User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #466
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 3,760
Give it 2 months for the market to become flooded. I just want my tax stamp to come back for my AAC 300 blackout suppressor.
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #467
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer: 7,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
Not sure if it fits in this thread, but I scored this little number today. I can't believe they had a Five seveN sitting on the shelf, considering how many times they have attempted to ban them. I mean the 5.7 is kind of a rifle round right?
I love that thing/round!

Quote:
Give it 2 months for the market to become flooded. I just want my tax stamp to come back for my AAC 300 blackout suppressor.
Ditto for me on a Rem 700 AAC-SD in .308 w/can!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #468
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,496
Quote:
Not sure if it fits in this thread, but I scored this little number today. I can't believe they had a Five seveN sitting on the shelf, considering how many times they have attempted to ban them. I mean the 5.7 is kind of a rifle round right?

If I move out of MA and it's still legal I'm getting one of those or a 22 TCM 1911

Speaking of which has anyone seen either of those guns for sale (new preferably) around VA? After telling my father about those guns he's been trying to find them.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #469
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,205
AR-15 magazines

A friend asked me to sell him a couple of 30 round magazines. I have a few extra. He told me to name my price, but I don't want to take advantage of the situation. The ones I have are marked La Belle industries. What were these selling for before things got crazy? What are they worth now?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #470
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,428
A few days ago, before Obama's address, three (new) P-mags were going for about $110-$150 on "GunsAmerica".

I haven't checked the madness, since then...

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #471
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,362
I bought three pmags 30rd before the madness for about $18/per at a local store

ebay has a single 30rd magpul for $120 lol

Nessmuk

sailah screwed with this post 01-17-2013 at 07:16 PM
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #472
wagonpilot
Freeeeze

Oddometer: 1,046
Brownell's had 10 packs of 30 rnd pmags for $120 before the rush.

Don't know what the metal ones were going for.
wagonpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #473
Cumminsman76
befuddled

Oddometer: 8,479
Quote:
It was designed to take the place of a 9mm for NATO and FN specifically designed it for the P90 and the Fiveseven pistol. So you can really call it a rifle round even though it looks like one. It was designed for both.

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #474
gofast1320
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 659
mags

Tell him no. No matter what you charge him you can't replace them for what you sell them to him for and he will always have in the back of his mind you screwed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo-55 View Post
A friend asked me to sell him a couple of 30 round magazines. I have a few extra. He told me to name my price, but I don't want to take advantage of the situation. The ones I have are marked La Belle industries. What were these selling for before things got crazy? What are they worth now?
gofast1320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #475
sailah
Lampin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast1320 View Post
Tell him no. No matter what you charge him you can't replace them for what you sell them to him for and he will always have in the back of his mind you screwed him.
That would be my position too I'm keeping my new ones in the wrapper

Nessmuk
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #476

Oddometer: 5,307
Quote:
If it were me...

Best friend. Sell them for what you paid for them.
Good friend. Sell them $10 over what you paid for the each i.e. make $30
Acquaintance. $20-$30 over what you paid each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow
conformity makes better taxpayers.
13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #477
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast1320 View Post
I was thinking maybe 20 bucks per magazine. These are all metal mags, he knows like all of us that these are not available at this time. I don't think he will ever feel screwed. This guy is a friend, but not a close friend. Don't want to screw him, but don't want to screw myself either. Just took inventory, I have 10 30 round mags, a longer mag that has AR-15 stamped on the bottom, I am guessing it is a 40 round, and 2 Colt 5 round mags, all are metal. So selling a couple of the 30 round mags won't hurt at all.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #478
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,599
Did you ask why he needs high capacity mags? Hunting? Is he OK mentally? Does he have a paranoia like checking tire pressure on his bike each morning?

Facebook
Nova Scotia on Explorer

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #479
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 View Post
If it were me...

Best friend. Sell them for what you paid for them.
Good friend. Sell them $10 over what you paid for the each i.e. make $30
Acquaintance. $20-$30 over what you paid each.
He would qualify between acquaintance and good friend. Problem is I bought thes mags 15-20 years ago. No idea what I paid for them
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #480
sailah
Lampin' it

Quote:
I was thinking maybe 20 bucks per magazine. These are all metal mags, he knows like all of us that these are not available at this time. I don't think he will ever feel screwed. This guy is a friend, but not a close friend. Don't want to screw him, but don't want to screw myself either. Just took inventory, I have 10 30 round mags, a longer mag that has AR-15 stamped on the bottom, I am guessing it is a 40 round, and 2 Colt 5 round mags, all are metal. So selling a couple of the 30 round mags won't hurt at all.
Cool I'll take three too

Nessmuk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: