure's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Hermanas, NM (on the US/Mex border past BFE)
Oddometer: 1,193
Picked up 3 lower receivers today.


This brings my total to 10 AR-15s
__________________
The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth

Border Road 100 Border Road Rally Raid
'13 Husky Terra 650, '08 Kawasaki Meanstreak 1600, '95 DR350S
RuggedExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #319
ImaPoser
adventure imposter
 
ImaPoser's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Oddometer: 15,414
Stuff started hitting the doorstep this morning. A handful of other shipping confirmations came in today. My boy is going to have a great christmas.
__________________
ImaPoser

Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: DeAGMxYPTdjUA


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
I've tried to talk myself into appreciating winter for what it is: a brutally cold, bleak, dark, crippling, depressing, boring, endless hole in the calendar.
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #320
gofast1320
Studly Adventurer
 
gofast1320's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Middle Tennessee
Oddometer: 615
AR looking

I was talking to a guy at a local range on Sunday afternoon and he was looking at my RRA AR with 20"varmint barrel and 4.5 -14x 50mm scope. Said he was impressed with the way the gun shot and had been considering getting one and what was a good price. I told him where a new RRA 24" varminter with 2-stage trigger was and that he needed to get it Monday to keep me from getting it. He was trying to figure a way to dicker with the store owner and I told him there wouldn't be any dickering that the price might go up when he opened Monday. I cruised by Monday afternoon and went in, store still had it so I bought it and a Ruger SR-22. While the owner was handing me my change the guy from the range came walking in getting ready to dicker on the price, when he saw the gun on the counter he got less than happy. He better be glad I didnlt buy the S&W m- 15 that was still on the shelf too..
gofast1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #321
RedRocker
Native Texican
 
RedRocker's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: N.Texas
Oddometer: 5,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedExposure View Post
Picked up 3 lower receivers today.


This brings my total to 10 AR-15s
I guess a fella can't have too many AR-15's
__________________
N. Texas
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #322
RuggedExposure
wandering the desert
 
RuggedExposure's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Hermanas, NM (on the US/Mex border past BFE)
Oddometer: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker View Post
I guess a fella can't have too many AR-15's

One for each finger!

Actually 4-5 of them might be sold for profit once this ban gets full swing.
__________________
The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth

Border Road 100 Border Road Rally Raid
'13 Husky Terra 650, '08 Kawasaki Meanstreak 1600, '95 DR350S
RuggedExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:03 AM   #323
RedRocker
Native Texican
 
RedRocker's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: N.Texas
Oddometer: 5,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedExposure View Post
One for each finger!

Actually 4-5 of them might be sold for profit once this ban gets full swing.
Better than gold!
__________________
N. Texas
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #324
pilot
Slackin' again
 
pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Kansas City
Oddometer: 30,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post
Remember, guys, politics is down the hall.
__________________
"In order for one person to get a thing without paying for it, another person must pay for that thing without getting it"
Walter Williams

The other 10% are sociopaths , serial killers and KLR riders. You wont get much sympathy from them.
-Furious D
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #325
CodyY OP
ADVenture Capitalist
 
CodyY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Oddometer: 9,461
Im thinking I could get nearly $2000 for my simple carbine with mods right now. (pics in first post)

some electrons were mildly inconvenienced in the sending of this message
__________________
Not an ACTUAL motorcyclist
CodyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #326
duck851
Gnarly Adventurer
 
duck851's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Pa
Oddometer: 166
Its not black and I know nothing about them. But I bought this for the SO for Christmas.


duck851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #327
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait
 
UngaWunga's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: NH
Oddometer: 6,325
So, it'll be many months before any laws are passed/changed, prices will come back down from the crazy levels...

So, I've been wanting to get an ar15-type rifle for a while for target shooting. Recommendations for an inexpensive base level model/brand to look at? Looking for an inexpensive entry that can be upgraded if it retains my interest. Thanks.
UngaWunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #328
CodyY OP
ADVenture Capitalist
 
CodyY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Oddometer: 9,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
So, it'll be many months before any laws are passed/changed, prices will come back down from the crazy levels...

So, I've been wanting to get an ar15-type rifle for a while for target shooting. Recommendations for an inexpensive base level model/brand to look at? Looking for an inexpensive entry that can be upgraded if it retains my interest. Thanks.
hard to beat a STAG for the value.

A great way to get one is a MOE model from S&W or others that includes upgraded Magpul furniture for very little upcharge.
__________________
Not an ACTUAL motorcyclist
CodyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #329
Squelch
Everyday People
 
Squelch's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Daegu, Korea
Oddometer: 1,101
So for folks that deal with Cabela's, how often do they restock? I think if I were one of the companies that make black rifles, I'd be cranking them out as quickly as possible right now to try to sell as many as I could before a ban takes effect. And if I were Cabela's I'd be trying to get as many as i could so I could sell them, because everyone that buys a gun is going to need ammunition, and if they haven't had one before they're going to need a cleaning kit, ears and eyes, maybe a manual, a scope, etc. So it seems logical that everyone should be trying to sell as many as possible over the next few weeks to maximize profits.
Squelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #330
CodyY OP
ADVenture Capitalist
 
CodyY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Oddometer: 9,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squelch View Post
So for folks that deal with Cabela's, how often do they restock? I think if I were one of the companies that make black rifles, I'd be cranking them out as quickly as possible right now to try to sell as many as I could before a ban takes effect. And if I were Cabela's I'd be trying to get as many as i could so I could sell them, because everyone that buys a gun is going to need ammunition, and if they haven't had one before they're going to need a cleaning kit, ears and eyes, maybe a manual, a scope, etc. So it seems logical that everyone should be trying to sell as many as possible over the next few weeks to maximize profits.
Cabelas gets a couple supply trucks a day.
__________________
Not an ACTUAL motorcyclist
CodyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014